PDA

View Full Version : Abilene Wylie v. Vernon Predictions

Z motion 10 out on 2
09-13-2004, 10:52 AM
I would like to have your thoughts on this one. I have seen Vernon play but not Wylie, so I'm very interesting in the Wylie posters thoughts on the play of the Bulldogs so far this year.

Underwater Basketweaver
09-13-2004, 11:04 AM
I haven't seen either of these teams play, but from what I've read on the internet, newspapers, and such. I would have to pick Abilene Wylie pretty big in this one.

TheDOCTORdre
09-13-2004, 11:09 AM
Dont really know bout these teams this year but I'll pick Wylie by 8

Black_Magic
09-13-2004, 11:25 AM
wylie by 7

westTXbest
09-13-2004, 12:36 PM
Wylie by10.

pero chato
09-13-2004, 12:51 PM
Both teams are coming off of losses to good 4A teams and will want to get back on the winning track. Wylie will need to tighten up their pass defense that Aledo repeatedly exploited. Haven't seen Vernon play, but sounds like they're solid on both sides of the ball. I'll still be a homer and pick Wylie by 3 in a defensive battle.

Chief Woodman
09-13-2004, 01:03 PM
I haveno idea. So much tradition and recent sucess by both teams. I am really intrested in how this one plays out. I'll give some love to my friend Z---Vernon by 3, but that's just me.
Sort of poetic don't you see?

Keith7
09-13-2004, 01:06 PM
if Wylie is as good as last year, then Wylie by 14

Rooster#70
09-13-2004, 02:44 PM
Wylie by 7

Johnny Moxen
09-13-2004, 04:14 PM
Wylie by 10, something to prove after last week's fourth quarter meltdown. Have to give it to the Vernon coaching staff, Wylie for a Homecoming game??????? That takes lot's of guts or stupidity one.

JasonTX
09-13-2004, 04:19 PM
Not sure about Wylie and I have only caught about 8 mins of Vernons game with Springtown. Defense was good, but the offense seemed a little conservative. Not good when you get down in a game. I have officiated Vernon's JV team and they looked better than what I seen from the Varsity and could quite possibly beat them in a head to head game.

Forgot to add. In a defensive battle, Wylie by 7 in overtime.
Final score 14-7

bleedgreen
09-13-2004, 05:01 PM
For Wylie to be within 14 points of No. 4 Aledo, I'll pick Wylie over Vernon but not by much. Vernon has so much tradition and it showed up last year against Kennedale. This should be a close game to the end.

MHSvarsity2007
09-13-2004, 05:09 PM
im picking vernon by 2

Z motion 10 out on 2
09-13-2004, 05:15 PM
Vernon has a good defense. One problem is that many of the players go both ways so as the game goes on they get tired and that translates into missed tackles.

The offense has had trouble holding on to the football. 9 fumbles in last weeks game. Vernon showed flashes of greatness against Altus, Ok but then a fumble would happen. So it is hard to tell. If Vernon can hold on to the ball, Wylie will have their hands full. If Vernon turns it over like in the past three games, it will be a long night.

Not ready to make a prediction yet. I would like to know more about Wylie first.

DOGFAN
09-13-2004, 05:32 PM
Wylie is pretty talented on both sides of the ball. They look a little better than they did at this point last year....when they aren't turning the ball over. They have decent depth that could give them an advantage but my only prediction is that the team with the fewest mistakes wins this one. I know just enough about Vernon to know you can't confidently bet against them

Stangster
09-13-2004, 09:45 PM
I have to go with Abilene Wylie on this one (even though I think they are over-rated).
Vernon doesn't seem to be as good as they were last year. Should be a good game

just my onion

VWG
09-13-2004, 09:45 PM
Vernon has some horses in the backfield... but I don't understand why they haven't gotten on track yet. Is the O-line not performing as a unit yet? Was Wichita Falls High that tough?
Vernon will have to grind it out and punish the Wylie defense to win this one. They can do this, but they have to be on their game for the whole night.
Wylie probably will be doing what they do best. Pass, Run, Pass, Run, Pass, Run. Against Aledo I think their play selection was just about 50/50 run vs. pass. Keenum might have problems vs. the Vernon secondary as they have speed to burn back there, but Z-motion is right as they might be winded going both ways in the late qtrs. of the game.
Too close to call on this one... but gimme' Vernon to bounce back and take Wylie at home by 17-14.

stangcenter60
09-13-2004, 11:01 PM
i think wylie will take it by 14...

Z motion 10 out on 2
09-14-2004, 09:16 AM
Originally posted by VWG
Vernon has some horses in the backfield... but I don't understand why they haven't gotten on track yet. Is the O-line not performing as a unit yet? Was Wichita Falls High that tough?
Vernon will have to grind it out and punish the Wylie defense to win this one. They can do this, but they have to be on their game for the whole night.
Wylie probably will be doing what they do best. Pass, Run, Pass, Run, Pass, Run. Against Aledo I think their play selection was just about 50/50 run vs. pass. Keenum might have problems vs. the Vernon secondary as they have speed to burn back there, but Z-motion is right as they might be winded going both ways in the late qtrs. of the game.
Too close to call on this one... but gimme' Vernon to bounce back and take Wylie at home by 17-14.

VWG:

Vernon has had problems with the center/ qb exchange fumbling at least once each series. Combine that with penalties and you have no offense. In addition, the o-line although bigger than last year is not as quick to pull and or trap. Therefore, they are not getting their blocks or they are too late to them. Old High has a heck of a defense and that was part of the problem last week. But Vernon's offense just has been mistake riddled. Vernon has a short and very quick Qb that likes to keep it on roll out passes. They have a FB that is about 215 and a hard runner. They have a HB (Favors) that played his first game last week sue to injury. I think he had 90 yards rushing. I think the offense will be fine against Wylie if they don't fumble the snap or jump off sides etc. The offensive line will improve each game and they need improvement. Like I said it is hard to tell about them because they keep shooting themselves in the foot every drive.

Vernon's defense is good. They will help them against Wylie. They have a talented secondary and should Wylie pass too often the chances are that Vernon will get a pick or two.

I think this one will be a defensive battle.

BigAbe79
09-14-2004, 10:53 AM
I think it will be a good game. The score could go either ways on this one.

VL92
09-15-2004, 09:28 PM
Just like the old days, Vernon 28 Abilene Wylie 0

Decatur2004
09-15-2004, 10:07 PM
i havent seen either team play this and dont know what to expect, i do know that they are both solid programs and could both leave with a win ...
but if i must pick a winner......i go with wylie by 7....strictly based on what i read and hear

Z motion 10 out on 2
09-16-2004, 05:48 PM
My prediction 21-14 Vernon.

After really thinking about this one it is a true toss up. Both prgrams have great teams year in and year out. Both are 2-1 both lossing to 4A teams last week. Both had too many fumbles and mistakes. Hard to tell until these two hit the field. But since Vernon is at home and I live there I'll take them by 7.

vet93
09-16-2004, 10:56 PM
Great game!!! I like Vernon in this game in a barn burner. I favor Vernon because Wylie doesn't traditionally put things together until about week 8 or 9 when they are gearing up for the playoffs. I think that Sandifer almost does this on purpose. He also plays alot of different people....when you are playing that many different people it takes a little longer to "mature" into the best team that you can be.