PDA

View Full Version : gainesville

3rdone
09-14-2004, 01:14 PM
you gave up over 50pts!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Still think they should be # 1??????????

Ranger Mom
09-14-2004, 01:15 PM
Originally posted by 3rdone

There is about 47 threads addressing that very topic already!!:rolleyes:

kaorder1999
09-14-2004, 01:18 PM
get it right....48 now

3rdone
09-14-2004, 01:38 PM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
There is about 47 threads addressing that very topic already!!:rolleyes:

Point me to them

PPHSfan
09-14-2004, 01:40 PM
I am thinking

3rdone is a play on the name meaning this is the 3rd one I am getting rommed.:D

HighSchool Fan
09-14-2004, 01:55 PM

Gainesville fans know that Gainesville shouldn't be #1. They also know that WOS shouldn't be #1. What does it prove to #1 just a couple of weeks into the season?

Bulldog_12
09-14-2004, 01:58 PM
Very true, all that matters is being #1 at the end of week 15.

PPHSfan
09-14-2004, 01:59 PM
The fun part after week 15 is arguing who is number 2:D

Junkyard
09-14-2004, 01:59 PM
or week 16:D

handNthedirt
09-14-2004, 02:02 PM
Gainesville's true test will be against the mighty Whitesboro Bearkats!!!

3rdone
09-14-2004, 02:02 PM
Originally posted by HighSchool Fan
Gainesville fans know that Gainesville shouldn't be #1. They also know that WOS shouldn't be #1. What does it prove to #1 just a couple of weeks into the season?

WHY? Because they lost to Bay City 4A #1? Or that they lost to Jasper in wk 0 in a sloppy turnover plagued game with all new defensive coaching staff with new schemes? If that is your argument then I guess so.:rolleyes:

PPHSfan
09-14-2004, 02:03 PM
No team is worthy of the number one ranking with a 1-2 record, no matter who they played.

kaorder1999
09-14-2004, 02:05 PM
Originally posted by PPHSfan
No team is worthy of the number one ranking with a 1-2 record, no matter who they played.

i agree.....

3rdone
09-14-2004, 02:06 PM

Are you kidding me? if 2a Newton went out and got beat by Houston Katy and Coverse Judson and Newton was ranked #1 in 2A, you think they should fall to #5 because of those losses...get a clue

KTJ
09-14-2004, 02:06 PM
I think if you ask any Gainesville fan, they don't want to be #1 right now. It's very respectable, though, for others to say you should be #1 and put you in that spot. And Gainesville thanks those people for saying that.

But not being #1 right now will be just fine for the Leopards. They don't have to live up to anyone's expectations anymore. And they'll be fine come playoff time.

Once again, congrats to Decatur. And to Sinton for cracking the top 10.

PPHSfan
09-14-2004, 02:07 PM
Are you kidding me? if 2a Newton went out and got beat by Houston Katy and Coverse Judson and Newton was ranked #1 in 2A, you think they should fall to #5 because of those losses...get a clue

I don't think Newton is worthy of a number one ranking in 2A if they were 3-0 right now.

Next Question.

3rdone
09-14-2004, 02:12 PM

That is the problem with this board. People look at the win loss record and don't see past that. Because a team is 1-2 doesn't mean that there are 6 other teams that should be ranked higher because they went out and won their games against far less competition

kaorder1999
09-14-2004, 02:13 PM

yeah they should be moved down in the rankings becaue the coach was stupid enough to schedule those games

PPHSfan
09-14-2004, 02:13 PM
Oh 3rdone,

Did I fail to mention that nobody cares what you think?:D

3rdone
09-14-2004, 02:27 PM
Oh 3rdone,

Did I fail to mention that nobody cares what you think?:D

but everbody cares what your hillbille @$#@ thinks?

3rdone
09-14-2004, 02:28 PM
WEST ORANGE STARK WILL WIN IT ALL ANYWAY...END OF DISCUSSION

PPHSfan
09-14-2004, 02:30 PM
but everbody cares what your hillbille @$#@ thinks?

Well I am sorry that you can't be like me. Life is full of shortcomings. You just don't possess the grey matter.

Ranger Mom
09-14-2004, 02:41 PM

Aren't you the same 3rdone that also said, (and I quote) "there's no way that any 3A team can hang with WO-S, you just wait and see..."

I just don't know what to believe now!!
:p :p

3afan
09-14-2004, 02:48 PM

Houston Katy ??? yeah he knows his HS football :cool:

3rdone
09-14-2004, 03:20 PM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
Aren't you the same 3rdone that also said, (and I quote) "there's no way that any 3A team can hang with WO-S, you just wait and see..."

I just don't know what to believe now!!
:p :p

yeah I still stand by it to... Jasper got WOS in wk 0 with a completly different defensive stategy in a turnover plagued game. WOW way to go Jasper. I also throw in the fact that this is rivalry game as well...all records out the window. The gap between the top 3 in 3A and the rest of league is more apparent than 4A and 5A, you have got to know that guys...come on

Keith7
09-14-2004, 04:17 PM

oh no another cocky WOS fan.. how many are there???

nobody said Gainesville was number 1.. but WO-S definently isnt number 1.. the top two teams in state are Jasper and Decatur right now, If you lose to another 3A team, then you cannot be the top team in 3A, its just common sense..

Keith7
09-14-2004, 04:27 PM
yeah I still stand by it to... Jasper got WOS in wk 0 with a completly different defensive stategy in a turnover plagued game. WOW way to go Jasper. I also throw in the fact that this is rivalry game as well...all records out the window. The gap between the top 3 in 3A and the rest of league is more apparent than 4A and 5A, you have got to know that guys...come on

i've noticed that you really lack common sense i

turnovers are a part of the game, if you cannot keep the ball, then you are not a good team, again common sense...

and if you meet jasper again in the playoffs, is that not still a rivalry game and the "records will be out the window" and jasper will win again???

Ranger Mom
09-14-2004, 05:37 PM

I have NOTHING against WOS....but I gotta stand by what you originally said. "there's no NO WAY that ANY 3A team can hang with WO-S, you just wait and see"

I waited and I saw 3-A Jasper beat yall Week Zero....'nuff said!!

jason
09-14-2004, 05:41 PM
The fun part after week 15 is arguing who is number 2:D well duh, everybody knows thats forneys spot every year...

WOS1
09-14-2004, 05:51 PM
Originally posted by Keith7
oh no another cocky WOS fan.. how many are there???

nobody said Gainesville was number 1.. but WO-S definently isnt number 1.. the top two teams in state are Jasper and Decatur right now, If you lose to another 3A team, then you cannot be the top team in 3A, its just common sense..

There's not that many, I can remember 1 in particular and he is no longer with us... hopefully, this guys will manage to find his way to that same humble abode as well.

As for resonable WO-S fans, we do not feel we deserve, nor do we want any part of being #1.