20. Navasota (3-0)
21. Diboll (1-1)
22. Perryton (2-1)
23. Graham (3-0)
24. Madisonville (3-0)
25. Rusk (2-1)

JasperDog94
09-13-2004, 03:23 PM
:eek: :eek: :eek: Four of the top five from Region 3!!!:eek: :eek: :eek: (Nobody tell Old Cardinal.;) ;) )

mwynn05
09-13-2004, 05:11 PM
i think you should make marlin 1 and jasper 2...only because we play them

marlin fan
09-13-2004, 05:22 PM
lol Mark give it a rest lol it doesnt matter how marlin is ranked when we meet

Bulldog_12
09-13-2004, 05:26 PM
You dont play them until post season. Talk that talk when and IF you and THE dogs both make it. :)

Buckeyeman
09-13-2004, 05:33 PM
Gilmer is 3-0 not 2-1

neck_06
09-13-2004, 06:40 PM
how is west orange ranked 4 with a 1-2 record, but Barbers HIll who has won 3 straight not ranked.....i know west orange lost to tough teams, but A LOSS IS A LOSS.......and they have 2.

Gobbla2001
09-13-2004, 06:59 PM
Because Matt said they are...

Tip: Bring camera to Wharton game so you can see what happened later in slow motion, gunna be harder to see live...

UTFootBall#1
09-13-2004, 09:26 PM
Wharton deserves to to be ranked..they hung up in there with #6 cuero 55-56...and they are good....peace

NHSRattler60
09-13-2004, 10:13 PM
Movin On Up like the jeffersons.

DFHM
09-13-2004, 10:41 PM
I agree, Wharton is a top contender this year. They have a great offence. I think they will be the "sleeper" team this year.

44INAROW
09-13-2004, 10:47 PM
Originally posted by DFHM
I agree, Wharton is a top contender this year. They have a great offence. I think they will be the "sleeper" team this year.

They sure weren't sleeping last Friday night lol... They are GOOD and QUICK

DFHM
09-13-2004, 11:16 PM
ermmm I think you took it the wrong way :S or i said it wrong. either way I say they are a great team and will be hard to beat.

GS#17
09-13-2004, 11:40 PM
Neck, I think he's looking at the WOS record relative to who they've played. WOS lost to the #1 team in his poll by two points and the #1 4A team in most polls (Bay City). Their win came over a very good 4A team, Nederland. Overall, I think it's a fair place for WOS to be at this point of the season.

RBARKER
09-14-2004, 09:41 AM
Come on Matt, Barbers Hill should deserve a top 25 rating. Maybe if we beat Diboll you will slide us in.

onfirebball05mustang
09-14-2004, 11:25 AM
i heard a rumor manor was going to be ( or is) number one

GO MUSTANGS BEAT LIBERTY HILL!!!!

onfirebball05mustang
09-14-2004, 11:26 AM
ps

I still don't have a sig (cries):( :hairpunk:

3rdone
09-14-2004, 12:45 PM
WEST ORANGE STARKS ranking is then most deceptive ranking I have ever seen. In my opinion, I still think they are the team to beat in 3A hands down. They lost to Bay City which is 4A's #1 and lost to Jasper in the 1st game of the season with a new staff in a turnover ridden sloppy game to say the least.

The next week they got it together and beat a VERY good nederland team. And for those of you that haven't seen Nederland play...I can tell you one thing...They are good!

As a true football fan and not just a fan of any particular school, and having watched a couple of these games, I can honestly say that WOS and their 1-2 record doesn't begin to explain how good this team is.

Bottom line, a loss is not a loss and a win is not a win. Look at who they play and not the record. I could care less about who wins state, I am just a football fan and I can bet that WOS will be more than enough for 3a teams when playoffs come around.

chaingang
09-14-2004, 01:04 PM
Originally posted by neck_06
how is west orange ranked 4 with a 1-2 record, but Barbers HIll who has won 3 straight not ranked.....i know west orange lost to tough teams, but A LOSS IS A LOSS.......and they have 2.

WHAT??????????????:doh: Barbers Hill higher than WOS? hahahah. You answered your own question. Look who we have played. We got beat by the#2 team in 4A, not dominated, beat. I donnot mean any disrespect, but give me a break. I would LOVE to see BH play Bay City or Nederland it wouldnt even be fair.

chaingang
09-14-2004, 01:11 PM
Originally posted by 3rdone
WEST ORANGE STARKS ranking is then most deceptive ranking I have ever seen. In my opinion, I still think they are the team to beat in 3A hands down. They lost to Bay City which is 4A's #1 and lost to Jasper in the 1st game of the season with a new staff in a turnover ridden sloppy game to say the least.

The next week they got it together and beat a VERY good nederland team. And for those of you that haven't seen Nederland play...I can tell you one thing...They are good!

As a true football fan and not just a fan of any particular school, and having watched a couple of these games, I can honestly say that WOS and their 1-2 record doesn't begin to explain how good this team is.

Bottom line, a loss is not a loss and a win is not a win. Look at who they play and not the record. I could care less about who wins state, I am just a football fan and I can bet that WOS will be more than enough for 3a teams when playoffs come around.

Thanks for the respect. Some people just dont know. I dont mean to be jumpy at some, but I am just amazed at how people say because of our record, we are not a good 3A team.

chaingang
09-14-2004, 01:25 PM
One more thing, the only changes I would have is give #1 to Decatur #2 Jasper 3 Marlin #4 WO-S ( I think we are top three but I also believe in proving it.) #5 Manor. As for BarbersHill I would give them 10 or 11.

rgn4fb
09-14-2004, 01:28 PM
I think Zpata is going to surprise many people and prognosticators. Rankings are just personal opinions, and it is the ranking in December that matters most. That being said, it is my personal opinion that Zapata is a top 25 team.

RBARKER
09-14-2004, 01:44 PM
Originally posted by chaingang
WHAT??????????????:doh: Barbers Hill higher than WOS? hahahah. You answered your own question. Look who we have played. We got beat by the#2 team in 4A, not dominated, beat. I donnot mean any disrespect, but give me a break. I would LOVE to see BH play Bay City or Nederland it wouldnt even be fair.

Hey Chaingang the post you are referring to says nothing about BH being ranked above WOS you might want to read before you type. WOS is a good team everyone knows that, but to Down BH like you have is ignorant. BH has a good team and I'm sure could hang with your mighty Mustangs. Maybe BH will get the opportunity to Show WOS just how terrible a team BH is. It's cool to get on here and support your team, but not at the expense of others.

3rdone
09-14-2004, 01:47 PM
One more thing, the only changes I would have is give #1 to Decatur #2 Jasper 3 Marlin #4 WO-S ( I think we are top three but I also believe in proving it.) #5 Manor. As for BarbersHill I would give them 10 or 11.

That being said, I still would not give the nod to Decatur because they beat a down Gainseville squad. This is not the BCS. I still think after 3wks of play Jasper #1; WOS#2;Decatur #3; Manor#4

I have had a chance to see most of these teams play and this is the way I see it. Barbers Hill? Give me a break. what can I say... a loss is not a loss, a win is not a win....look at the competition level that is where you should get you rankings not just overall win loss record.

RBARKER
09-14-2004, 02:01 PM
That being said, I still would not give the nod to Decatur because they beat a down Gainseville squad. Thsi is not the BCS. I still think after 3wks of play Jasper #1; WOS#2;Decatur #3; Manor#4

I have had a chance to see most of these teams play and this is the way I see it. Barbers Hill? Give me a break. what can I say... a loss is not a loss, a win is not a win....look at the competition level that is where you should get you rankings not just overall win loss record.

What the heck is this Bash Barbers Hill week? Give me some info. on why you think BH sucks and then we can talk.

chaingang
09-14-2004, 02:29 PM
Originally posted by RBARKER
Hey Chaingang the post you are referring to says nothing about BH being ranked above WOS you might want to read before you type. WOS is a good team everyone knows that, but to Down BH like you have is ignorant. BH has a good team and I'm sure could hang with your mighty Mustangs. Maybe BH will get the opportunity to Show WOS just how terrible a team BH is. It's cool to get on here and support your team, but not at the expense of others.

Before you go off guns a blazin, I am being cynnical not critical. As far as the overall picture, can Barbers Hill hang with WO-S? NO! Im not saying that in any bashing sense, but who have YOU played? WO-S could have easily played some sub- par teams to pad stas, but we play who we play to get better. We dont play for a record in pre-season. As for yall playing us, BRING IT ON! As for BH hanging with WOS, yeah right. I dont want to hurt your feelings, but this IS MY OPINION. Lets see what other people think. I will post a poll. Just friendly competition:D

3rdone
09-14-2004, 02:32 PM
What the heck is this Bash Barbers Hill week? Give me some info. on why you think BH sucks and then we can talk.

I have been around long enough to know unless there was some kind of miracle Barbers Hill is the same old Barbers Hill, and don't act like you don't know a thing about WOS. Barbers Hill is close enough to WOS to know better than to start comparing.

By the way nice job on Vidor, seriously I thought Vidor would win...good job

shellman54
09-14-2004, 02:35 PM
honestly now, What has the Hill done to anyone at WO-S? notice that the quote that you referred to was not even posted by anyone from Barbers Hill. Yes, I believe that Wo-S is a very stout team, but games are played on the field, not an internet site. Yes, we talk about how our team performs because 99% of the time that is the only team we see play. That is why we depend on other posters to talk (not boast) about their team to see just where the talent is in 3A in the state of Texas. Nothing more, nothing less.

chaingang
09-14-2004, 02:38 PM
I just think it is funny. That would be like The University of Texas playing a school like Texas Lutheran.:doh:

3rdone
09-14-2004, 02:39 PM
Originally posted by shellman54
honestly now, What has the Hill done to anyone at WO-S? notice that the quote that you referred to was not even posted by anyone from Barbers Hill. Yes, I believe that Wo-S is a very stout team, but games are played on the field, not an internet site. Yes, we talk about how our team performs because 99% of the time that is the only team we see play. That is why we depend on other posters to talk (not boast) about their team to see just where the talent is in 3A in the state of Texas. Nothing more, nothing less.

I see quite a few games... I live in San Antonio travel to at least 2 or more games a week... WOS will be #1 when it is all said and done...just an opinion, nothing more nothing less

chaingang
09-14-2004, 02:40 PM
I see quite a few games... I live in San Antonio travel to at least 2 or more games a week... WOS will be #1 when it is all said and done...just an opinion, nothing more nothing less

Im not actually saying that we would win state, I just think of the hilarity when BH compares theirself to WOS.

3rdone
09-14-2004, 02:42 PM
I just think it is funny. That would be like The University of Texas playing a school like Texas Lutheran.:doh:

I wouldn't go that far...they did beat Vidor which historicaly gives WOS fits. But if you look at the games all the close ones were at Vidor stadium. Will WOS beat BH yes of course pretty soundly. This thread isn't even about BH anyway?

shellman54
09-14-2004, 02:42 PM
so that puts you in the 1% i suppose?

PPHSfan
09-14-2004, 02:43 PM

So are you saying that you would rank BH 10 or 11, but that WOS playing the number 10 or 11 team in 3a would be like UT playing Texas Lutheran?

Surely I just missunderstood you.

3rdone
09-14-2004, 02:46 PM
Originally posted by PPHSfan
So are you saying that you would rank BH 10 or 11, but that WOS playing the number 10 or 11 team in 3a would be like UT playing Texas Lutheran?

Surely I just missunderstood you.

I hope that is not what he is saying...it would be pretty ugly though......

chaingang
09-14-2004, 02:47 PM
That is exactlly what I mean. Have you seen us play?

PPHSfan
09-14-2004, 02:48 PM
That is exactlly what I mean. Have you seen us play?

Not yet. Except on highlight film. But thanks for clearing it up for me.

chaingang
09-14-2004, 02:49 PM
Now as for the Texas/ Texas Lutheran Comparison. Yeah, maybe that is pretty drastic. I do think it would be a blowout though. Think where they(BH) come from and think where we come from(WOS.)

PPHSfan
09-14-2004, 02:51 PM
Well I asked because I wanted to give you the opportunity to make yourself clear. It seems to me that you think you could blow out every team in 3a ranked below #10 right now. I tried to give you the chance to make yourself clear, and I guess you have. Yall must have one Whale of a football team, to be able to Boast like that.

chaingang
09-14-2004, 02:56 PM
Again I am not boasting nor is my opinion reflected by other WOS fans, but I believe we could beat most of the teams in the poll. I was just giving BH some respect because they ARE 3-0. I think their is a huge gap between #1-3 and 4-10 out of this poll. Thats all.;)

PPHSfan
09-14-2004, 03:03 PM
Your from down there in the South East part of the State. I am sure you are familiar with the term "crawfish"?:)

UTFootBall#1
09-14-2004, 03:15 PM
HEY HEY HEY Leave Texas Lutheran Alone..lol...

PPHSfan
09-14-2004, 03:44 PM
Again I am not boasting nor is my opinion reflected by other WOS fans, but I believe we could beat most of the teams in the poll. I was just giving BH some respect because they ARE 3-0. I think their is a huge gap between #1-3 and 4-10 out of this poll. Thats all.;)

So, again let me make sure I understand you. Since WO-S is ranked 4th in this poll, NOW you are saying that not only would WO-S destroy 179 of the teams in 3A, but Jasper, Marlin, and Decatur would destroy WO-S?

Man the rest of the league should just give up now. And Yall should too, according to your posts. Let Marlin, Decatur, and Jasper play a round robin, and let's get started on Basketball.

3rdone
09-14-2004, 03:51 PM
Originally posted by PPHSfan
So, again let me make sure I understand you. Since WO-S is ranked 4th in this poll, NOW you are saying that not only would WO-S destroy 179 of the teams in 3A, but Jasper, Marlin, and Decatur would destroy WO-S?

Man the rest of the league should just give up now. And Yall should too, according to your posts. Let Marlin, Decatur, and Jasper play a round robin, and let's get started on Basketball.

I think what he is saying is that the poll is messed up and doesn't make any sense what so ever. You are right WOS would be hard pressed to beat anyone in 3A and all the hype is not based in past accomplishments. People did the same thing when they dropped to 4A...they won state that yr by the way

PPHSfan
09-14-2004, 03:56 PM
I gave him plenty of opportunity to explain what he is saying. He does not need your help.

pavilion
09-14-2004, 04:26 PM
would wo-s kill cuero? yall lost to the #1 team in 4a 17-0 and in our scrimmage against g-p(#2 in 4a if u dont know) the tds were tied at one apiece (thats including first team vs first team and second team vs second team) and we added a field goal to that so basically we beat the #2 team in 4a....and that was without cooper... and i think 17-0 is getting dominated...

fmsc64
09-14-2004, 04:48 PM
How does Marlin rank #2 under Jasper when we have won 3 to zip and Jasper has lost a game?:(

RBARKER
09-14-2004, 04:50 PM
Before you go off guns a blazin, I am being cynnical not critical. As far as the overall picture, can Barbers Hill hang with WO-S? NO! Im not saying that in any bashing sense, but who have YOU played? WO-S could have easily played some sub- par teams to pad stas, but we play who we play to get better. We dont play for a record in pre-season. As for yall playing us, BRING IT ON! As for BH hanging with WOS, yeah right. I dont want to hurt your feelings, but this IS MY OPINION. Lets see what other people think. I will post a poll. Just friendly competition:D

Ok you asked who we have played

1.) We beat Anahuac 38-0 who beat #1 2A newton
2.) we Beat 4A Vidor 35-19 that took WOS to the wire last year loosing 17-14
3.) We beat 4A Dickinson 31-0

I know that these teams are not near the caliber of teams the WOS has played, but I wouldn't call these teams Sub-Par.You have an Opinion and I have mine WOS is not the super team that you make them out to be. Good luck to the mustangs can't wait till the playoffs you will find out that 3A is going to be tougher than you think.

Pball
09-14-2004, 05:02 PM
Matt, thanks for giving us (Palestine) recognition as a legitimate top 25 team in 3A. We will play our third 4A team Jacksonville this Friday night and then Tatum (number 12 team) next week. If we win both of these games we should be in good shape 5-0 going into district.

3afan
09-14-2004, 05:15 PM
... I have had a chance to see most of these teams play ....

which games did u attend? just wondering ...

3rdone
09-14-2004, 05:20 PM
Originally posted by pavilion
would wo-s kill cuero? yall lost to the #1 team in 4a 17-0 and in our scrimmage against g-p(#2 in 4a if u dont know) the tds were tied at one apiece (thats including first team vs first team and second team vs second team) and we added a field goal to that so basically we beat the #2 team in 4a....and that was without cooper... and i think 17-0 is getting dominated...

are you kidding? that is a scrimmage, by that rationale WOS should have gotten beat by Nederland by at least 30 pts. Nederland handed Jasper their butts on a silver platter. Games are much different than scrimmages.

As for yor comment about being dominted... that score is very deceptive . Bay City crossed midfield 1 time on a long pass with 15 sec left in the 1st half. 2nd half was identical. WOS was hardly dominated. I should know I was there.

3rdone
09-14-2004, 05:22 PM

I know that these teams are not near the caliber of teams the WOS has played, but I wouldn't call these teams Sub-Par.You have an Opinion and I have mine WOS is not the super team that you make them out to be. Good luck to the mustangs can't wait till the playoffs you will find out that 3A is going to be tougher than you think.

Tougher than 4A?

3rdone
09-14-2004, 05:24 PM
Originally posted by 3afan
which games did u attend? just wondering ...

were you joking about the Katy comment?

3rdone
09-14-2004, 05:26 PM

1. Anahuac, hardly a test
2.Vidor does that almost everytime they play WOS and then get blown out by other teams WOS manhandles
3. Dickinson hasn't done anything since like '86

3afan
09-14-2004, 05:45 PM
were you joking about the Katy comment?

not really -'cause never once since i've been following HS football in the past 30+ years (and i lived in houston for 3 of those years) have i heard katy referred to as houston katy. you lost some credibility with that one.

but i'll give you this ... in this silly 3a poll argument your points are solid. but its a silly argument cause its only week 3 !!!

WOS1
09-14-2004, 06:26 PM

I agree with you BH. We don't know what would happen if these 2 locked horns. I must also agree with you about the statement being ignorant. Don't get me wrong, chaingang is my buddy, we play softball together, ride to games together and even go have a brew after games, but that statement just wasn't right. I've tried telling him more times than I care to remember that you have to be careful of disrespecting people on these boards, but it, apparently, has fallen on deaf ears.

chaingang, sorry buddy, but I must call a spade a spade... ;) Just trying to save you from yourself... :cool:

WOS1
09-14-2004, 06:34 PM

Dude... what in the hell do you think you're doing?? BH has a very solid program and are a good team. I'm going to have to call your work and ask that you have your computer priveledges removed, DAMN!!!:doh:

Decatur2004
09-14-2004, 11:35 PM
Man i just gotta say that i have been waitin for my account to be activated for sometime now, i read these boards everyday and just love this site to death!

LH Panther Mom
09-15-2004, 05:17 AM
Welcome! We're glad you're here! Try not to make the same mistake of some recent rookies and get yoursed ROM'ed before you have 25 posts. :D

RBARKER
09-15-2004, 07:35 AM
Originally posted by WOS1
I agree with you BH. We don't know what would happen if these 2 locked horns. I must also agree with you about the statement being ignorant. Don't get me wrong, chaingang is my buddy, we play softball together, ride to games together and even go have a brew after games, but that statement just wasn't right. I've tried telling him more times than I care to remember that you have to be careful of disrespecting people on these boards, but it, apparently, has fallen on deaf ears.

chaingang, sorry buddy, but I must call a spade a spade... ;) Just trying to save you from yourself... :cool:

WOS1, Thanks for the kind jester, Hope I havn't offended any other WOS posters yall have a great team. Just defending mine.

chaingang
09-15-2004, 08:43 AM
Originally posted by WOS1

Well, I totally disagree with you. There is nothing wrong with school pride or starting some trash talking. Maybe I have the wrong idea about some of the posters on this board. They can dish it but they cant take it. Its all in fun. I did not or will not disrespect any ONE on this board. I might say controversial things, but I believe I have a good argument with good humor. If I offended someone because of their school being 3-0 against blah, then I am sorry. I will revoke my statement about WOS being able to beat most of the 3A schools, but I will NOT revoke my statement about WOS vs. BH. :D

WOS1- this is my fight bro:D Dont make me get your old lady after you:p

3rdone
09-15-2004, 09:09 AM
not really -'cause never once since i've been following HS football in the past 30+ years (and i lived in houston for 3 of those years) have i heard katy referred to as houston katy. you lost some credibility with that one.

but i'll give you this ... in this silly 3a poll argument your points are solid. but its a silly argument cause its only week 3 !!!

I called it Houston Katy because a lot of people have no idea where Katy is...yes I know it is outside of Houston I travel through there more than I need to...I also know what kind of program they have

3afan
09-15-2004, 09:21 AM
hey - you asked !!!!! :cool:

3rdone
09-15-2004, 09:51 AM
hey - you asked !!!!! :cool:

I hope you honetsly don't think I lost credibility?:rolleyes:

bigpimpin
09-18-2004, 01:24 PM
Ya'll can talk all ya'll want about WO-S, but I think Cuero is the team to beat right now. 4 games: 3 shutouts. Averaging 47 points a game AND that is without their top 2 running backs. They have a young defense that will only get better. I know it's early in the season and a lot could happen, but gotta show love to the gobblers.

Oh, and I know that this is a 3a messageboard, but I just wanted to let everyone know bout a team down the road, Shiner(1A), just beat it's 4th 2a team in a row after losing in the state championship game b/c of a missed extra point.

LH Panther Mom
09-18-2004, 01:40 PM
Originally posted by bigpimpin
Oh, and I know that this is a 3a messageboard, but I just wanted to let everyone know bout a team down the road, Shiner(1A), just beat it's 4th 2a team in a row after losing in the state championship game b/c of a missed extra point.

Congratulations! What is their team mascot - the Bochs? (J/K - Sorry, I just couldn't resist. ;) )

bigpimpin
09-18-2004, 07:34 PM
They're the comanches, and I'd but 10 on it that they could prolly beat Liberty Hill. They're not the most talented team, and if you know anything about the game they played last night, you'd know that they weren't the fastest team either, but I bet they could play with more heart than LH ever could....

PPHSfan
09-18-2004, 08:07 PM
They're the comanches, and I'd but 10 on it that they could prolly beat Liberty Hill. They're not the most talented team, and if you know anything about the game they played last night, you'd know that they weren't the fastest team either, but I bet they could play with more heart than LH ever could....

What a turd.:D

La Grange
09-18-2004, 08:22 PM
Ya'll can talk all ya'll want about WO-S, but I think Cuero is the team to beat right now. 4 games: 3 shutouts. Averaging 47 points a game AND that is without their top 2 running backs. They have a young defense that will only get better. I know it's early in the season and a lot could happen, but gotta show love to the gobblers.

Shinner is a cheater...they are a town of around 3,000 with enough students to put them in 3a, but they have two schools in this small town. One of the schools is a chatholic school that dosen't get all of the talent, but the other is a public school that most of the better football players go to.

Shiner is only about 35 minutes from La Grange, so it is good to see them doing well.

big daddy russ
09-18-2004, 08:55 PM
Originally posted by La Grange
Shinner is a cheater...they are a town of around 3,000 with enough students to put them in 3a, but they have two schools in this small town...
That doesn't make them cheaters. It just means that the talent isn't at St. Paul at the moment.

Gobbler Fan
09-18-2004, 08:59 PM
Straight up smash mouth football is played up there in Shiner *Wishbone*been that system for a long long time . The other teams know whats coming but cant do anything about it .

LH Panther Mom
09-18-2004, 10:41 PM

Wow, I'm glad you have so confidence in your team to think that as 1a they could do this. And trust me, the foundation of our team is based on heart and determination. I know, because my son was on the team that went 10-2 for the first time in 18 years & no more than 3 wins in I don't know how many years other than the prior; they did so with not near the talent we have now, but on heart & determination.