PDA

View Full Version : NCAA FB Champs???

big daddy russ
09-13-2004, 06:46 PM
Who do you think it will be? Rutgers?

LH Panther Mom
09-13-2004, 06:47 PM
Football champs? Or were you referring to foosball? ;)

Bulldog_12
09-13-2004, 06:48 PM
it will be South Arkansas State! or Baylor. It will be tight though.

Gobbla2001
09-13-2004, 06:50 PM
Originally posted by Bulldog_12
it will be South Arkansas State! or Baylor. It will be tight though.

Maybe SASU, but you'll know more about Baylor after they play the Open Invisibles this weekend, and you'll change your mind...

IHStangFan
09-13-2004, 06:54 PM
The Texas State Armadillos?? wait...wait...... :nerd:

big daddy russ
09-13-2004, 07:06 PM
Originally posted by IHStangFan
The Texas State Armadillos?? wait...wait...... :nerd:
That's just a movie, silly.

big daddy russ
09-13-2004, 07:08 PM
And they only won one game. Just because it's against a quality opponent doesn't mean it counts.

big daddy russ
09-13-2004, 07:09 PM
Hold on a second.:nerd: After careful review and entering all the tabulations into the BCS Computers, the 'Dillos are ranked second! I'm sorry for doubting you, IHS. What a breakthrough! What would we do without the BCS?

IHStangFan
09-13-2004, 07:11 PM
Originally posted by big daddy russ
Hold on a second.:nerd: After careful review and entering all the tabulations into the BCS Computers, the 'Dillos are ranked second! I'm sorry for doubting you, IHS. What a breakthrough! What would we do without the BCS? :clap: LOL!!!

Gobbla2001
09-13-2004, 07:12 PM
Originally posted by big daddy russ
What would we do without the BCS?

Crown a real champ ha!

Bulldog_12
09-13-2004, 07:12 PM
Gobble, good call, I forgot all about Baylor having to go through the open. Thatll be really tough for them. The worlds always against them.

big daddy russ
09-13-2004, 09:16 PM
For real now, I want in-depth analasys and hard-hitting stories.

Since the beginning of the year I've thought that the winner of the FSU-Miami game goes. And even though I'm tempted to go with OU on the other side of things, the streak has to end somewhere. Texas looks like they have it together this year more so than ever, and the rest of their schedule favors them: they both Mizzou and OSU at home.

I also think Michigan will be in it (it's still early in the year... you can recover from a loss) because they'll knock off Ohio State. I think USC will lose a game because I hate them... and it will be a home game. It'll either come when Cal travels to LA or when Notre Dame comes into town. One way or the other, the Trojans still win the PAC-10 because Cal loses another conference game (@ Oregon St. this week, perhaps?) and because I have bad karma (TAMU started losing when I moved up here). The winner of the LSU-Auburn game this weekend should be able to knock off Georgia, Florida and Tennessee in the SEC and claim a spot in the BCS, while Utah goes undefeated the rest of the way and still has to sit in the back seat, finishing somewhere between fourth and seventh in the standings. Pitt, meanwhile, spoils West Virginia's party in the Big East, proving further that the Southwest Rocky Mountain Athletic Conference of Nevada belongs in the BCS just as much as the Big East. The Panthers will then proceed to have their butts handed to them on a platter thanks to the Fiesta Bowls' selection of Oklahoma over an equally talented Florida State squad.

Rose Bowl (Big 10-PAC 10)
Michigan vs. USC-- Wolverines win... Karma smiles on BDR

Fiesta Bowl (Big 12 vs. Big East/ACC Champ or at-large)
Oklahoma vs. Pitt-- Oklahoma's practice squad puts up 157 points

Sugar Bowl (SEC Champ vs. Big East/ACC Champ or at-large)
Auburn vs. Utah-- The Tigers almost choke... wait, no, this is still Utah

Orange Bowl (National Championship Game)
#1 Miami vs. #2 Texas-- As much as I want to say UT wins, there's the Mack factor. After Cedric and Vince combine for 3000 yards on the ground during the regular season, Brown decides it's time to air it out. Young goes 8-37 with 2 INTs while Cedric is held to 60 rushing yards. On the bright side, Selvin Young returns from his injury to register 7 yards on 2 carries and -2 yards on one reception.

IHStangFan
09-13-2004, 09:56 PM
SQUAD.....ATTENTION!!!.....well....as you know...most everyone will point to OU...but when UofH scores 13 points on you..REGUARDLESS of what you score on them.......i have to question your "gum-shun" :D thats a redneck word......USC looks good, Ohio State over Marshall by what was it 2 points?? what is it w/ this team..they seem to SQUEEK their way into the top 5 every year w/ a string of near miss wins to far inferior teams...seems they only play to the ability of their opponent. As always Texas has a shot....a LONG shot...but a shot.....they just seem to crumble in games that count.....LSU SHOULD have lost to...who was it...OREGON STATE or someone..they definately have faded.....Notre Dame looked fair against Mich....but was that Michigan sleeping..or is Notre Dame the real deal?? its still early and anybody's bowl bid!! CARRY ON!!