PDA

View Full Version : BC vs K'ville

Junkyard
09-13-2004, 10:04 AM
Congrats Old Card your team did well. Are yall better than you were thinking or was kirbyville not as good as people were thinking or was it a combination?

exbccards76'smom
09-13-2004, 10:59 AM
I think it was a combination of 2 things: (1) Kirbyville focused their attention on Dale Armand too much, and allowed Dishon and Romero to get thru. (2) Bridge City adjusted well Friday night. That first 66 yard TD run was the wake up call. Kirbyville is a team to be reckon with.

Old Cardinal
09-13-2004, 11:34 AM
Kirbyville is a good team. They took every fake to Armand seriously and guys like Derrick Coleman, Israel Rodriguez, Cody and Johnny Dishon, Garrett Romero and others burnt them for nearly 300 yards in a potent ground attack, mostly between the tackles. I am sure that Kirbyville learned a lesson down in Bridge City.
Look for Kirbyville to rebound after they lick their wounds a while. They have a talented experienced team with the same players(almost) that carried them to a 7-3 season last year.
I just don't think they had expected BC's offensive line to blow them out like they did. In fact, I sure didn't either LOL

From a strategy standpoint, BC was able to maintain their offensive drives even using most everyone on the bench a little. They stayed fresh while the Wildcat expended a lot of energy on defense in the contest. Likewise, by maintaining momentum the premier Wildcat running backs were a victim of a team that could control the clock and limit their time on offense. Ball control counted heavily in this contest.

Junkyard
09-13-2004, 01:15 PM
Thanks OC and good luck to the Cards except for next week when i have to pull for the Dogs

Old No. 7
09-13-2004, 05:50 PM
I agree with most all of that OC. I feel we got out coached. We didn't make any adjustments on defense at the half to stop the trap play or sweep. (I'm not even going to mention our play calling). Maybe we'll learn from it. Good luck to BC this week.