PDA

View Full Version : Sweetwater dominates Graham 28-7

VWG
09-05-2003, 09:58 PM
Sweetwater scores two second half TD's, one on a 4th and 8 TD pass and another fumble return for a TD to win.
Sweetwater played well, Graham was again plagued by fumbles and penalties. Sweetwater dominated on defense as they shut down the veer attack of the Steers. I liked the mix up on offense for the Mustangs. Coach Jackson had success at 2A Olney and is carrying it over to Sweetwater. He runs some out of the wishbone, some from the I, and then will spread it out to a shotgun formation. Nice, very nice.. unlike the live by the veer die by the veer Steer offense.

wildstangs
09-05-2003, 10:38 PM
I just got in from Sweetwater. Great game by the Mustangs. Graham got in trouble very early by three or four penalties. A couple of plays later they fumbled in the endzone. Sweetwaters defense later returned a Steer fumble for a TD. Great defensive showing by the Mustangs. They were all over the Graham QB tonight.

Z motion 10 out on 2
09-06-2003, 12:48 AM
I have heard a lot about the Graham linebackers how did they do? The score really suprised me I thought it would be a closer game. You must realize that Sweetwater was fired up for this one after missing out on the first game because of the weather. Congrats to Sweetwater~

Green Ranger
09-06-2003, 09:44 AM
Nice win, this week should be interesting getting ready for Fridays game. Just curious, how long is your home win streak?

wildstangs
09-06-2003, 11:42 AM
Green Ranger:
Nice win, this week should be interesting getting ready for Fridays game. Just curious, how long is your home win streak?Somehere around 9 or so I believe?

Ranger Mom
09-06-2003, 11:46 AM
Am I correct in assuming Sweetwater hasn't been beaten in their "New and Improved Mustang Bowl" as of yet??

wildstangs
09-06-2003, 01:42 PM
Ranger Mom:
Am I correct in assuming Sweetwater hasn't been beaten in their "New and Improved Mustang Bowl" as of yet??Correct..Sweetwater is 6-0 in the Mustang Bowl with turf. I am currently trying to figure out when the last loss came and how many games they won after that. I know it was to Wylie in 2001. I cant remember if there were two or three games after that. They knocked off Graham in the playoffs that year in the Bowl.

wildstangs
09-06-2003, 02:09 PM
Off the top of my head, I get 8 wins in a row at home. Sweetwater lost to Wylie in Week 8 then won against Early in Week 10 and knocked off Graham in the first round of the playoffs at home. Went 5-0 in 2002 at home. I am pretty sure its 8 in a row.