PDA

View Full Version : Bridge City vs LC-M hoping for a 3-0 record when they meet #1 Jasper the next week

Old Cardinal
09-14-2004, 07:54 PM
Once again Bridge City takes of a higher enrollment 4A in LC-M. LC-M has 440 more students than BC. LC-M returns 6 on offense and 8 on defense. They are lead by OB Donald Tardy who has started for 20 straight games and is now a seasoned Senior. Tardy is much bigger this year a 6' 3" and 210 pounds. The bears went 5-5 last season. They run from a multiple I-- and set a stunting 4-3 defense. Timothy Long is their best back. Look for a good game with outstanding sportsmanship.

Cat22
09-14-2004, 08:23 PM
Hey OC Tardy has not played QB this year. I think he got hurt in a scrimmage and has been playing some safety. Their QB is Gomez and I heard that when Tardy comes back full time they will leave Gomez at QB and Tardy will play safety. Gomez has played well, not sure of his stats. Look out for WR #19 he can be explosive.

Backwoods
09-14-2004, 08:27 PM
Where is Jasper #1???:confused:

kepdawg
09-14-2004, 08:48 PM
Originally posted by Backwoods
Where is Jasper #1???:confused:

Maybe OC's predicting a loss for Manor and Cuero this week?

JasperDog94
09-14-2004, 08:50 PM
Originally posted by Backwoods
Where is Jasper #1???:confused: Assuming that the curse on #1 continues.:eek: :)

Keith7
09-14-2004, 08:51 PM
Originally posted by Old Cardinal
Once again Bridge City takes of a higher enrollment 4A in LC-M. LC-M has 440 more students than BC. LC-M returns 6 on offense and 8 on defense. They are lead by OB Donald Tardy who has started for 20 straight games and is now a seasoned Senior. Tardy is much bigger this year a 6' 3" and 210 pounds. The bears went 5-5 last season. They run from a multiple I-- and set a stunting 4-3 defense. Timothy Long is their best back. Look for a good game with outstanding sportsmanship. bridge city stinks.. go post this on the 4A forum

JasperDog94
09-14-2004, 09:01 PM
Originally posted by Keith7
bridge city stinks.. go post this on the 4A forum stir, stir, stir:evil: :evil: :evillaugh :evillaugh

exbccards76'smom
09-15-2004, 05:50 AM
Originally posted by JasperDog94
stir, stir, stir:evil: :evil: :evillaugh :evillaugh

You got that right!!! :mad: :mad: :mad:

WOS92
09-15-2004, 05:52 AM
This from a guy whose team gave up almost 60!

RBARKER
09-15-2004, 07:50 AM
Good luck to the Cards, Looks like BC is on track.

PPHSfan
09-15-2004, 07:55 AM
I don't see the big deal about LC-M having 440 more students. There are a lot of schools in 3A that play 3A teams with that kind of spread. And I would think a 3a school with 425 students taking on a 3a school with 890, would be tougher than a 3a school with 880 taking on a 4a school with 1320.

3afan
09-15-2004, 07:57 AM
WHAT? I agree with PP? Oh my ...................... ;)

ej2525
09-15-2004, 08:17 AM
Originally posted by Keith7
bridge city stinks.. go post this on the 4A forum

Why don't you do a lot of us a favor and you go visit the 4A forum...... and stay there!!

Hupernikomen
09-15-2004, 08:52 AM
ouch.

BlueBlood
09-15-2004, 09:05 AM
I will go with BC to beat up on LCM by at least 3 TD's. Several of the Beaumont area 4A's are weak and LCM is one of them.

3rdone
09-15-2004, 09:14 AM
Originally posted by BlueBlood
I will go with BC to beat up on LCM by at least 3 TD's. Several of the Beaumont area 4A's are weak and LCM is one of them.

several...ok...go............just kidding Vidor, LCM, maybe Central

Old Cardinal
09-15-2004, 09:48 AM
To Cat 22: Thank you for the correction on Donald Tardy not playing QB against BC or Orangefield. I knew that Tardy had started 20 games as a Sophomore and Junior at QB. I had heard that he was coming back to QB against OF and/or BC after recovering from the preseason scrimmage injury.
If you are correct then Raul Gomez will be QB-ing against BC this Friday night. Gomez must be pretty good to beat out a veteran Senior at QB. They may be sandbagging Tardy till District play to make sure he is totally well.
LC-M is not all that bad-- going 5-5 against a fair schedule last year. This year they have lost to two fair teams Houston Kashmere and Pleasant Grove. They beat an OF team that is a district contender and a two-round playoff team last season.
BC is at 750 and LC-M is at 1190 enrollment, it does make a difference when you have approx. 220 more boys to choose from.
I am hearing that BC will be without the services at QB Broc Haymon because of an injury. Broc was a standout Select team pitcher recently of a baseball team that won the National Championship. He can rifle a football as well as he throws a baseball. With Sophomore Johnny Dishon being backed up by junior Jadon Ellender the Cardinals QB spot is in good hands.

To Kieth 07: It's looked like for a while you were going to mature some.

Old Cardinal
09-15-2004, 01:26 PM
Cat 22 or any other Orangefield posters--Can you give us some strong points/weak points dialoque on LC-M?

duckbutter
09-15-2004, 01:32 PM
BC should beat a terrible LCM by 21+.

PPHSfan
09-15-2004, 02:02 PM
So how do you explain losing to teams like Newton when you clearly have 200+ more boys to choose from in Bridge City? Or is this one of your attempts to soften us up before a loss again? Are you making your excuses for losing in advance?:D Or better yet, are you wanting us to believe you dominated a monster if you win?

Old Cardinal
09-15-2004, 02:10 PM
To Duckbutter: I have always valued your opinion. Boy, I hope you are right this time too. I have tried to analyze this BC team; they are mostly Juniors but seem to be a little ahead of schedule for this time of year. My only opinion would be that so many of them had to play up as Sophomores last year; while BC did not even make the playoffs. They had been big winners in Jr Hi and 9th grade and somehow are playing with "blood-in-their-eye" because they don't ever want to play on a losing team again. I will say this, if LC-M wins it will be after quite a battle royale! When they really manhandled that Liberty offensive line several games ago, I figured they were here to play ball this season.

Old Cardinal
09-15-2004, 02:20 PM
To PPHead: Newton has a great program they will play anyone-- including Jasper and WO-S the next few weeks. Yes we already scrimmaged Newton this year, if you want to find out your weakness early, Newton is a great place to play. Yes PPHead, there are always exceptions and Newton continues to be a low enrollment football phenomenon.
You seem to have gotten quite bitter after proclaiming Pilot Point would dominate all 3A football several years ago. Sorry they have lost some games through the years; you seem to have staked your big EGO on that teams fortunes-- vicariously.

ALLSPORTSGUY
09-15-2004, 02:21 PM
PPHSfan, You have got to be the most negative antagonizing poster on this board. Why don't you bring something enjoyable to the table instead of just trying to be witty about everything. Have you ever saw the Sienfeld show where George would say something at the meetings and everyone would laugh, but then he would try and be funny again and nobody laughed? Well that is the way you are. I have enjoyed your humor and witt but it seems as of late its just too much. Just some advice know when to leave the room on a good note.

PPHSfan
09-15-2004, 02:25 PM
Originally posted by ALLSPORTSGUY
PPHSfan, You have got to be the most negative antagonizing poster on this board. Why don't you bring something enjoyable to the table instead of just trying to be witty about everything. Have you ever saw the Sienfeld show where George would say something at the meetings and everyone would laugh, but then he would try and be funny again and nobody laughed? Well that is the way you are. I have enjoyed your humor and witt but it seems as of late its just too much. Just some advice know when to leave the room on a good note.

You obviously have not been here long enough to know the Old Card and I have had this debate about ADM going for two years now. But thanks for chiming in like you know something.

Cat22
09-15-2004, 02:25 PM
OC, as far as LCM watch out for WR #19 (I think, could be 18), but he has some speed and does not mind going across the middle. Put two guys on him and you will be ok. Gomez is good, but he likes to go to #19. Shut him down and they will not be able to move the ball. They did not have much success running the ball against OF. On defense look out for the End #53. He is a stud. Tardy in the secondary is not afraid to hit either. They have some big boys (compared to OF anyway), but OF hung with them and could have pulled off the win, but mistakes and fumbles killed us.
With that said I think BC should win by two TD's, but you never know when these two teams meet up. Good Luck!

PPHSfan
09-15-2004, 02:27 PM
Funny I don't remember claiming domination at all. I do remember how you told me how much better the Cardinals were than the little ole bearcats though. Just curious, where is BC ranked this year?:)

PPHSfan
09-15-2004, 02:29 PM
By the way, you still have not told us why you brought up enrollment. Is it to soften the loss, or to claim domination over the monster?:D

Thanks,

PPHEAD

Old Cardinal
09-15-2004, 02:35 PM
Thanks Cat 22, I will enjoy the game better knowing a little about their ploys. I am starting to feel sorry for PPHead, I think he may need a laxative and could maybe feel better in the morning:eyetwitch

PPHSfan
09-15-2004, 02:40 PM
You crack me up.

You skate around my questions like an olympic champion though.

JasperDog94
09-15-2004, 02:49 PM
Originally posted by PPHSfan
You obviously have not been here long enough to know the Old Card and I have had this debate about ADM going for two years now. But thanks for chiming in like you know something. It's not just with OC. I think you've rubbed several people the wrong way lately. I too used to enjoy some of your remarks. But lately you're just acting so childish about your avatar and trying to provoke people. You want to talk football, talk football. But stop with the incessant badgering.

PPHSfan
09-15-2004, 02:52 PM
Originally posted by JasperDog94
It's not just with OC. I think you've rubbed several people the wrong way lately. I too used to enjoy some of your remarks. But lately you're just acting so childish about your avatar and trying to provoke people. You want to talk football, talk football. But stop with the incessant badgering.

Are you scolding me?:)

It sounds to me like you are scolding me.:p

I'm not sure, but I think you were just scolding me.:eek:

If I wan't your opinion, I will have a Newton fan beat it out of you.:D

ej2525
09-15-2004, 04:32 PM
Originally posted by PPHSfan
Are you scolding me?:)

It sounds to me like you are scolding me.:p

I'm not sure, but I think you were just scolding me.:eek:

If I wan't your opinion, I will have a Newton fan beat it out of you.:D

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: