PDA

View Full Version : Cuero?

kaorder1999
09-14-2004, 11:34 AM
man...they look like they are pretty tough this year. I know nothing about them. WHat do they run on Offense, defense...etc. What do they have?

crabman
09-14-2004, 12:24 PM
Very young and inexperienced defense. Four sophomores in the secondary. A defensive line trying to find some consistency. Shutouts to West Oso and LaGrange and then give up 55 to Wharton? That is a reflection of the inexperienced secondary.

Senior laden offense. Front 5 are all seniors and quite large. Smallest is 220. Largest is 390. Throw in a 340, 280, and 260 and you have a 298 lb. average. The 390 and 340 were sixth and seventh in state in powerlifting. Junior tight end with great speed. Senior quarterback with 4.53 speed. Senior wide outs. As most people know we lost our Junior running back Cooper to a torn ACL and other things. Lost our #2 junior running back to discipline problems. #3 and #4 have responded well. Larvell Roy got 275 last week against Wharton. He is at about 500 so far. Fabian Olguin sits at about 350-375 so far.

Cuero can move the ball on anybody. We just have to learn to hold passing teams down. Our games against WestOso and Lagrange we gave up 0 and 0. Wharton passes and we gave up 55. I see a problem.

Cuero runs multiple things. Some I. Some one back. Some no back. A little spread. Sometimes nine men ankle to ankle with a QB and a running back. Bread and butter is the run with that line but we will still throw 12-15 times a game. Our offense cannot be described as anything. The kids armbands have about 100 plays on them.

pirate4state
09-14-2004, 01:22 PM
Originally posted by crabman
Very young and inexperienced defense. Four sophomores in the secondary. A defensive line trying to find some consistency. Shutouts to West Oso and LaGrange and then give up 55 to Wharton? That is a reflection of the inexperienced secondary. ...
Cuero can move the ball on anybody. We just have to learn to hold passing teams down. Our games against WestOso and Lagrange we gave up 0 and 0. Wharton passes and we gave up 55. I see a problem. Verrrry interesting ... :thinking: :D :evillaugh :D

Gobbler Fan
09-14-2004, 02:22 PM
One thing crabman forgot to put is a big BUT ...........if your going to throw you better bring it with authority all of the guy's in the secondary 4.4 -4.6 40 with great hands ........Im looking forward to whatching the Sealy and Sinton games. The Sinton game last year was a good one , Im wondering what little tweaks Reeves has put in on defense. Im sure he will get it straightened out before long .

3 TIME STATE CHAMPS
6 TIME STATE FINALIST

Keep it rolling Gobblers

GO MEAN GREEN

:clap: :thinking: :clap: :clap: :clap:

IHStangFan
09-14-2004, 03:53 PM
no doubt some good games coming up for the Gobblers....Sinton will test their will....but i believe Cuero has what it takes to get the job done.....will no doubt be a game of the week.

crabman
09-14-2004, 09:49 PM
Reeve has always made adjustments. His teams always get better from one week to the next. That was evidenced last year. I don't think our secondary will have any problems from here on out. If we get that one weakness corrected, watch out.

Sirsnagsalot
09-14-2004, 09:58 PM
right you are, crabman

crabman
09-14-2004, 10:03 PM
Don't get too excited pirate4state, on offense we pretty much told Wharton what we were going to do and then we did it. Wasn't a thing they could do about it.

Sirsnagsalot
09-14-2004, 10:06 PM
yeah, wharton's line would call out what play we were going to run before the snap...and they were right! But all we had to do was stick it down their throats and they couldn't stop us.

pavilion
09-14-2004, 10:49 PM
i heard cuero's defense knew every play wharton was going to run but they couldnt stop them either... so it was just two badass offenses going at it

big daddy russ
09-14-2004, 11:08 PM
Originally posted by crabman
...Front 5 are all seniors and quite large. Smallest is 220. Largest is 390. Throw in a 340, 280, and 260 and you have a 298 lb. average. The 390 and 340 were sixth and seventh in state in powerlifting...

Sweet Mary, Mother of God.

You know that's bigger than the Denver O-Lines that won the SuperBowl, right?

DFHM
09-15-2004, 04:38 AM
lol, no I didn't know that. We are very proud of our huge line :p Wouldn't ask for any different.