PDA

View Full Version : MATHIS vs. ARANSAS PASS

M.PIRATEFAN
10-06-2002, 05:59 PM
Any predictions on this game!!!! District opener for both teams. I have to go with my Mathis Pirates 34-14.

sinton66
10-06-2002, 06:30 PM
Data Poll has Mathis +0.5. I'll be the first to predict the upset. Aransas Pass by 6.

District303aPastPlayer
10-07-2002, 01:22 AM
I will take Aransas Pass, and I wont consider this an upset. Sorry mathis fans, but i think that AP is THE #2 team in district this year behind Sinton.

SintonFan
10-07-2002, 02:41 AM
AP has shown some promise and continues to build their team. Mathis should not have lost to Refugio like they did. Mathis by three.

sinfan75
10-07-2002, 04:32 AM
I'll take Mathis by 14.That Sophmore QB they got lookin pretty sharp.

crazy3afan
10-07-2002, 10:27 AM
mathis by 10. i also heard about that soph. QB heard he is pretty good

pirate4state
10-07-2002, 10:27 AM
Aransas Pass by 9. :p

M.PIRATEFAN
10-07-2002, 09:21 PM
Sintonfan,Sinton75, and Crazy3Afan, I am glad someone is paying attention. I'm telling you sophmore QB is looking pretty sharp!!!!!!!!! :D
And by the way, he started that game against Refugio, the timing was off on some passing routes. The receivers were used to Omar. What was happening is that Omar couldn't throw that ball far. So when Eddie B. would go back to pass, receivers would stop thinking that Eddie wouldnt' reach it.But instead he was overthrowing passes. But now they got it down. He had a awesome game aganist Hebbronville. I heard that they wanted to start him last year when our QB was out with a concusion. They didn't want to take that chance. Coach Soza knows what he's doing and we have this kid for 3 yrs. It will be not only a running game but a passing game this Friday. Good luck against West Oso but they haven't play any good teams beside Yoakum. Good luck Sinton. Are yall going to be at the game?????? Do yall have a phone in the pressbox???? If yall do let me have it.O.K. :D

SintonFan_inAustin
10-08-2002, 12:28 AM
Mathis 28 AP 22

TarponFanInNorthTexas
10-08-2002, 12:53 AM
This game will be close, no doubt.

I'll take Mathis over A-Pass 34-24........besides, Mathis needs to win and be the higher ranked Div. II team to play Port Isabel in the area round (assuming both dispatch their opponent in bi-district Now THAT'S a game I want to see. :D

J.E.C.-MP
10-08-2002, 10:38 AM
This game is going to be a close one. The game will be tough for Mathis due to playing in Aransas Pass. I'm still going with a Mathis win.
Mathis wins by 3....

crazy3afan
10-08-2002, 11:30 AM
with mathis now having a passing game. what kind of passing defense does aransas pass have. and does mathis still run those trick plays from the pass seasons.

M.PIRATEFAN
10-08-2002, 08:12 PM
Hey TarpooninN.T. that would be a good game to watch.Anyways, good luck through district and maybe we'll meet in the playoffs.

Crazy3Afan, A.P. passing defense has given alot of passing yards. Not to mention running yards as well. Wharton whoop them pretty bad.On the ground and through the air. Mathis still has those tricky plays and you just don't know when Coach Soza starts bringing them out. I know that A.p. special teams is not that good. Boling scored all their tds on special teams against A.P. this past Friday, not to mention the opening kicoff 90yds.
Look for Mathis to break it on 1 or 2 this Friday. What Mathis needs to do is have those long drives and keep A.P. offense off the field. We need to win this one. It's a must win for us. Good luck MathisPirates and let's go get them!!!! :D

SintonFan
10-08-2002, 08:46 PM
The more I think about this game, the more I think Mathis will win. Unless AP comes in like this http://images.bravenet.com/brpics/smilie/16_angry.gif, Mathis will leave victorious. Good luck to both teams!

sinton66
10-08-2002, 08:49 PM
Data Poll just updated with last week's results, now has AP picked by +1.5. I'm sticking with my AP by 6. :D

whtfbplaya
10-08-2002, 08:52 PM
Good Luck A-Pass Great Win Over Boling

big daddy russ
10-08-2002, 09:06 PM
the strongest part of ap's game is their offense. against wharton, rb tommy blake was hurt in the first half. wharton wouldve probably beat em anyways, but it wouldnt have been by 22 points. their qb- john david heard- is averaging close to 200 yards passing per game and the panthers have two kids who could run for 100 yards on any given night- blake and corey hale. their special teams (read-coverage units) suck and their defense wont remind anyone of sinton or donna, but their offense carries them. theyre averaging 400 yards a game... theyve played rockport, flour bluff, refugio, wharton and boling. theyve got the talent... their big problem is just that their defense isnt as tough as it could be.

big daddy russ
10-08-2002, 09:15 PM
oh yeah, and i got the panthers by a touchdown... overtime maybe??? (remember last year?)

sinton66
10-08-2002, 09:18 PM
My thoughts too BDR! wink

SintonFan
10-08-2002, 09:34 PM
big daddy russ:
the strongest part of ap's game is their offense. against wharton, rb tommy blake was hurt in the first half. wharton wouldve probably beat em anyways, but it wouldnt have been by 22 points. their qb- john david heard- is averaging close to 200 yards passing per game and the panthers have two kids who could run for 100 yards on any given night- blake and corey hale. their special teams (read-coverage units) suck and their defense wont remind anyone of sinton or donna, but their offense carries them. theyre averaging 400 yards a game... theyve played rockport, flour bluff, refugio, wharton and boling. theyve got the talent... their big problem is just that their defense isnt as tough as it could be.BDR, if AP has a suspect D then Mathis will control the ball and the game. No disrespect, jus my opinion. Gotta love that wing-t!

sinton66
10-08-2002, 09:41 PM
I went with Mathis against Refugio, Not this time. wink

SintonFan
10-08-2002, 09:45 PM
Yeah but Refugio doesn't have a suspect D...

big daddy russ
10-08-2002, 09:46 PM
66, its cool... but i meant mental toughness. sorry for not clearing that up. theyre solid in close games, but if mathis does start to run up the score i could see ap giving up... but i just dont know if i can see mathis doing that. no offense intended towards any m-pirate fans out there (you guys have proven yourselves in the playoffs each of the past four years), but rockport and wharton are both just in a completely different league and those are the teams who beat ap. i just dont think the district altogether is as strong as it has been the past two years and that while mathis has slid a little, ap brought back most of the same kids they did last year...
ps... i really want to see that qb of yours. hear he's a stud.

sinton66
10-08-2002, 09:47 PM
How do you guys think Mathis would have fared playing Wharton? I know what I think.
http://images.bravenet.com/brpics/smilie/loser.gif

<small>[ October 09, 2002, 07:28 AM: Message edited by: sinton66 ]</small>

M.PIRATEFAN
10-09-2002, 08:44 PM
A.P is d is giving up 28 points a game. We are probably giving up average, maybe around 9 points a game. Cannot say that is good could be way better. Now that we have that sophmore QB that is going to get better as the season goes by, he will have at least to tds on Friday. Thats just me. I have seen him and he is a natural, great arm that kid has. It's going to be a battle for field position and time consuming drives for Mathis who love to do that. wink