PDA

View Full Version : What are yall's predictions on Greenwoods 1st game against Ballinger

Greenwoodbro
07-14-2003, 04:21 PM
If Greenwood with just go one game at a time and play like they can and dont under estimate the opponents, i think Greenwood will take this one.

Jimbotex40
07-14-2003, 04:41 PM
ballinger wins hands down...jk i have no clue about D2 teams this year.

all i know is that D1 will be between carthage, Forney, Burnet, and maybe Everman.

vet93
07-14-2003, 05:23 PM
Greenwood will be an obvious favorite in this game. The game is in Midland which is a big advantage and on turf which favors Greenwood. Ballinger returns most of their skill position people and alot of their defensive starter but they are going to have to find some linemen that can block for those skill position players. Last year in both games that these two teams played...Greenwood completely controlled the line of scrimmage. This allowed Audas and Wilbur to basically do what they do best. If the young linemen don't step up and play tough, then you will likely see a repeat of the last two games. I think that if Ballinger can develop those young linemen, then they will have a chance to be pretty salty by the end of the season.

BULLDOGFAN
07-14-2003, 09:08 PM
Greenwood by 3. Hey it worked for Bandera all year:)

wildstangs
07-14-2003, 10:15 PM
Ballinger shocks the world. Bearcats by 6. :)

Jacket2000
07-15-2003, 01:23 AM
I think this is the year for the Bearcats from West Texas. Ballinger by 8.
J2K

vet93
07-15-2003, 08:30 AM
Being an old linemen I guess that I put more emphasis on linemen than some. After seeing Greenwood control the line of scrimmage like they did last year I think that it is going to be really hard for the young linemen to be at peak performance at the beginning of the season. You can have all of the skill position players in the world but if you can't control the game at the point of attack, then you don't have a chance. I am very optimistic that Ballinger will field a quality team this year but it takes time for a young line to gel. I think that there are those who are predicting a Ballinger victory just to get under the skin of some of the younger Greenwood posters. wink Right now, early on, I see Greenwood's two toughest preseason games to be Andrews and Sweetwater.

Wtx_coach
07-16-2003, 10:51 AM
I will take BALLINGER in this one by 3 considering the lineman block for Posey, he might be too much for greenwood early on in the season, hey thats just my opinion,

vet93
07-16-2003, 02:04 PM
I would say that Greenwood handled Posey pretty well last year...not to take anything away from Antonio...When you are hit by 3 people at the line of scrimmage its kind of hard to get going. In defense of Ballinger however (I do think that they were a better team that what was seen last year at Grande), they seemed to be suffering from the hangover of beating a very talented team from Kennedale. I think that Kennedale took Ballinger lightly after playing Bridgeport and Ballinger played the best game of their season against the Wildcats. I think that Ballinger took Greenwood kind of lightly after beating Kennedale. I am sure the kids were thinking to themselves that they played pretty decent against Greenwood without Posey (injury)...so they would beat them when he was healthy. After all...they had just beaten mighty Kennedale who beat Everman...Big Mistake. Greenwood was much better at the end of the season than they were at the beginning and they were highly motivated after playing poorly against a Canyon team that was supposed to be decidedly weaker. I was very impressed with Greenwoods team last year...they were a team of destiny...too bad they met another team of destiny in Bandera. :confused:

Z motion 10 out on 2
07-16-2003, 02:20 PM
This will be a great game. Both teams look to have a promising year. I will get a sneak peek at Ballinger during the Vernon scrimage and then I can evaluate how well those linemen are gelling as Vet puts it. But Posey is a heck of a runner--one of the best backs I saw all of last year.

VWG
07-16-2003, 04:25 PM
I have to take Greenwood by at least 14.
Don't get me wrong, I know that Ballinger is a well coached team. I have to look at Vet93's comments about the line. Without a cohesive unit up front then it will be hard for Posey to bust out. Look at Breckenridge when Larry Huitt was playing for them. Great back, quick with good moves... but when you have to make those moves 3 to 5 yards behind the line it's hard to make positive yardage.