PDA

View Full Version : Greenwood vs. Snyder

westTXbest
09-13-2004, 12:38 PM
Well i know Greenwood will be the underdogs in this one but one the games Greenwood is going to come through, i just wonder which one.

pero chato
09-13-2004, 12:58 PM
Greenwood loaded up a tough pre-district schedule. I don't think Snyder will be their breakout game. Greenwood finally got some offense going against Sweetwater, but Snyder looks to be too much for them this year. Snyder by 28.

Stangster
09-13-2004, 04:08 PM
Greenwood is overdue a win, but will have to kick it up a notch or two in order to come out on top over Snyder. The Ranger defense will need to shut down the AZ import to accomplish a X in the win column. One should never couint Greenwood out, they have a way of pulling a victory out of a hat. You add that to Snyder's tendency to be overconfident and I say anything is possible.

I think it could go either way! All I can say is Snyder better watch themselves.

Just my onion

fugitivemustang
09-13-2004, 05:08 PM
i agree with stangster snyder can be overconfident and midland greenwood can always find ways to win shutdown the snyder offense have a good game on offense and greenwood will win my prediction is greenwood unleashes and wins by 3

TheDOCTORdre
09-13-2004, 09:06 PM
Well Sweetwater ran all over Greenwood and I think that Snyders Dee Walker is gonna have a ton of fun he'll have close if not over 200 yds. Snyder by 20

westTXbest
09-13-2004, 09:08 PM
Yeah i am pretty sure they will be over confident, that just seems like snyder and plus they r playing an 0-2 team. Hope we come out of this one healthy.

westTXbest
09-13-2004, 09:10 PM
Hey Dre Greenwood had the smae amount of rushing yards if not a little more, i dont think hell have fun, but i think Gwoods #8 will have fun.

wildstangs
09-13-2004, 09:19 PM
I will take Snyder by 15.

VWG
09-13-2004, 09:49 PM
Has Midland Greenwood settled on a QB yet, or are they still "by committee"?

westTXbest
09-13-2004, 10:29 PM
No they havent, they are rotating a Fresh, soph, and a jr.

stangcenter60
09-13-2004, 10:54 PM
We just had a lot of breakdowns on special teams that put our defense in a bad position....if our special teams would have done their job a little better, i dont think they would have scored that many TD's...

lobo12
09-13-2004, 11:31 PM
if all three qb's are about equal start the freshman for experience he will be great when he is an upperclassmen if he is anything like his brother

westTXbest
09-13-2004, 11:58 PM
Stangcenter60 If we had better special teams ya'll woulnt had scored as much either.

Black_Magic
09-14-2004, 09:03 AM
Originally posted by westTXbest
Yeah i am pretty sure they will be over confident, that just seems like snyder and plus they r playing an 0-2 team. Hope we come out of this one healthy. well , I sure hope Snyder Is not looking past greenwood. If snyder comes to take care of business then I believe they should win. If they take Greenwood for granted then they may be in for a disapointment.

westTXbest
09-14-2004, 12:14 PM
I agree, but i wanna see theser teams get it on!!

clayalan
09-14-2004, 12:55 PM
I dont know who I should root for, One of my best friends was a Ranger and my father was a Tiger back in the 60's. I'm torn.

stateboundWR#5
09-16-2004, 11:17 PM
Well from what I saw, greenwood didn't look bad on film, but they just don't have a win in the book to show for it yet. The 3-0 Tigers haven't been 3-0 in I don't know how long and are full of energy and confidence. I don't think overconfident is the word, but ready to show everyone that they are ready to make the dream come alive this year. There has never in school history been a team from snyder to make a run at state and I think this might be the year. From the beginning they have play some of the toughest teams in west texas and in order to be the best you must challenge yourself.

Ranger Mom
09-16-2004, 11:23 PM
I have to agree...as much as it pains me to do so!!:D

On a lighter note....our Freshman and JV beat Snyder tonight....and the 7th grade A team also won. Haven't heard anything about the 8th grade team!

I just want us to get out of these next 3 regular season games with NO MORE injuries!!

oh well
09-17-2004, 09:18 AM
Snyder head football coach Chad Rogers thinks of Greenwood coach Bob Purser as a mentor.

Advertisement

Purser just laughs at the notion of being anybody's mentor at this point.

"That's just what young coaches say about old coaches like me," he said.

At 7:30 p.m. today the mentor hopes that the young coach still has learning to do when the Rangers (0-2) travel to face Snyder (3-0).

The Tigers are on the rise after making the playoffs last season and advancing to the third round for only the second time in school history, while posting an 8-5 record. Rogers, the fourth-year Tigers coach, credits his kids for getting to know his system a little better.

This year, however, the Tiger fans hope for a better season as Snyder is playing with a lot confidence.

"We have several kids who came up from the JV team that went 9-1 last season, but the main ingredient this team has is camaraderie," Rogers said. "Even after practice, this team just likes hanging out together. They look to each other for strength and that always makes you feel pretty good about the type of team you have."

The Tigers also got a big boost this season from Dee Walker, a move-in from Yuma, Ariz. In three games, the senior has rushed for 510 yards and six touchdowns.

"He's an outstanding young man," said Rogers of Walker. "He's a 'Yes sir, no sir' kid who doesn't care if he gets 100 yards or one yard as long as the team wins. He's just brought up the level of confidence of this team."

From what Purser has seen of Snyder, he puts the Tigers -- in terms of talent -- between Abilene Wylie and Sweetwater.

"They've got a good offense but their defensive line is comparable to Wylie's," Purser said. "They've got good athletes and their running back has a lot of speed. They're more of a complete team this year than they were last year. And even if they wouldn't have had (Walker), they still would have been pretty good."

Rogers is intending to use this game as a good measuring stick for his team.

"We play a team very similar offensively to us and every time we play Greenwood we get our weaknesses pointed out," Rogers said.

Purser, whose team has defeated Snyder the last two years, including last year's 22-18 victory at Snyder, said the series has produced some pretty good games.

"There's sort of a rivalry being developed but without the animosity," Purser said. "There's a lot of respect between the two schools."

Oscar Leroy
Midland Reporter-Telegram

stateboundWR#5
09-17-2004, 12:52 PM
Head coach Chad Rogers may look at him as a mentor, but that doesn't mean that he doesn't know what he is talkin about when it comes to football. He is a great coach and an awesome guy, right now our team spends alot more time with him than our own families, and to tell you the truth i wouldn't wanna spend that time with just any old coach. You were right bout the rangers (0-2) coming to snyder (3-0), and we will have to wait to see the outcome, but you have to remeber that it is homecoming and everyone's intensity is twice as high as normal. Our stadium is one of the loudest in the area, and a lot nicer than greenwood's rinky dink stadium, and i can't wait to see how they handle the noise.

Ranger Mom
09-17-2004, 02:41 PM
That was kind of a low blow about our "rinky dink" stadium. We put in a new field last year and will add new stands this next summer. Snyder's is nice but Sweetwater's blows Snyder's out of the water.....what the heck does that have to do with anything anyway??

Believe me, we can handle yall's "crowd noise".....we had plenty of it on the road to the State Championship so it won't be anything new to us!!

Ranger05
09-17-2004, 02:47 PM
amen at the state championship on the field i couldnt hear the guy next to me literally

oh well
09-17-2004, 02:55 PM
Never heard of a field or noise winning a football game. Reminds me of a comercial the label does not make what is inside what is inside makes the label. Yes there are always nicer stadiums everywhere. The new grass and water wells are a great addition to Greenwood facilities. 3 years ago I think some comments about the condition of the stadium was coming from ranger mom and how impressed she was with sweetwaters facility and she was kinda embarrased by the lack of grass on the greenwood field. If you remember the last time Snyder played their it was 3 years ago so do not take to much of that to heart. If you have not been there lately you have not seen the vast improvements to the turf. Then home stands are as nice as anyones around and they hold a great crowd. We are all proud of our comunity and should be able to say that without saying anything bad about other facilities.

Ranger05
09-17-2004, 02:58 PM
croud noise can win football games by making the offense have miscues greenwood has a coach by the name of Coach Brockman he was a Linebacker for the University of Texas hes told us a story about how when they went and played at college station against the aggies the crowd noise pretty much cost them a conference title

oh well
09-17-2004, 03:44 PM
Bet the noise at A&M is not a factor now though. Not much to chear about.

stateboundWR#5
09-17-2004, 04:13 PM
yea but you have to remeber greenwood has a freshman starting at qb, and could be rattled easily, he didn't go to state, and has little big game experience, but i guess we will just have to wait and see!