PDA

View Full Version : 30-3A: Ingleside-vs-Taft

IHStangFan
09-13-2004, 12:05 PM
I figure Ingleside will win this one....but i'm also willing to bet it wont be as easy as some are anticipating.

what says the masses??

PPHSfan
09-13-2004, 12:08 PM
Who the hell is Ingleside and Taft?:D

Johnny Utah
09-13-2004, 01:50 PM
Is Taft winless??? How is Ingleside??? 3a vs. 2a, the 3a should win.

veer option
09-13-2004, 03:05 PM
IHS,

What year did you graduate from Ingleside? I know some people in the area.

IHStangFan
09-13-2004, 03:32 PM
Johnny Utah, yeah, i think Taft is winless..they just went down to 2a...they were in Ingleside's district last year. Ingleside is 2-1 won big over Bishop, lost to Zapata, and won 40-28 this past weekend over Orange Grove.

Veer, i graduated from IHS in 95.

Johnny Utah
09-13-2004, 03:34 PM
How will Ingleside do in district??? Is Sinton the big dog???

mikecheck
09-13-2004, 04:20 PM
Sinton is the big dog in 30-3a and should go D1, from there it will probably be Aransas Pass and Ingleside for 2 and 3. Their game is usually a barn burner especially this year with two great programs. I am hoping my Mathis Pirates will sneek in there somehow as spoilers. We travel to Zapata Friday which is going to be very tough to beat them at home, but we'll definitely contend.

IHStangFan
09-13-2004, 06:48 PM
Originally posted by mikecheck
Sinton is the big dog in 30-3a and should go D1, from there it will probably be Aransas Pass and Ingleside for 2 and 3. Their game is usually a barn burner especially this year with two great programs. I am hoping my Mathis Pirates will sneek in there somehow as spoilers. We travel to Zapata Friday which is going to be very tough to beat them at home, but we'll definitely contend. yup....the district is ALOT more balanced this year than it has been in the past several years. Sinton isn't unbeatable for once...and the rest of the district is better than theyve been in recent years. it could go any direction once district starts. i figure Sinton will go, and from there its really a toss-up...Ingleside, AP and Mathis will all challenge each other.....will just come down to who plays better on a given night. lotta talent in 30-3A this year.

District303aPastPlayer
09-13-2004, 09:06 PM
i am going out on a limb and saying that John Downie gets his first senior win at starting RB and the Taft Greyhounds will knock off Ingleside this week :D

SintonFan
09-13-2004, 09:39 PM
I think Ingleside just has too much talent for Taft. It seems they now have a coach who will place the boys where they should be. Taft can play, but should be out manned bigtime in this game.
Ingleside will win but no spread.:D They are not gonna burn me again.:p ;)
Yall don't forget about a VERY quiet Goliad team. Not hearing much about them.:thinking:
They could definately play into the playoff situation or at least a spoiler role.

IHStangFan
09-13-2004, 09:49 PM
Originally posted by SintonFan
I think Ingleside just has too much talent for Taft. It seems they now have a coach who will place the boys where they should be. Taft can play, but should be out manned bigtime in this game.
Ingleside will win but no spread.:D They are not gonna burn me again.:p ;)
Yall don't forget about a VERY quiet Goliad team. Not hearing much about them.:thinking:
They could definately play into the playoff situation or at least a spoiler role. yeah, i totally agree....whats the story w/ Goliad?? you can never count them out!!

big daddy russ
09-13-2004, 09:53 PM
Originally posted by IHStangFan
yeah, i totally agree....whats the story w/ Goliad?? you can never count them out!!
They spoiled our parties a time or two.

big daddy russ
09-13-2004, 09:53 PM
But then again that was a long time ago in a land far, far away.

IHStangFan
09-13-2004, 09:57 PM
Originally posted by big daddy russ
But then again that was a long time ago in a land far, far away. Elton Perry......I AM YOUR FATHER!! :D

District303aPastPlayer
09-14-2004, 09:11 AM
why was i involved in the bocktober fest thread, im still wondering

Phil C
09-14-2004, 09:19 AM
Hey Sinton Fan remember I told you from the first before the season that Sinton had the toughest and roughest schedule. Now things just keep confirming what I said. I said Goliad was tough. Remember I mentioned they had had success in our district before and the UIL did us no favors by putting them back in our district. Ole Soothsayer Phil was right again!

Phil C
09-14-2004, 09:20 AM
As usual! :)

rgn4fb
09-14-2004, 01:01 PM
Come on PastPlaya, shouldn't a coach originally from Sinton get more respect from you than predicting a loss to Taft?

pirate4state
09-14-2004, 01:16 PM
Originally posted by rgn4fb
Come on PastPlaya, shouldn't a coach originally from Sinton get more respect from you than predicting a loss to Taft? Yes, it should. But Aaron (aka-PastPlaya) has a weird thing for Taft. :eek: :rolleyes: :D

IHStangFan
09-20-2004, 03:45 PM
Ingleside 40, Taft 13