PDA

View Full Version : What do you think about the new HS reallignment?

onfirebball05mustang
02-02-2004, 09:53 AM
Pleased? Displeased? Let everyone know here, through voting or statement! :p

spiveyrat
02-02-2004, 09:56 AM
Ummm... That data isn't available yet, is it?

Ranger Mom
02-02-2004, 09:58 AM
I think he just got that in place for when the realignment does come down!!

onfirebball05mustang
02-02-2004, 10:03 AM
Definitely Ranger Mom (she...lol)

WoodvilleFan
02-02-2004, 11:02 AM
Happy with our district. Unhappy that our school is losing kids and fell to AA.

Cat22
02-02-2004, 11:07 AM
WoodvilleFan:
Happy with our district. Unhappy that our school is losing kids and fell to AA.Hey WoodvilleFan, any word on a coach yet?

JasperDog94
02-02-2004, 11:30 AM
What school(s) are using suspensions to change enrollment numbers?

JasperDog94
02-02-2004, 11:31 AM
What school(s) are using suspensions to change enrollment numbers?

LH Panther Mom
02-02-2004, 11:32 AM
I would've voted if Question 1 had contained "doesn't matter one way or the other" as a response. We did have a similar district the 2000 & 2001 seasons (included Brady, excluded Bandera), so we're familiar with all. I do feel for Bandera, Ingram & Brady for the drives north and south. At least we are sort of in the middle. Maybe "what were they thinking" would have been an appropriate response, but I know the UIL wants to keep this district west of I-35. Looks like we will be rivaling some West Texas districts for distance. I guess we are trading one set of Bulldogs for another. The hardest part will be remembering our new district number.

therealbulldogs
02-02-2004, 11:46 AM
I was hoping that Bandera would move back into either district 28 or 29. The athletic program is in a slump right now and it would be good for the kids to put them in a district where they could win some games.

JustAFan
02-02-2004, 11:46 AM
Change numbers through suspensions? If a student is suspended, they are still enrolled, just not in attendance. Numbers are based on enrollment, not attendance. The only things that would change enrollment numbers are if students are withdrawn or expelled (which requires a withdrawal).

WoodvilleFan
02-02-2004, 11:58 AM
Cat22:

WoodvilleFan:
Happy with our district. Unhappy that our school is losing kids and fell to AA.Hey WoodvilleFan, any word on a coach yet?Admin told me the school had recieved 75 applications for the job thru Friday Jan, 31. Rumored cutoff date was Feb 6 but HS principal who is reviewing apps told me that they had already cut to 15. Who knows? No firm date to announce new coach yet. One applicant being pushed by local $$ is from one A Burton. Has Super Bowl ring. With our new district playoff/success prospects improved greatly.

TarponFanInNorthTexas
02-02-2004, 12:20 PM
No change in District 32, which is a little surprise. I was positive that they would put Raymondville and Lyford into District 31, instead of CC West Oso into District 31.

Also, what's with Altair Rice in District 20???? What gives there???

poncho
02-02-2004, 01:43 PM
Well if we have to go to 4A, most of the teams seem to make good sense. Several used to be in our district several years ago. :)

<small>[ February 03, 2004, 06:56 AM: Message edited by: poncho ]</small>

underware
02-02-2004, 02:21 PM
I'm really disappointed in everything. There was so much hype about it all. Well? Dist. 26 is no different. The usual. Cuero, Gonzales, Yoakum, Hallettsville, Luling and newbie Edna. Goliad left for Dist. 30.

/* Yaaawwwnn....someone wake me when this is over. *

dwhite_eaglesfan
02-02-2004, 09:43 PM
Hello everyone. I'm back,my computer has been down for a couple of months. I like our new district(Fairfield,Grosebeck,Mexia,Madisonville&Marlin) Just glancing over the list of realignments,looks like some tough teams coming down and some tough teams going up.

Old Tiger
02-02-2004, 09:53 PM
onfirebball05mustang:
Definitely Ranger Mom (she...lol)yalls team is going to be a bunch of juniors next year right?

rholl
02-02-2004, 11:03 PM
Well I guess Everman moves up to 4A...but the district looks really fun Everman, Crowley, Manfield Timberview, Midolothian, and Waxahachie. Won't be a cakewalk to make playoffs anymore!!!!

crzyjournalist03
02-02-2004, 11:09 PM
I like Forney's new district...it should be competitive, but not impossible to win in...I think it will end up being a good change for Forney.

toby070
02-02-2004, 11:21 PM
therealbulldogs:
I was hoping that Bandera would move back into either district 28 or 29. The athletic program is in a slump right now and it would be good for the kids to put them in a district where they could win some games.therealbulldogs, you are one season removed from a state championship, that's a slump a lot of folks wish they could claim. No disrespect to Liberty Hill, they're prolly the power in the district, but with Burnet in 4A, I see this as a district in which almost everyone has a shot at making the playoffs. Don't count your guys out yet.

toby070
02-02-2004, 11:23 PM
therealbulldogs:
I was hoping that Bandera would move back into either district 28 or 29. The athletic program is in a slump right now and it would be good for the kids to put them in a district where they could win some games.therealbulldogs, you are one season removed from a state championship, that's a slump a lot of folks wish they could claim. No disrespect to Liberty Hill, they're prolly the power in the district, but with Burnet in 4A, I see this as a district in which almost everyone has a shot at making the playoffs. Don't count your guys out yet.

Old Green
02-03-2004, 06:15 AM
Hallettsville may be the Smallest school in 3A this alignment.

underware
02-03-2004, 07:57 AM
Hey Old Green, I agree. My Boss is from Hallettsville. He said they missed 2A by 4 students? Could that be right?

Wildcat81
02-03-2004, 10:49 AM
Well i don't know much about Coldsprings,shepherd,
Silsbee.It's going to be tough for the cats this year,maybe that what they need.

Bandera YaYa
02-03-2004, 11:46 AM
LH Panther Mom:
I would've voted if Question 1 had contained "doesn't matter one way or the other" as a response. We did have a similar district the 2000 & 2001 seasons (included Brady, excluded Bandera), so we're familiar with all. I do feel for Bandera, Ingram & Brady for the drives north and south. At least we are sort of in the middle. Maybe "what were they thinking" would have been an appropriate response, but I know the UIL wants to keep this district west of I-35. Looks like we will be rivaling some West Texas districts for distance. I guess we are trading one set of Bulldogs for another. The hardest part will be remembering our new district number.When I thought Burnet would move up, I thought "great, maybe we can play someone closer now".....yeah, right. So, now we have to travel to Brady.....next year, why don't we just put Ft. Stockton in our district??????? This traveling, especially during the week, is really hard on the kids......a 2 hour trip after a game makes a long school nite. But, I guess we'll survive it again. Glad to see Burnet move on up...hope they like where they are...

Bandera YaYa
02-03-2004, 11:51 AM
toby070:

therealbulldogs:
I was hoping that Bandera would move back into either district 28 or 29. The athletic program is in a slump right now and it would be good for the kids to put them in a district where they could win some games.therealbulldogs, you are one season removed from a state championship, that's a slump a lot of folks wish they could claim. No disrespect to Liberty Hill, they're prolly the power in the district, but with Burnet in 4A, I see this as a district in which almost everyone has a shot at making the playoffs. Don't count your guys out yet.Yeah! I still remember winning State in 2002!!!
Sure, last season was hard to swallow, hardest for the players. But you gotta take the good with the bad. I think the coach is good and in time all will be fine. Thanks, Toby for pointing that out to "therealbulldog". :D

Old No. 7
02-03-2004, 12:02 PM
Wildcat81:
Silsbee.It's going to be tough for the cats this year,maybe that what they need.I bet Shepherd and Coldsprings are unhappy, there going to have atleast a hour and a half drive, every place they go(except when they're playing each other). This should be an exciting year. I work with people from Silsbee,Buna,and Jasper. Have you seen any posters from Sheperd or Coldsprings?

Phil C
02-03-2004, 02:45 PM
My main concern is that since there are only five teams in our district there may be a problem in getting other 3A teams to have six non district games. I just hope we don't have to play any 4A or 5A schools and can drop 4A Gregory-Portland from our schedule. We don't need the injuries. The last two years we played Gregory-Portland we had several critical injuries that hurt us in the long run.

JasperDog94
02-03-2004, 05:01 PM
Old No. 7:

Wildcat81:
Silsbee.It's going to be tough for the cats this year,maybe that what they need.I bet Shepherd and Coldsprings are unhappy, there going to have atleast a hour and a half drive, every place they go(except when they're playing each other). This should be an exciting year. I work with people from Silsbee,Buna,and Jasper. Have you seen any posters from Sheperd or Coldsprings?A good buddy of mine coaches at Coldsprings. He's not too happy about the new district. One of the main problems is that they will have to take back roads to get to the games. There's not really a straight shot for any team except Sheperd and Jasper.

j_dog
02-03-2004, 06:47 PM
Old No. 7:

Wildcat81:
Silsbee.It's going to be tough for the cats this year,maybe that what they need.I bet Shepherd and Coldsprings are unhappy, there going to have atleast a hour and a half drive, every place they go(except when they're playing each other). This should be an exciting year. I work with people from Silsbee,Buna,and Jasper. Have you seen any posters from Sheperd or Coldsprings?I can understand the frustration of the Shepherd and Coldsprings fans. For 42 straight years, Jasper's closest district game (with Silsbee) was 50 miles. Many Jasper fans would have felt blessed if they had only had to drive to Shepherd or Coldsprings.

Old Green
02-03-2004, 06:57 PM
underware:
Hey Old Green, I agree. My Boss is from Hallettsville. He said they missed 2A by 4 students? Could that be right?From what I heard, they turned in 390.

strike hard
02-03-2004, 07:34 PM
How about the new 20 3A district. This looks to be a great district. Can not wait to see these games.

Navasota
Rice Consolidated
Bellville
Sealy
Columbus
Hempstead

THE "SNAKE PIT" GO BLUE!

sinton66
02-03-2004, 08:14 PM
Phil C:
My main concern is that since there are only five teams in our district there may be a problem in getting other 3A teams to have six non district games. I just hope we don't have to play any 4A or 5A schools and can drop 4A Gregory-Portland from our schedule. We don't need the injuries. The last two years we played Gregory-Portland we had several critical injuries that hurt us in the long run.Scheduling six non-district games is gonna be tough. Gonna be some travelling involved, I bet.
With Sosa going to Beeville, they might be interested again. G-P may stay if the kids want to play them. I heard Bellville was interested. Maybe Davenport would sign up Pt. Lavaca for a game. It's going to be interesting for sure.

olddawggreen
02-05-2004, 04:34 PM
Bandera YaYa:

LH Panther Mom:
I would've voted if Question 1 had contained "doesn't matter one way or the other" as a response. We did have a similar district the 2000 & 2001 seasons (included Brady, excluded Bandera), so we're familiar with all. I do feel for Bandera, Ingram & Brady for the drives north and south. At least we are sort of in the middle. Maybe "what were they thinking" would have been an appropriate response, but I know the UIL wants to keep this district west of I-35. Looks like we will be rivaling some West Texas districts for distance. I guess we are trading one set of Bulldogs for another. The hardest part will be remembering our new district number.When I thought Burnet would move up, I thought "great, maybe we can play someone closer now".....yeah, right. So, now we have to travel to Brady.....next year, why don't we just put Ft. Stockton in our district??????? This traveling, especially during the week, is really hard on the kids......a 2 hour trip after a game makes a long school nite. But, I guess we'll survive it again. Glad to see Burnet move on up...hope they like where they are...YaYa, I feel for you on the Brady thing. They were in our district when my son was playing in Jr. High and I can remember nothing good about going to Brady for a game (unless it was going early enough to stop at Coopers in Llano on the way) and talk about fans and coaches with an attitude :mad: ! I will never forget my sons team playing there in 8th grade. The announcer was really running our team down and making remarks about them that shouldn't have been made, he would then yell for their team when they had something going on and then turn around and make wise cracks about our team. It was terrible. It turns out the announcer's son was on the team. We had other bad experiences with them during basketball. I think it really had a lot to do with their coaches at the time, but there was no excuse for it. Needless to say there were a lot of happy parents around here when Brady was dropped from our district. I hope things have improved there for everyones sake. Good luck and enjoy!

LH Panther Mom
02-07-2004, 08:39 AM
Bandera YaYa:
[QUOTE]When I thought Burnet would move up, I thought "great, maybe we can play someone closer now".....yeah, right. So, now we have to travel to Brady.....next year, why don't we just put Ft. Stockton in our district??????? This traveling, especially during the week, is really hard on the kids......a 2 hour trip after a game makes a long school nite. But, I guess we'll survive it again. Glad to see Burnet move on up...hope they like where they are...Ft. Stockton - that was good. :D :D