PDA

View Full Version : Will there be an 16-0 or 15-0 team in 3A this year?

cunbed10
07-01-2003, 08:40 AM
Due to the quality of players across the state I don't think we will have an undefeated team in any of the classifications this year.

<small>[ July 01, 2003, 01:40 PM: Message edited by: cunbed10 ]</small>

PPHSfan
07-01-2003, 10:13 AM
When you think about this question, you really need to put it in perspective.

What it really boils down to is 'will the State Champion in D1 and D2 go 10-0 in regular season?'

After all, it is the 6 in a row that you have to win to get the ring that is the hard part. I would say that there are at least ten teams that have a chance of going 10-0.

With that being said, I will name a few.

Burnet will go 15-0 if they win state.

Forney will go 15-0 if they beat Aledo, and win state

Midland Greenwood will go 16-0 if they win state.

The list goes on, but I think you know what I mean.

Phil C
07-01-2003, 11:26 AM
Everman

JasperDog94
07-01-2003, 11:46 AM
After seeing Burnet in action last year, and knowing that they've got most people coming back, they've got my vote and my respect.

3afan
07-01-2003, 11:51 AM
I can see Forney going 8-2 in the regular season and still being state champs ... losses @ Aledo & @ Commerce would not surprise me, especially since they will have such a young defense

Old Dog
07-01-2003, 12:51 PM
Burnet's pre-district schedule will be difficult to go thru unscathed (4A Austin Reagan, Killeen Shoemaker, 3A Marlin, Gatesville plus Midland Chritian).

cunbed10
07-01-2003, 01:37 PM
PPHSfan:
When you think about this question, you really need to put it in perspective.

What it really boils down to is 'will the State Champion in D1 and D2 go 10-0 in regular season?'

After all, it is the 6 in a row that you have to win to get the ring that is the hard part. I would say that there are at least ten teams that have a chance of going 10-0.

With that being said, I will name a few.

Burnet will go 15-0 if they win state.

Forney will go 15-0 if they beat Aledo, and win state

Midland Greenwood will go 16-0 if they win state.

The list goes on, but I think you know what I mean.

cunbed10
07-01-2003, 01:38 PM
cunbed10:
Due to the quality of players across the state I don't think we will have an undefeated team in none of the classifications this year.

toby070
07-01-2003, 03:06 PM
Old Dog:
Burnet's pre-district schedule will be difficult to go thru unscathed (4A Austin Reagan, Killeen Shoemaker, 3A Marlin, Gatesville plus Midland Chritian).I don't know how many kids Reagan has back, but unless they lost a lot of kids, they'll be tough...Burnet was a great team last year, but I can't help but think that Reagan took them lightly. Although Burnet is a pretty big 3A school, I'm guessing that some of the Reagan kids thought they were playing Mayberry (bad mistake!!!!)

big daddy russ
07-01-2003, 04:33 PM
Reagan lost a whole lot but they're still gonna be tough. But I think Burnet's biggest test will be against Marlin. Both teams return a whole lot of talent this year, and the team who wins that game will have as good a chance to go undefeated as anyone else in the state.

Phil C
07-01-2003, 04:49 PM
Of course and I am surprised that PPHS hasn't mentioned it :) but another way for teams to have 15 - 0 or 16 - 0 records is to not have any losses or ties during the regular season and in the playoffs. :)

Showtime33
07-01-2003, 05:07 PM
Im predicting that Crandall will upset Forney this year. :)

BigDog
07-01-2003, 06:29 PM
It will be difficult to go undefeated the entire year for 3A schools this year. There are some great non-district games out there only to prepare you for the playoffs. I'm not sure on all the other top 3A non-district schedules, but Forney has scheduled 3 big time games for non-district play. Forney opens in Aledo against a strong 4A team followed by a much improved 4A team Mesquite Horn. They also play Commerce on the road that always proves to be a hard battle. However, these games are a critical asset to the teams that schedule tough games as non-district games. You have to look beyond the regular season record in order to determine the quailty of the team that may be undefeated.

Ranger Mom
07-01-2003, 06:39 PM
Out of curiosity, does anyone know how many teams were 10-0 going into the play-offs this last football season??

Keith7
07-01-2003, 06:46 PM
Gainesville will go 15-0 if they win state

sinton66
07-01-2003, 06:59 PM
Ranger Mom:
Out of curiosity, does anyone know how many teams were 10-0 going into the play-offs this last football season??In 3A, I believe there were only six, Sinton, Greenwood, Celina, Wills Point, Newton, and Decatur. I apologize if I left any out.

<small>[ July 01, 2003, 07:00 PM: Message edited by: sinton66 ]</small>

jason
07-01-2003, 07:11 PM
Showtime33:
Im predicting that Crandall will upset Forney this year. :) In what?

spaniard
07-01-2003, 08:07 PM
sinton66:

Ranger Mom:
Out of curiosity, does anyone know how many teams were 10-0 going into the play-offs this last football season??In 3A, I believe there were only six, Sinton, Greenwood, Celina, Wills Point, Newton, and Decatur. I apologize if I left any out.burnet was also 10-0, and hopefully we will be back there this coming year also, and stay undefeated the whole season.

BULLDOGFAN
07-01-2003, 08:08 PM
I think you will have two undefeated teams next year.

Burnet 15-0

Greenwood 16-0

These two high powered and very talented teams who were so close will be so focused this year that nothing will stop them. They know the trail, they know the enemy, and they know the sweet taste of being there.

sinton66
07-01-2003, 08:13 PM
Dang, spaniard, I SHOULDA remembered you guys, we were both undefeated when we met for the R4 crown. Sorry about that. wink

Ranger Mom
07-01-2003, 08:13 PM
I think you will have two undefeated teams next year.

Burnet 15-0

Greenwood 16-0

These two high powered and very talented teams who were so close will be so focused this year that nothing will stop them. They know the trail, they know the enemy, and they know the sweet taste of being there. That would be "SO SWEET"!!!

I just observed the game and I can taste it!!
:D

<small>[ July 01, 2003, 08:16 PM: Message edited by: Ranger Mom ]</small>

BULLDOGFAN
07-01-2003, 09:32 PM
Rangermom, I watch those highlight's all the time. Every time my kid show's his ring to someone I just smile and know how lucky I am as a Dad.

You guys need to have that drive this year. We in Bandera will be rooting for you every game.

cunbed10
07-02-2003, 07:22 AM
BigDog:
It will be difficult to go undefeated the entire year for 3A schools this year. There are some great non-district games out there only to prepare you for the playoffs. I'm not sure on all the other top 3A non-district schedules, but Forney has scheduled 3 big time games for non-district play. Forney opens in Aledo against a strong 4A team followed by a much improved 4A team Mesquite Horn. They also play Commerce on the road that always proves to be a hard battle. However, these games are a critical asset to the teams that schedule tough games as non-district games. You have to look beyond the regular season record in order to determine the quailty of the team that may be undefeated.I have to agree, Marlin may not go undefeated, but as far a pre-district games go, here they are, Waco University 4A, Waco Midway 4A, and Ennis 4A, 2A Mart, and last but not least 3A Div I State Runner-up Burnet. Now if we are not ready for district and playoffs after these big tests, then they just won't be ready.

Matthew328
07-02-2003, 01:44 PM
I am willing to bet like last year there won't be any unbeaten teams left standing in 3A again this year.....I think Burnet has the best shot though..

BIG19
07-02-2003, 02:48 PM
I am not going to make any predictions (don't want to put the old hex on anyone). I am just hoping that the season will be as exciting this year as it was last year. I would not be the least bit surprised if there is another great run from a district runner-up either. Best of luck to all players this year!!

Jimbotex40
07-02-2003, 03:38 PM
you could also end the season undefeated if you went 10-0 against all easy teams, and then you could just declare yourselves not eligible for the playoffs. :p

jason
07-02-2003, 04:27 PM
Forney mignt not go 10-0 in the regular season but I bet they go 5-0 in the play-offs....