PDA

View Full Version : Port Isabel vs. psja memorial

Ibleedblue
09-15-2004, 04:49 PM
Coming into week 4 the Port Isabel Tarpons are playing 4a PSJA MEMORIAL. what are your predictions on this weeks excitng challange.

Ray_BearKat
09-15-2004, 05:00 PM
If PI can contain the pass they should have no problem...if not them there gonna have a hell of a time.

c-town_balla
09-15-2004, 08:23 PM
Why does PI play all of these big schools so often? I know that the 5A school y'all rival. But why so many?

Gobbla2001
09-15-2004, 08:24 PM
Originally posted by c-town_balla
Why does PI play all of these big schools so often? I know that the 5A school y'all rival. But why so many?

Because the 3A schools down there are in their district...

It's the Valley, man...

Ibleedblue
09-19-2004, 08:52 AM
Port Isabel plays around 3 4a and 2 5a schools every preseason.We still aren't scared to play them. heck, we at least win 4 of them every year. that shows talent...... go big blue.:clap:

Ibleedblue
09-19-2004, 09:03 AM
Tarpons win! Friday night the tarpons beat the psja wolverines 38-14. Lando Ochoa had 2 rushing td's and one in the air as the qb. jonny "nitro" nieto tacked on 2 td's as half back. the pi kicker also got his time to shine by ending the game with a 20+ feild goal. congrats tarpons. and be ready to milk the jerseys next week:clap:

footballgal
09-19-2004, 01:52 PM
Congrats to my Fightin' Silver Tarpons, it was a little slippery out there but you still look good.

Tarpons 1st team 35-0
Tarpons 2nd team 3-10

The 2nd team offense looked pretty good, the 2nd team Defense did Ok, penalties killed them though.

And Gobbla what did you mean by it's the valley???

Yes the only 3A schools in the valley are all in the same district, unlike the 4A and 5 A schools in the valley. It's hard to play teams outside the valley without traveling so far. But maybe next year Cuero and Sinton will schedule PI in their Schedules and other non-valley teams that are closer to the valley. I won’t mind traveling to see these possible matchups.