PDA

View Full Version : Forney people????

Titans
09-14-2004, 01:07 PM
I think I remember last year how all the Forney people were talking about taking the 4A ranks by storm, possibly making the playoffs.

Regardless, where has the talent gone in Forney?

Y'all better pray to get bumped back down to 3A next realignment....because y'all could become the next Alvarado.....

OUCH:doh:

PPHSfan
09-14-2004, 01:10 PM
Forney gradutated a ton of talent. But if you take a drive thru Forney right now and look at the 100's of new homes being built, it is easy to see that Forney should be moving in a lot of Talent over the next few years. I look for Forney to be a top contender in 5A in a few years. They are on fire with the building boom. You really need to drive through town to see.

kaorder1999
09-14-2004, 01:15 PM
this is just one of those years for forney that comes around every 6 or 7 years. they went through this is 98 also. not quite this bad though. Forney is playing with a LOT of young players on both sides of the ball. From what I've heard, a lot of it has to do with a lack of player leadership. There are a couple of players that would have been starters this year that are sitting in the stands on Friday nights which doesnt make a lot of sense. They are going to have to take their lumps but they will be back.

Forney has it tough the rest of the season. Paris is one they may be able to sneak up on and take a victory. Mesquite Poteet is also one that the Jackrabbits could possibly play with.

Playoffs-----nah.. Not this year. I knew the jump would be had for them but you are right... alot of forney people thought it wouldnt be that big of a change but now they know better....

Drop classifications? Nah....like PPHS said....they are growing too fast to ever even think about being 3A again. That time has come and gone.

Titans
09-14-2004, 01:26 PM
That's too bad...I always thought Forney folk had a lot of class. That's just my opinion!

I hope they can get it back together in the future. Could be tough, though!

PPHSfan
09-14-2004, 01:29 PM
It won't be tough. They will be loaded in a year or two. You really need to go look at the growth. And I am talking Big Six Figure Brick Homes. Forney may be the fastest growing town in Texas right now.

kaorder1999
09-14-2004, 01:30 PM
Originally posted by Titans
That's too bad...I always thought Forney folk had a lot of class. That's just my opinion!

i think forney people do have class but forney just isnt the same forney as it used to be. Forney has changed TREMENDOUSLY in the last 10 years. Its still a great place to be though.

Forney has a great coaching staff that will have these guys playing well before the year is over.

handNthedirt
09-14-2004, 01:33 PM
Mckinney is the fastest growing town in the nation...I think Forney was definatley top 5 nationwide. Dallas suburbs are becoming pretty popular among the common and rich folk...the poor were already there.

GoDeep
09-14-2004, 01:37 PM
Originally posted by PPHSfan
It won't be tough. They will be loaded in a year or two. You really need to go look at the growth. And I am talking Big Six Figure Brick Homes. Forney may be the fastest growing town in Texas right now.

The last time a DFW town was labeled the fastest growing city in America (Frisco), they moved up to 4a and havent been to the playoffs since (6 years and counting).

PPHSfan
09-14-2004, 01:41 PM
Frisco ain't Forney.:D

3afan
09-14-2004, 02:54 PM

what does this have to do with Forney people having/not having 'class' ???

kaorder1999
09-14-2004, 05:15 PM
Originally posted by 3afan
what does this have to do with Forney people having/not having 'class' ???

i think he was commenting on what I said about players being in the stands and not playing.

3afan
09-14-2004, 05:19 PM
well then thats a dumb comment IMO ... so how bad is SS gonna beat WTWhite? and WHERE ya playing them?

3afan2K3
09-14-2004, 05:39 PM
I think I remember last year how all the Forney people were talking about taking the 4A ranks by storm, possibly making the playoffs.
No, that was Burnet who though they could beat the top 4a and 5a teams

jason
09-14-2004, 05:42 PM
Originally posted by 3afan2K3
No, that was Burnet who though they could beat the top 4a and 5a teams and the kansas city chiefs with a sellout crowd of 75,000 at arrowhead stadium

kaorder1999
09-14-2004, 05:45 PM
Originally posted by 3afan
well then thats a dumb comment IMO ... so how bad is SS gonna beat WTWhite? and WHERE ya playing them?

i hope we play well...we are playing them at Dallas Loos.....

Rabbit'93
09-14-2004, 05:56 PM
I, personally can't remember where anyone said "we're going to take 4A by storm". I for one have always said its gonna be a tough year. I knew there would be losses I just thought we'd be more competitive. I guarantee you there may not be a tougher schedule in the state. I commend the staff for not scheduling a bunch mediocre teams.

Who knows what the future holds for the 'rabbits but I would be willing to bet'cha a soda that good times aren't that far off.

3afan
09-14-2004, 06:00 PM
totally agree - well said! how's the new location working out?

Rabbit'93
09-14-2004, 06:10 PM
Still setting up right now but have had a few drive bys comin' in. Hope it'll work out for about a year. There is a bunch of commercial property about to spring up. We'll be looking to move again then:mad: . Have you noticed all the construction around 548?

3afan
09-14-2004, 06:13 PM
yes i have - when will it stop !?!?!?!?!