PDA

View Full Version : Newton and Jasper - Again

TigerShark
09-15-2004, 02:08 PM
I am disapointed.

Ever since the loss last year, we, the folks in Newton thought that this year would be the year. The year to beat Jasper.

No "Red"
No Jorey
No Sir Vincent
No Rodriguez
No Cook
No little fast guy with a gold grill "that likes to beat up grandma's in parking lots"

But it looks like we are not getting it done yet, and here it is, the Jasper game.

They beat WOS and lost to a good PNG

We lost to a bad 3a team and beat a bad 2a team.

Can the Eagles get it together, and acomplish this goal we have set.

I sure hope so.

BTW, Jasper-- you had all that tallent and couldn't win state. What a shame, what a shame.

JasperDog94
09-15-2004, 02:11 PM
You also posted this on the 2A site. Why the trash talking about Jasper?

Junkyard
09-15-2004, 02:12 PM
Because he knows they are going to lose again.

spiveyrat
09-15-2004, 02:15 PM
Wow! I've never seen such bitterness coming at Jasper from Newton. :eek:

TigerShark
09-15-2004, 02:26 PM
There is no trash, only the truth. Everything that I post will be based only on facts.

And don't get mad at the truth.

Newton hasn't beat a 3a team this year, and Jasper had all that tallent and came away with no gold.

And an old lady did get beat up in a parking lot, by a kid with a gold grill.

And all the trash talk is just what happens when you have a great HS rivalry.

I love the Newton - Jasper game.

This is the week that we love to hate each other.

As long as an old lady doesn't get beat up again, it will be a great event.

We just need more security at the ALAMO.

This year the Eagles will win Wal-Mart back.

14-7 Newton

Pigskin 2004
09-15-2004, 02:28 PM
Not a chance, Jasper by 3 TD's

Junkyard
09-15-2004, 02:30 PM
The story i heard was the old lady took the first punch.

and you can have Wallyworld but you are dreaming if you think TH eagles can pull this one off. From what I have seen Newton is a little down this year and Jasper is better this year than they wer last year.

cunbed10
09-15-2004, 02:43 PM
Well Jasper is really the one with something to lose, if Jasper wins, it will be well they're AAA, and if Jasper loses, it will be Jasper got beat by a AA shcool., so that's a lose lose situation.

JasperDog94
09-15-2004, 02:44 PM
Jasper only lost to one of the best teams in the state the last two years. No shame in that. I've got great respect for Burnet. Where's the shame in going to the semi-finals two years in a row?

Junkyard
09-15-2004, 02:46 PM
It has always been that way in the Jasper-Newton game it is win win for newton and lose lose for Jasper makes you wonder why they schedule it. Except it is hard for Jasper to find people to play and Newton is close.

JasperDog94
09-15-2004, 02:49 PM
Originally posted by cunbed10
Well Jasper is really the one with something to lose, if Jasper wins, it will be well they're AAA, and if Jasper loses, it will be Jasper got beat by a AA shcool., so that's a lose lose situation. I don't look at it that way. I think that Jasper and Newton will both be better teams for having played each other, win, lose, or draw.

TigerShark
09-15-2004, 02:49 PM
Come on, BC achieved the same thing.

I enjoy cheering for you guys, just not this week; but don't make excuses.

Win-Win / Loose-Loose
It does not matter, this game has to be played.
Two of the best programs in the state of Texas only 15 miles apart.
The only way that it could be better is if at halftime we had a three way schrimage with our two J.V.s and Burkville.

And, It was an old lady. Are you saying that she had it coming.
I don't care what she said or did, I can't see hitting an old lady.

JasperDog94
09-15-2004, 02:51 PM
No excuses here. I don't remember all the circumstances, but it was totally uncalled for.

Backwoods
09-15-2004, 03:01 PM
Well Junkyard, we're just a "fill-in" for you? You must be practicing for the playoffs. You hear a lot of Jasper going D2. Are the smaller schools the only ones you're pretty sure of beating? No offense Dawg94, This guy just rubbed me the wrong way. Makes us sound like last choice.

Junkyard
09-15-2004, 03:03 PM
I m not saying she had it coming or deserved it! And it was a kid that had graduated not a current student. But it is incidents like that one that make me wish this game was not scheduled. the towns are too close all the kids know each other and they dont get along for any reason. And the game just causes more animosity between the 2 towns.

Junkyard
09-15-2004, 03:05 PM
Originally posted by Backwoods
Well Junkyard, we're just a "fill-in" for you? You must be practicing for the playoffs. You hear a lot of Jasper going D2. Are the smaller schools the only ones you're pretty sure of beating? No offense Dawg94, This guy just rubbed me the wrong way. Makes us sound like last choice.

Not last choice backwood on the contrary Newton is a good game for Jasper to see some real speed. I personallly just dont like the choice.

Backwoods
09-15-2004, 03:07 PM
OK Junkyard. All is forgiven. See y'all Friday. Drive safely.

duckbutter
09-15-2004, 03:07 PM
Your right Junkyard, Newton is down this yr. You might as well call the coach and tell him to let the starters have the night off so they can rest for BC. I don't know if we will even be able to get our kids on the bus without them crapping in their pants from fear.
My prediction:
Jasper 54
Newon -12 at the half :rolleyes:

TigerShark
09-15-2004, 03:08 PM
No the reason you don't want to play is the loose-loose situation.

You just said it in a previous post.

Newton has never backed down from anyone in any class.

How about Groveton in 85'. Or Corrigan. Or San Augustine.

(my spelling may be bad, but it's becouse I'm ticked now)

Good thing you don't make the schedule, Jasper would go 10-0 and then 10-1.

Junkyard
09-15-2004, 03:09 PM
Why do Newton posters have such a chip on their shoulders. I wasnt trying to be dergoatory.
Duck can you honestly say that yall are as strong as you have been the last 2 years?

Junkyard
09-15-2004, 03:10 PM
hey bulldog 12 have i got them rialed up enough for you now.

Ranger05
09-15-2004, 03:17 PM
i think newton by 3

Hupernikomen
09-15-2004, 03:22 PM
The shame is that we are proud of our Newton county neighbors for bringing home the gold a few years back and that all he can do is jab at us for not winning it all. No fears Jasper will clearly show who is the best team in the twin counties this year come friday night. good luck in 2A eagles make us proud again.

duckbutter
09-15-2004, 03:49 PM
Originally posted by Junkyard
Why do Newton posters have such a chip on their shoulders. I wasnt trying to be dergoatory.
Duck can you honestly say that yall are as strong as you have been the last 2 years? Honestly, we are stronger than we have been since '98-'99. I believe our kids thought they could just walk on the field and Anahuac would play dead and it cost them the game. We'll see Friday what we are made of.....

98Eagle
09-15-2004, 04:13 PM
No need in me even going to the game. Looks like Jasper has already won this one. Maybe I'll just go watch the Hemphill/Corrigan Camden game. :evillaugh

RBARKER
09-15-2004, 04:33 PM
Jasper by 3td's. No disrespect to Newton, I just think Jasper is the stronger of the two at this point in the season.

JHS_drummer05
09-15-2004, 06:13 PM
Both teams are strong, but jasper is playing both heart and talent (even if they do hold the record for fumbles) and I am not saying that newton isn't playing with heart, cause there is no doubt that they are, but Jasper seems to be on top of thier game this year. Hopefully, it'll be one of those "edge-of-your-seat" games. Jasper by 7.....GO DAWGS!!!:inlove:

DawgFan91
09-15-2004, 06:27 PM
[i]

(my spelling may be bad, but it's becouse I'm ticked now)

[/B]

Tigershark,

Don't blame it on anger, you were not spelling "talent" correctly from the start of this post.

dawgmom
09-15-2004, 07:49 PM
About the little old lady incident.... This occurred in Jasper at the JV game. The little lady, from Newton, stepped in to try to save her grandson who was fighting. There were several from both sides fighting. Anyway, the little lady ended up getting bumped and fell against a car. She was later reported to be just fine, ticked off, but fine. PLEASE....none of that this year. I will be in Newton tomorrow night for the JV game, unless Newton JV is scared and forfeits! hehe...just kidding.... Please do not damage my car! :eek:
Oh and SEE Y"ALL FRIDAY NIGHT in the Boneyard, ready for some Eagle bones! :D :D :D :D

98Eagle
09-15-2004, 08:07 PM
Well we always have been afraid of big bad Jasper. Our JV probably will forfeit because no one wants to face the Dawgs. You better keep an eye on your vehicle when you come to Newton because so many vehicles have been vandalized in the past. :rolleyes:

dawgmom
09-15-2004, 08:12 PM
Actually I have never heard of Newton causing any problems or damage to vehicles, other than the fight last year, but I don't know who started that. Now, Kirbyville on the other hand.....sorry to say YEP!

j_dog
09-15-2004, 09:23 PM
Originally posted by TigerShark
Newton has never backed down from anyone in any class.

Enough already!!! :rolleyes: Correct, Newton does not back down from playing anyone. But, neither does Jasper, and has not for at least the past 20 years. When Newton was 3a and playing strong 4a teams, and Jasper was 4a, Jasper was playing strong 5a teams, including teams like Lufkin, Huntsville, and Houston Forest Brook. Now that Jasper is 3a, they are playing strong 4a teams.

So, so all this talk going back and forth is uncalled for in my opinion. Neither team is afraid of the other. No hating from me for Newton. I love to see Newton do well. :) And I think that is true of most Jasper fans. And I like to think that deep down, most Newton fans pull for Jasper when they are not playing Newton. :)

Bulldog_12
09-15-2004, 09:30 PM
What I wanna know is what kind of education people get in Newton? Loose? Its lose! Jasper by 100 ;) . Thanks Junkyard. bout time this place got stirred up.

Bulldog_12
09-15-2004, 09:35 PM
Yeah, this game should be really fun, I'm really excited to make the 3 hour drive for it. Both teams will definately bring their -game, but I think that the dogs will come away with a win this year. Hopefully the game will stay a little close make it a little interesting.

jdawg85
09-15-2004, 10:02 PM
Has anyone watched any of Newton's games this year? I have watched all three of Jasper's games and they have improved offensively and defensively each week. I can't wait to see what this team can do if they continue to improve.

dawgmom
09-15-2004, 10:56 PM
First of all, let me apologize to anyone who thought I was "hating on" Newton. That was not my intent. I know in the past Newton has had great teams, hopefully they do this year. I don't know. I do support Newton, as long as they are not playing Jasper. I just hope for a good, clean game Friday, preferably with no rain this year!

dawgmom
09-15-2004, 10:59 PM
Don't all these sigs look great! Especially the Jasper ones? Great job ESPN1 and anyone else who had created these. I think it looks really cool when you look at a thread and see mostly Jasper sigs! Keep it up folks!

Bulldog_12
09-16-2004, 12:18 AM
I just have one thing to say "Dont be a Pecker, be a DAWG!!!!" ha ha. j/k

spiveyrat
09-16-2004, 06:46 AM
Originally posted by j_dog
Enough already!!! :rolleyes: Correct, Newton does not back down from playing anyone. But, neither does Jasper, and has not for at least the past 20 years. When Newton was 3a and playing strong 4a teams, and Jasper was 4a, Jasper was playing strong 5a teams, including teams like Lufkin, Huntsville, and Houston Forest Brook. Now that Jasper is 3a, they are playing strong 4a teams.

So, so all this talk going back and forth is uncalled for in my opinion. Neither team is afraid of the other. No hating from me for Newton. I love to see Newton do well. :) And I think that is true of most Jasper fans. And I like to think that deep down, most Newton fans pull for Jasper when they are not playing Newton. :)

AMEN!

sphinx-1906
09-16-2004, 09:55 AM
Now that all the crap has been thrown into the pot and everyone is using a boat paddle to stir it, let me throw in my two cents. Yes the kid from Jasper who jumped the kid fron Newton last year from behind and hit the elderly woman is a chicken $#!+ little turd with a gold grill(although I think what his teeth look like is irrelevant). Yes he was a former student (although I think that is irrelevant also) but it did happen. Jasper has won the last two meetings between the two and has had some pretty impressive players. This year I think Jasper has some real speed that can be dangerous to any opponent. Yes I pulled for Jasper during their playoff runs the past two years. Yes I think it is a shame they didn't win it all. I also know that Jasper plays harder against Newton than they do against anyone else ( look at Marlon Cooks game last year, and how much did he play the rest of the year?). It will be a good one. Hopefully a great one. Jasper will still have a game next Friday win or lose and so will Newton. Yes this is a huge rivalry and personally I love it! I will be at the game rooting my butt off for the Eagles, and next Friday I will be rooting for them again. High School Football, Ya Gotta Love It.

Chris' Agent
09-16-2004, 09:55 AM
Would love to see this one...

JasperDog94
09-16-2004, 11:11 AM
Originally posted by sphinx-1906
( look at Marlon Cooks game last year, and how much did he play the rest of the year?) You do know that he was hurt the second half of the year right? In fact, he didn't see much playoff time either. That was our biggest problem when we lost to Burnet.

dawgmom
09-16-2004, 12:05 PM
That, and some questionable play calling in the fourth quarter....

sphinx-1906
09-16-2004, 12:28 PM
That was my point. With a healthy Marlon Cook Jasper was hard as hell for anybody to beat, and he carried the ball a whole heap against Newton. Jasper always brings their A game.

jdawg85
09-16-2004, 08:51 PM
Does anyone know if there are any 3a teams that can match Jasper's overall speed this year? I'm not trying to start any trouble. Someone at work was asking me today and i'm not real familiar with the other teams in 3a.

DawgFan91
09-16-2004, 10:50 PM
It's funny to me how much trash is talked between Jasper and Newton, but come playoff time, there we are pulling for the Eagles and the past couple of years I have seen numerous Newton fans among the Dawgs in the later playoff rounds.

That's a healthy rivalry I guess.

JasperDog94
09-16-2004, 11:03 PM
It works well in the playoffs if one team plays on Friday and the other on Saturday. It would be awesome if one Saturday Newton and Jasper played back to back games at the same stadium. Two for the price of one.:)

TigerShark
09-17-2004, 09:32 AM
It happened in 2001, remember.
Burkville played on Fri, and then Newton played an early Sat. game and Jasper played after.
Spend the night and watch all three.

Coachs baby grl
09-17-2004, 11:30 AM
Im goin w/ Jasper...I dont want to dig up any old demons but i have a score for newton....ANAHUAC-29.....the team which shall remain nameless-28...:inlove:

dawgmom
09-17-2004, 11:35 AM
Lets just hope that we don't get the same officials as last week. I don't think I have ever seen less knowledgeable refs! And usually, the winning team has no complaints or at least few complaints. BUT OMG!!! GOOD LUCK DAWGS! Hope to see all you DAWG fans at the pep rally today!