PDA

View Full Version : Does McGee keep his redshirt

AggieJohn
09-14-2004, 04:18 PM
Fran has come out and said once in a press conference that he didn't forsee stephen keeping it.....never the less they are 2 games in and he still has it

big daddy russ
09-14-2004, 04:22 PM
If Fran's smart, he'll keep the redshirt on McGee. Let him have a year of tutelage before lining him up against the big boys.

eagle.eyes
09-14-2004, 04:35 PM
I agree big daddy. I would hate to see Mcgee get hurt behind a young line in another down year.

AggieJohn
09-15-2004, 12:49 AM
Fran get's himself a gem if he keeps the redshirt...can u imagine how many years of good football A&M could have from him if they don't burn his redshirt..i say redshirt him

g$$
09-15-2004, 04:11 AM
I hope he does redshirt, but I bet he ends up playing some. I would like for him to have 4 solid years in front of him because he is our future. I do know for a fact that Fran is very high on him & thinks he is a leader, something sorely lacking now.

BIG19
09-15-2004, 04:15 AM
I hope he is able to keep it, but only time will tell. He is a great leader and given some extra time with the big boys, be will be that much better. I look for him to make a great impact when he finally does play. Just hope it is later than sooner.

g$$
09-15-2004, 05:49 AM
Agreed, well said. Franks is the only true fish to play so far & I like that a lot. McGee, Morrisey, Obizor, etc. will mature & be the players we need them to be. Why burn shirts when the team is going to struggle? I prefer to look to the future & work them in slowly rather throwing young kids to the wolves.

olddawggreen
09-15-2004, 09:03 AM
I think at this point McGee would probably perfere to keep his red shirt this year. But as always, he will do what ever hes coach asks him to do and what ever is best for the team.

Junkyard
09-15-2004, 09:48 AM
If Fran decides that he wants some consistancy at the QB position he will start playing McGee. But for the long run he needs to keep his red shirt.

I am telling you that kid is tough and a winner, the first game against Jasper he finished the game with only one leg working and we still couldnt get much pressure on him.

Old green how is Shipley doing I heard he tore his knee up.

FbCoachB40
09-15-2004, 09:54 AM
i would love to see him Red Shirt, but don't count on it. Fran cannot think to far in the future if he wants to stay at TAMU. He needs to win next year. He might think that his chances are better with a QB that has already been in the fire. If he plays McGee this year, they should be firing on all cylinders next year. However, I hope for the sake of McGee that he redshirts

olddawggreen
09-15-2004, 10:18 AM
Originally posted by Junkyard
If Fran decides that he wants some consistancy at the QB position he will start playing McGee. But for the long run he needs to keep his red shirt.

I am telling you that kid is tough and a winner, the first game against Jasper he finished the game with only one leg working and we still couldnt get much pressure on him.

Old green how is Shipley doing I heard he tore his knee up.

You heard right, Shipley is out for the season, but according to him he will use it to his benifit to come back next year stronger and better than ever. I believe him.
:D

Junkyard
09-15-2004, 10:22 AM
Originally posted by olddawggreen
You heard right, Shipley is out for the season, but according to him he will use it to his benifit to come back next year stronger and better than ever. I believe him.
:D

No doubt he was a tough kid also and great athlete.

Johnny Moxen
09-15-2004, 11:04 AM
Probably the worst decision (regarding football) that MCGee has made was choosing A&M instead of the Longhorns. He'll get plenty of time soon but don't think he has enough talent around him that will allow him and/or the team to achieve.