PDA

View Full Version : Hallettsville vs. Yoakum

Slamin Rotgut
11-04-2003, 01:53 PM
This should be a barn burner...Hallettsville has already clinched a playoff spot and I think Yoakum must win to assured of a spot...

Who do yall think will win this one...its being played in Yoakum

beefy
11-04-2003, 03:04 PM
this could be very interesting for the burnet folk. Burnet will play the winner of either Cuero or Gonzales vs. Wharton. Cuero is the div. I rep if yoakum wins. If yoakum loses then cuero goes div. II and gonzales is the div. I rep. Very intersting indeed. I for one would be glad to see the gobblers go div. II. I think it would be great to see a rematch of Cuero vs. Rice.

DRAGOON
11-04-2003, 10:06 PM
This one is honestly a toss up to me. I personally think Yoakum will win this game because their back is against the wall and it is at home. If I understand what is going on correctly Hallettsville will be the 2nd Div II team reguardless of what happens in this game. I guess you never know, these teams are both good, but I gotta go with the Dogs in this one.

bd62
11-04-2003, 11:23 PM
yoakum will have to get after it for 4 quarters to beat hallettsville. yoakum tends to play great for periods of time and then they look like crap for periods of time. they got by with that style of play for several victories this year but they paid the price in luling. sometimes it being conservative and most of the time its being focused.it they continue that style of play against hallettsville they will be beat, they are very young with 2 seniors on offense and 4 seniors on defense.9 seniors on team and one senior that has been injured all year.26 sophs. and juniors.
i think the seniors will have to stand up and demand total team effort and then they will be ok.
they did that against cuero and came very close to an upset.a late turnover was the difference.

DRAGOON
11-05-2003, 11:49 AM
Good insight bd.....so who do you think will come out on top?

CheerMom
11-05-2003, 11:54 AM
I'm hoping Yoakum comes out on top. Rice can easily beat Hallettsville, but if we have to face Cuero again, I'm afraid we would be in for a fight. We beat them pretty handily earlier in the season but they have improved week by week since then. They would be a strong opponent. I will hope for and pick Yoakum by 6.

Old Green
11-06-2003, 07:17 AM
This should be the game of the week in The Golden Crescent area. It has so many Implications for teams in District 27.

bd62 do you know if the game is going to be broadcast on the radio?

<small>[ November 06, 2003, 06:17 AM: Message edited by: Old Green ]</small>