PDA

View Full Version : Biggest and Most Spirited Crowds?

Bullaholic
09-14-2004, 09:21 PM
Who do you think consistently draws the largest crowds in both home and away games in 3A? Who do you think has the "most spirited" crowd in 3A?

Gobbla2001
09-14-2004, 09:22 PM
I wish I had more hands, so I could give Cuero's crowds a big four Thumbs Up...

They're always there, most of the time loud, used to be REALLY loud...

lobo12
09-14-2004, 09:23 PM
i know greenwood had a lot of fans following them the past couple of years but i dont know if thats just cuz they were doing good or if they have always been like that. i know that our fans only follow us when we do good

lobo12
09-14-2004, 09:28 PM
i might also add that i love the guy that says "Here come them Rangers!"

TheDOCTORdre
09-14-2004, 09:33 PM
Well if this was for hoe games Sweetwater almost always has their side of the bowl packed, we do alright on out of town games to

UTFootBall#1
09-14-2004, 09:50 PM
Hands down Port Isabel and Sinton

DFHM
09-14-2004, 09:57 PM
I think Cuero. I mean come on, we have Mr. Spencer and the bleacher bums.

3afan
09-14-2004, 10:02 PM
impossible to answer .............. just a bunch of homers ;)

swampdude
09-14-2004, 10:14 PM
Sinton's crowd impressed me when we played in the semi-finals. Loud yet respectful of their opponents.

Adidas410s
09-14-2004, 10:19 PM
for West Texas I can definitely say Wylie does...and thats not a "homer" comment. We have routinely had more people there than the home team @ away games...and sometimes even when the home schools werent having that bad a season and had a chance to make the playoffs. This is just something that people from other schools have mentioned to me...especially when I think back to my sr yr (2000) when we had more people @ Birdville when we played Aledo and Everman...who are MUCH closer!

Ray_BearKat
09-14-2004, 10:20 PM
We here at Raymondville have had a great turn out given all of our home games are held 20 miles away and away games have gotten as far as 100+ miles.

HAWKS
09-14-2004, 10:20 PM
Zapata Hawks , they are being followed every where ,near or far.:D

jason
09-14-2004, 10:21 PM
i hear burnet brings about 55,000 to all their home games...

texasjeremy
09-14-2004, 10:34 PM
Palestine has drawn as many as 9,000 at Wildcat Stadium.

pavilion
09-14-2004, 10:43 PM
if it were possible the cuero fans could fill up the home side and away side but cuero fans dont like sitting over there for some reason

DFHM
09-14-2004, 10:45 PM
They don't like sitting over there because that is the loser side of Gobbler Stadium.

big daddy russ
09-14-2004, 10:47 PM
It's only once a year, but the Ingleside-Aransas Pass game has drawn an average of just under 9,000 during the past 15 years or so. Attendance was a little low in 2002 and 2003 (5-6K) because Ingleside sucked and AP didn't, but it should be back up in the 9,000 area again this year.

As far as their following, Sinton, Gregory-Portland, Rockport-Fulton, Alice and Calallen are the best in the Coastal Bend. Notice that all the teams with the best followings are the teams with the best programs.

footballgal
09-14-2004, 10:55 PM
Hands down, it would have to be RGV HS Football fans in general, but in particular, the Tarpon faithful.:D

Chris Hart
09-14-2004, 10:58 PM
Originally posted by jason
i hear burnet brings about 55,000 to all their home games... I could've sworn that number was higher in years past, maybe now that our team is gone to college:rolleyes: , we have lost a few fair weather fans.:) :D :p

RiverRatDad
09-14-2004, 11:11 PM
In the past I would have said Burnet, because they brought about a bazillion, but they are now gone. Cuero brought a great crowd to our playoff game last year, and they are not only loud but also smart enough to know when to make noise. The Gobblers get my vote.

exbccards76'smom
09-15-2004, 05:47 AM
Originally posted by swampdude
Sinton's crowd impressed me when we played in the semi-finals. Loud yet respectful of their opponents.

Me, too. Sinton Fans have lots of spirit, and and great people to know!!!

Underwater Basketweaver
09-15-2004, 06:54 AM
Decatur always seems to have a good crowd. Most of the time, even on a road game we outnumber the opposing teams fans. We all love our own fans because we know them. If you don't love your fans it's probably because you haven't won much, and you think they are fair weather fans. I don't think one should complain about fans not supporting a losing team. Everybody likes a winner.

cunbed10
09-15-2004, 07:51 AM
Originally posted by UTFootBall#1
Hands down Port Isabel and Sinton PI has this hands downs.

3afan
09-15-2004, 08:00 AM
bunch of homers !!! :D :nerd: :D

vet93
09-15-2004, 09:10 AM
Wylie does provide very good support to their team....I think that Adidias would also probably give props to my ballinger bearcats who seem to have a very strong following for the size of town that we have.

Originally posted by Adidas410s
for West Texas I can definitely say Wylie does...and thats not a "homer" comment. We have routinely had more people there than the home team @ away games...and sometimes even when the home schools werent having that bad a season and had a chance to make the playoffs. This is just something that people from other schools have mentioned to me...especially when I think back to my sr yr (2000) when we had more people @ Birdville when we played Aledo and Everman...who are MUCH closer!

mikecheck
09-15-2004, 10:40 AM
How can Burnet have so many in attendance when the city limit population sign says about 5k???? (jk Great Town!!!!)

c-town_balla
09-15-2004, 08:27 PM
Cameron used to not everybody comes out this year and last...........too many fair weather fans

slpybear the bullfan
09-15-2004, 08:30 PM
The Bridgeport Bulls have a certain Sleepy Bear that waves a big Bull Flag week in and week out...

(much to the embarassment of Mrs. Momma Bear)... ;)

Adidas410s
09-15-2004, 08:41 PM
Originally posted by vet93
Wylie does provide very good support to their team....I think that Adidias would also probably give props to my ballinger bearcats who seem to have a very strong following for the size of town that we have.

Well since you pushed me I guess I can say that yeah Ballinger has a good crowd...the numbers arent great but that is definitely attributed to school size.

Now one program that REALLY has a good crowd is Celina. I followed them their last year in 2A for the last 3 games and the crowds were AMAZING. Especially the last 2 in S-Ville and Waco vs Sonora and Garrison respectively...it seemed like EVERY kid that had graduated from Celina in the last 5 years all met at the game before they went home for Christmas Break. That and I am sure there were a lot of neutral "supporters" there! (like myself)

theyoefnshow
09-15-2004, 10:42 PM
c town....are you saying we don't have a hype group of fans? Come on now, this is the same group of people that FIRED Todd "I think I'm God" Dodge in DECEMBER after he gave Cameron two losing seasons. (albeit one was 6-4 but that's unacceptable and is considered losing) I didn't make the Fairfield game because it was kinda far and I had to work a little late but I"ve been to the other two and the fans are wild and spirited as ever. I think the Manor game is going to have a HUGE turn out especially IF Manor beats LH this week.

Keith7
09-15-2004, 10:52 PM
Celina does have a great crowd.. its amazing how a town of 2000 can bring 4000 to a game

SintonFan
09-16-2004, 12:53 AM
The best crowds I have seen and/or heard are Bridge City, Burnet, Bellville, Cuero, Hondo, Everman, G-P, Calallen, Mathis, Bandera and Port Isabel.(To name a few)
All crowds were very vocal and organized. Being organized means having a chant or being lead by the cheerleaders for cheers with most participating.
The last few years has been fun to sit in another teams(not my Sinton Pirates) and joining in on the chants, cheers and sometimes jeers. It has really opened my eyes on how each town root's for their own teams.:cool: :cool: :cool:
I love 3A football!

3afan
09-16-2004, 06:06 AM
Originally posted by mikecheck
How can Burnet have so many in attendance when the city limit population sign says about 5k???? (jk Great Town!!!!)

lets not go there ........................

mikecheck
09-16-2004, 08:38 AM
Let's.

Ranger Mom
09-16-2004, 08:44 AM
From what I have seen so far this season....Greenwood has "fair weather" fans!

I have to admit being completely shocked at the number of Abilene Wylie fans that were at the Greenwood/Abilene Wylie game!

DOGFAN
09-16-2004, 09:38 AM
I don't know if I've ever seen a Wylie opponent bring more fans in the playoffs than Wylie does.

3afan
09-16-2004, 10:06 AM
Originally posted by 3afan
lets not go there ........................

FYI for you rookies, there's a loooooong history about this, hence my comment .....

jason
09-16-2004, 10:09 AM
FYI for you rookies, there's a loooooong history about this, hence my comment ..... hehe, thats putting it mildly...

mustang04
09-16-2004, 11:03 AM
swetwater...sweetwater....sweetwater thats all i can say

last year when we were playin in vernon for our first game of the season, there were really bad storms and rain, while waiting in the locker room, me and some of my buddies went to see if the weather was clearin up so we could play, as soon as we stepped outside, there was lightnight and u could still see a group of our (sweetwater) fans huddled together in the stands

we always fill up our side of the bowl in the home games

mustang04
09-16-2004, 11:04 AM
^lightning...my bad

Bandera YaYa
09-16-2004, 11:07 AM
i hear burnet brings about 55,000 to all their home games... Nah....actually, I believe they reported it was closer to 75,000 ............. :rolleyes:

BullFrog Dad
09-16-2004, 12:08 PM
Originally posted by Adidas410s
for West Texas I can definitely say Wylie does...and thats not a "homer" comment. We have routinely had more people there than the home team @ away games...and sometimes even when the home schools werent having that bad a season and had a chance to make the playoffs. This is just something that people from other schools have mentioned to me...especially when I think back to my sr yr (2000) when we had more people @ Birdville when we played Aledo and Everman...who are MUCH closer! Ya'll outdrew Aledo at a play-off game! Not impossible but I would've had to been there to believe it!

mikecheck
09-16-2004, 04:03 PM
FYI for you rookies, there's a loooooong history about this, hence my comment .....

I hear where you are coming from, hence the (jk, great town).
From the rookie.

TheDOCTORdre
09-16-2004, 04:59 PM
Originally posted by mustang04
swetwater...sweetwater....sweetwater thats all i can say

last year when we were playin in vernon for our first game of the season, there were really bad storms and rain, while waiting in the locker room, me and some of my buddies went to see if the weather was clearin up so we could play, as soon as we stepped outside, there was lightnight and u could still see a group of our (sweetwater) fans huddled together in the stands

we always fill up our side of the bowl in the home games

how old r u and u still have nightlight on ur mind

Old Cardinal
09-16-2004, 08:45 PM
Three teams come to mind---Orangefield has a great following for the size of the town. When they played LaGrange last year they had a large attendence. They always have good sportsmanship.
Sinton brings a big friendly crowd with them. They are real troopers.....Barbers Hill has a good following of sportsmanship minded good fans.
The Bridge City Cardinals have been blessed for years by a large following win or lose and for the most part we have nice fans,

snakebite
09-16-2004, 08:53 PM
The Navasota and Bellville game brought so many fans to Brule Field last year. Navasota had to put up more stands, so they basically had a horshoe around the field. It was really cool and neat lookin. Navasota still draws a big crowd, at home and on the road. The stands at Gatesville were pretty well packed. Cant wait to see how they will look like when Navasota plays Texas Eylau-Liberty in Tyler

kiwi_rae12
09-16-2004, 10:09 PM
Dang, from what i've read the Burnet crowd is amazing! How can any football team get that much of a crowd. I guess i'm just used to our games, and since we've had two slow seasons, our crowd is about 100-200. (that's just my estimation)

jason
09-16-2004, 10:12 PM
Originally posted by kiwi_rae12
Dang, from what i've read the Burnet crowd is amazing! How can any football team get that much of a crowd. I guess i'm just used to our games, and since we've had two slow seasons, our crowd is about 100-200. (that's just my estimation) burnets crowd is average...

big daddy russ
09-16-2004, 10:27 PM
Not 3A, but Robstown (4A) has almost zero turnout. They only care about baseball over there... they tailgate for their baseball home games and you have to buy tickets to their games against Calallen a week in advance. Meanwhile, their football team is lucky to draw 100.

NHSRattler60
09-17-2004, 09:02 AM
Navasota: Huge crowd, full stands....only problem, you can't get them to cheer when you need them to. Fans are vital, and ours don't seem to want to cooperate they just sit there and watch. The louder ytou cheer when the other team has the ball, the less likely they are to hear the snap count.

Hupernikomen
09-17-2004, 09:07 AM
i hear burnet brings about 55,000 to all their home games...

Their crowd was the biggest I had ever seen at a 3A football game. But I think it was only 48,000.

cjeffsjeep
09-17-2004, 10:06 AM
Originally posted by Hupernikomen
Their crowd was the biggest I had ever seen at a 3A football game. But I think it was only 48,000.

is this a home game at there house ?non-playoff game

tmac
09-17-2004, 10:52 AM
decatur is full every week no matter who the opponet

renegade*dawg
09-17-2004, 04:10 PM
Watched burnet compete in the state playoffs last year.
Awesome crowd.