PDA

View Full Version : 2005 Super Bowl Winner Eliminations

Phil C
09-14-2004, 10:43 AM
Usually in the large majority of cases historically the final winner of the super bowl won its' first season regular game. This is usually the case but bear in mind their have been exceptions such as last year New England and once Dallas won it even though they lost their first two games due mainly to Emmitt Smith holding out. Based on history the following teams will not win the 2005 super bowl even if they make the game so eliminate:

Indianapolis, Miami, Buffalo, Baltimore, Cincinnati, Arizona, Chicago, Houston, New Orleans, Oakland, Tampa Bay, Dallas, NY Giants, San Francisco, Kansas City, and Carolina.

Keith7
09-14-2004, 10:46 AM
Philadelphia will in it all going 14-2 or maybe 15-1 even:thinking:

JasperDog94
09-14-2004, 10:49 AM
Originally posted by Keith7
Philadelphia will in it all going 14-2 or maybe 15-1 even:thinking: Man I hope that doesn't happen...:(

Titans
09-14-2004, 10:56 AM
I disagree with you on the Eagles. Sure they played a fine game against the Giants, but that's just it, it was the......

GIANTS

They suck and will be lucky to win 5 games this year.

I'd say look out for Minnesota and/or Green Bay.

I also think TO will get hit by Ray Lewis, break his ankle and talk trash to the nurses at the hospital, thus causing the nurses to wire his mouth shut FOREVER.

Wake up, wake up ---- I'm dreaming again!

IHStangFan
09-14-2004, 11:03 AM
Indy all the way baby!!! It's Peyton's year!!!

footballfan93
09-14-2004, 11:06 AM
History smistory.........

New England dropped their first game last year to Buffalo 31-0

and they destroyed everyone else the rest of the year.

TAMPA!!!!!!!!! BAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

IHStangFan
09-14-2004, 11:11 AM
Originally posted by footballfan93
History smistory.........

New England dropped their first game last year to Buffalo 31-0

and they destroyed everyone else the rest of the year.

TAMPA!!!!!!!!! BAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :rolleyes:

HA!! when are you TB fans gonna realize....TB's championship was a FLUKE!! the Ohio State of the NFL. squeek by week by week and somehow end up in the big game when you SHOULD have at least 5 losses......baffles me to this day.

Bulldog_12
09-14-2004, 12:09 PM
Even though I do like the eagles and the great combo of T.O. and Donovan. And that i think their day has come. I want to see the Packers win it. Brett Favre deserves to get another one. Its the only reason hes back anyways.

AggieJohn
09-15-2004, 12:52 AM
can you imagine the guy who is going to have the pressure to be the next starting qb after farve

big daddy russ
09-15-2004, 01:10 AM
Surprise team of 2004: Houston Texans.

I'm not saying it because I'm biased. Hell, I'm a Dolphins fan. But look back to last year. Most of their losses were by less than 10 points. They also beat Carolina and Miami and took Cincy, New England, Tennessee and Indy (twice) to the wire. For the last ten games, they were only outscored by an average of 4.3 points. And they only had three wins during that period. All signs that the team is maturing.

They'll surprise a few people this year. Maybe even make the playoffs. If they do that, I expect them to be in the Super Bowl.

TheDOCTORdre
09-15-2004, 02:47 AM
I'm a fan of the game I have favorites that I want to be there but I look at the facts and here are my playoff teams the AFC has 2 favorites in the Pats and Colts KC is gonna be a flop this year. The 2 teams to watch out for in the AFC will be the Jets w/ Pennington back after bein injured last year he will make the team balanced w/ Curtis Martin at running back, also the Broncos are gonna be a tought contender, Houston will prolly make the playoffs but out in the 1st round, I see Baltimore or Cinncy in the other playoff spot. In the NFC obvious favorites are Philly and Minnesota but i think Carolina cant repeat a SB appearannce but will contend for a playoff spot w/ New Orleans. 2 teams to watch out for in the NFC are Washington w/ Portis in the backfield they're a threat and Seattle is gonna be strong as long as RB Alexander stays healthy. GB gets in the other playoff spot.
AFC Championship:Indy vs Jets
NFC Championship:Seattle vs GB
Superbowl:Indy vs GB
NFL Champs:not sure