PDA

View Full Version : Texas Longhorns vs. Arkie---I'm back and observations...

KTJ
09-13-2004, 01:12 PM
Wow.

Arkansas + Teeth = Non-Existant.

Once again, we pulled off a great win this week. Seeing some of the threads already, I felt I needed to bring up one on my own. So I'll go in numbers since we all can count. :D

1.) Arkansas is a nice campus--if you're a yokel. Granted, because of the Sam Walton family, UA has some nice stuff! Razorback Stadium is easily blows away the stadiums of Tech, Baylor, TCU, and several others. The jumbotron is the largest in the world. But leave it to a bunch of rednecks to get 15 million dollars and spend it on a TV. (haha, I can't even claim that as my own joke. my friend John said it while we were at the game.)

2.) What a great game. Both sides moved the ball really well and got key stops when needed. I was very impressed that we contained Matt Jones as much as we did. Compared to what happened last year, he should have blown us out of the water again. But alas, he crumpled under pressure late in the game when Arkie needed him.

3.) Vince Young will continue to be a stud and lead this team. He is amazing. Even when they tried to break is ankle on purpose (and started cheering when he got hurt) he didn't let it bother him.

4.) Saw an Aggy at the game cheering for Texas. That was odd.

5.) Just like the debate we are having on Hornfans--just because we didn't blow this team out of the water doesn't mean this team is out of contention. You weren't at the game. It was a hostile environment and that was good for our team. We needed people yelling crap like that to them--that helps you gain mental toughness. I've seen a bunch of people say that after watching this game they don't think Texas can contend for a BCS or NC. Well, first off, NOT ONE TEAM looks NC worthy right now. NOT ONE. I haven't watched a single game where I've walked away saying "that's a NC team right there"--Not USC, not LSU, not Michigan, not Georgia, not Oklahoma, not Texas, and certainly not West Virginia. At this stage, eveyrone is vulnerble. I think it has to do with the high that crappy teams get when they play big name teams. Nevertheless, I think you'll start to see teams (Texas, UGA, USC, Blow-U, et.al.) start to gel in the next two weeks or so since conference play is starting up. So yeah, the majority of Texas fans are still happy with whats going on in the program. We've seen Mack do things he's never done before the last two games. We've seen heart from the OL. More importantly, we've seen VINCE as the starting QB, something that should have been done last year.

6.) Aggy beats up on Wyoming and all of a sudden their team is BCS contenders--I don't think so.

7.) The Big 12 North sucks--flat out. I'm calling it right now. The Kansas Jayhawks win the North. :D

8.) I was saddened to find out that my Gainesville Leopards lost on Friday. But congrats to Decatur on a job well done. Now it's your turn for the target on your back. Go get 'em Eagles. (here's still hoping Gainesville can make a surprise comeback in December and shock everyone again--the key word there being "hope".

9.) Selvin Young broke his ankle. He could be back late in the season, but we're hoping he takes a medicle redshirt and comes back next year. This sucks for him and we wish him the best.

10.) Looks like Explayer got his wish--almost. Explayer wished that Vince Young would break his arm. Well, as it turns out, he almost broke his ankle, thanks to the Arkie line that purposely tried to break it. And I hope God strikes down those Arkansas fans that cheered when he went down.

11.) I think this is it. If I find anything else, I'll post again.

jason
09-13-2004, 01:26 PM
Originally posted by KTJ

7.) The Big 12 North sucks--flat out. I'm calling it right now. The Kansas Jayhawks win the North. :D

:clap: :clap: :clap:

JasperDog94
09-13-2004, 03:01 PM
Originally posted by KTJ
10.) Looks like Explayer got his wish--almost. Explayer wished that Vince Young would break his arm. Well, as it turns out, he almost broke his ankle, thanks to the Arkie line that purposely tried to break it. And I hope God strikes down those Arkansas fans that cheered when he went down. Funny how the announcers didn't say much about this...:rolleyes:

Phil C
09-13-2004, 04:06 PM
Jasper maybe they couldn't tell because of the camera angle. It would be horrible if it was so.

JasperDog94
09-13-2004, 04:14 PM
I promise you Phil. There's no other way to describe it. He deliberately tried to twist/break Young's ankle. It was a sad sight.

c-town_balla
09-13-2004, 04:14 PM
Funny how the announcers didn't say much about this...

the announcers did say somthing about it. they said look he twisted his ankle!...he did that on purpose!!!.....:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

JasperDog94
09-13-2004, 04:16 PM
Originally posted by c-town_balla
the announcers did say somthing about it. they said look he twisted his ankle!...he did that on purpose!!!.....:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: Did they? I must've been so furious that I totally missed them saying anything. I've already erased the game else I'd go back and listen again.

D. R. Hooks
09-13-2004, 04:31 PM
.) 6. Aggy beats up on Wyoming and all of a sudden their team is BCS contenders--I don't think so.

Where did you get this? Texas A&M has a one game winning streak for the first time in a good while!

sahen
09-13-2004, 05:19 PM
for people that really dont think that Texas is a BCS contender keep in mind it was a rivalry game....ur supposed to throw that stuff otu the window...i was at teh baylor game so i only saw the end. what is the deal w/ those arkansas fans cheering for someone to be hurt?...i dont know UT's future schedule but i imagine arkansas will be another future game for them and now they have reason for payback..that was stupid on arkansas' part...

KTJ
09-13-2004, 06:21 PM
From being here at UT, I can tell you Arkansas will not be on the schedule anytime soon, if ever.