PDA

View Full Version : how come no one is giving cuero love

cuerofootball1
09-13-2004, 12:10 PM
I think its funny that no one is talking about cuero and everyone is saying they should move us down in the rankings because we gave up 55 points to wharton. I bet u cant find a team in the state that wharton couldnt put 30 up on. everyone underrates wharton bad. They are a pretty good team. i still think that cuero will be in contention for state come playoff time whether they go d1 or d2

fullhouse
09-13-2004, 12:56 PM
Cuero has a great team this year. I don't remember Wharton being that bad either when we scrimmaged them. I don't think they scored but three times on us, and the last one was an interception on the last play when we went for a hell mary, but that was a scrimmage. It just seems a little quite this year ~ period ~ compared to other years to me. Here's to an exciting and injury free game:)

Chief Woodman
09-13-2004, 12:58 PM
I love any team that gives up 55 points.......

fullhouse
09-13-2004, 01:12 PM
..... and I just hope they're in the "giving" mood again this week....

Titans
09-13-2004, 01:17 PM
Let's see:

Decatur beat the defending State Champion Gainesville (15-0)...not just beat them, absolutely demoralized them.

Cuero squeaked by Wharton (8-4 last year)

Why should Cuero get the love? They gave up 55 points!

I'm not saying they aren't a good team and won't go a long way, but Decatur proved to me that they are for real.

I still think Liberty Hill may be better than Cuero, although I'd love to see that match-up.

LogieJoeBean001
09-13-2004, 01:31 PM
Originally posted by cuerofootball1
I think its funny that no one is talking about cuero and everyone is saying they should move us down in the rankings because we gave up 55 points to wharton. I bet u cant find a team in the state that wharton couldnt put 30 up on. everyone underrates wharton bad. They are a pretty good team. i still think that cuero will be in contention for state come playoff time whether they go d1 or d2

Thanks...its so good to hear talk like that. I'll show some love! Cuero IS a good team themselves. If I were going to be one of their upcoming opponents, I wouldn't be taking anything too lightly or for granted. Cuero is awesome, especially #42!

Gobbler Fan
09-13-2004, 02:41 PM
I'll only say this our boy's have not been stopped yet 3 games 54-34-56 as for giving up 55 to Wharton theres no doubt that the D could use a little seasoning but with 4 of our db's soph's Im sure they will only get beTter as the year goes along .

Not taking anything away from the other teams mentioned in the poll's but not every team is going to have a Trey Jones in the backfield running and throwing the kid is a stud.

I do believe that Cuero can advance deep into the playoff's this year how deep depends on the maturization of the young D this being another reason for Reeves playing a game in week 0 . That being said lets keep it rolling Gobblers against Sealy

3 TIME STATE CHAMP'S
6 TIME STATE FINALIST

GO MEAN GREEN

FbCoachB40
09-13-2004, 03:06 PM
Watching Wharton scrimmage Sealy and watching them play Cuero. I have a good feeling that this game won't even be close. I say that Cuero is a top 5 team. I also think that Sealy should not be in the top 25. I say Cuero by 21

JasperDog94
09-13-2004, 03:14 PM
Originally posted by fullhouse
...and the last one was an interception on the last play when we went for a hell mary, but that was a scrimmage.... Just so you know, it's a "hail" mary.;)

JasperDog94
09-13-2004, 03:18 PM
i still think that cuero will be in contention for state come playoff time whether they go d1 or d2 I don't think anyone is saying that Cuero won't be in contention. There's a huge difference between being in contention and being ranked #1 or #2. And you've got to expect some people to question you when you give up 55 points.

Maybe Wharton is that good. Maybe they aren't. But you also can't think that you're going to continue to score 50+ points a game.

The season is young. We'll just have to wait and see, won't we?:thinking: ;)

IHStangFan
09-13-2004, 03:33 PM
Cuero gets some love....make em all believers Gobblers!

LH Panther Mom
09-13-2004, 04:44 PM
How's this?

http://www.click-smilies.de/sammlung0304/liebe/love-smiley-008.gifhttp://www.click-smilies.de/sammlung0304/liebe/love-smiley-001.gifhttp://www.click-smilies.de/sammlung0304/liebe/love-smiley-008.gif

(PS - I still hope ya'll go D1. :D )

Gobbla2001
09-13-2004, 05:02 PM
We've gotten love, but it doesn't help if you give up 55 points...

Yah, Wharton was 8-4 last season and they beat us...

Last season Wharton was very undisciplined and I though that it would give us an advantage and a blow-out THIS season...

WARNING: Wharton is no longer an undisciplined team... WOW...

The defenses in this game were not shabby at all, they just couldn't do a thing about it...

Trey Jones could have walked up under center and yelled to our DB's "Hey, #8's running to over there about 30-40 yards, then I'm gunna throw it to him" and knowing it we STILL wouldn't have been able to stop some of it...

Cuero's Larvell Roy and the O-line coulda told Wharton's D what they were gunna do all night, but they couldn't have stopped it that night...

I just watched Iowa Park and Wimberly Saturday (3a's) along with Brownwood (4A) and Abilene High (5A, and they're flat out AWESOME) and the first three would have seen 50's outta Wharton's offense and Abilene would have seen 30 I'm sure (and they're pretty salty)...

The question was not "Were they not fast enough for each other?(there were prolly 10 or so 4.4/4.5 runners on the field at all times)... Wharton was on Cuero's butt all of the way to the endzone and Cuero was on Wharton's, it's just in most cases that offensive player will get the first step because he knows where he's going...

I do not know about what Wharton could do, but I believe Cuero could maybe change their scheme if there were a re-match and maybe 'slow them down' a bit, but I do not think it would fully stop them...

Wow, Wharton has to be the best 0-2 team in the state, I wouldn't be surprised to see them win the rest of their games this regular season...

bd62
09-13-2004, 11:01 PM
both cuero and wharton have great speed and when you have that kind of speed big plays happen. if they played again the score probably would not be that high. it just happen on that nite that both offenses were clicking.

UTFootBall#1
09-13-2004, 11:24 PM
I dont think Liberty Hill would be able to beat Cuero..I've seen both of these teams play one week after the other and I can contend that Cuero's offense is good...Cuero has more speed...Cuero's Qb is better,Cuero's Rb is better,Cuero's recievers are faster but maybe equal to LH.......Matt Escamilla is a good running back but he aint no Larvell jones...Believe That!.....Cuero would be able to stop Liberty Hills runnning game....well my opinion is based on my seeing Liberty Hill and Cuero play in back to back weeks....and imma go see LIberty Hill again so maybe I'll see something new...and im goin to go see Cuero play Sinton so maybe ill see something new in that game also...well...PEACE

LH Panther Mom
09-13-2004, 11:27 PM
Originally posted by UTFootBall#1
I dont think Liberty Hill would be able to beat Cuero..I've seen both of these teams play one week after the other and I can contend that Cuero's offense is good...Cuero has more speed...Cuero's Qb is better,Cuero's Rb is better,Cuero's recievers are faster but maybe equal to LH.......Matt Escamilla is a good running back but he aint no Larvell jones...Believe That!.....Cuero would be able to stop Liberty Hills runnning game....well my opinion is based on my seeing Liberty Hill and Cuero play in back to back weeks....and imma go see LIberty Hill again so maybe I'll see something new...and im goin to go see Cuero play Sinton so maybe ill see something new in that game also...well...PEACE

Oh, you'll see something new Friday - our backup QB, since our starting QB is out for a while with a dislocated elbow. I'm working on a meet & greet and you're more than welcome to join us.

SintonFan
09-13-2004, 11:44 PM
I don't respect anyone begging for more talk to hype-up a team ranked at no. 2 in the AP(Cuero is no. 1 IMHO).
Us from Sinton understand the significance of the Cuero team. We also understand how good they are and their total potential.
I'm gonna worry about Beeville this week. They are a decent 4A team with Coach Soza making a winner out of them.:cool:

SintonFan
09-14-2004, 12:00 AM
I don't respect anyone begging for more talk to hype-up a team ranked at no. 2 in the AP(Cuero is no. 1 IMHO).
Us from Sinton understand the significance of the Cuero team. We also understand how good they are and their total potential.
I'm gonna worry about Beeville this week. They are a decent 4A team with Coach Soza making a winner out of them.:cool: