PDA

View Full Version : Bellville

Johnny Utah
09-12-2004, 09:54 PM
Who does Bellville have this week??? They will get it going soon.

downlower
09-12-2004, 11:07 PM
The Brahmas play Yoakum in Yoakum.

BrahmaMom
09-12-2004, 11:42 PM
Go Brahmas!

CheerMom
09-13-2004, 09:48 AM
Good Luck to the Brahmas. Yoakum has a tough defense so be ready!! Go Raiders!!!

BrahmaMom
09-13-2004, 10:52 AM
Thanks CheerMom. We have a pretty stout offense, so the warning is nice to have. Our defense is small and young. How's their offense?

CheerMom
09-13-2004, 10:56 AM
Their running game isn't much, but if the Qb and WR get warmed up like they did in the fourth quarter of our game, look out. There receiver is about 6'6 and hard to miss. I thought our offense was pretty stout, too, but they played hard all night. Good Luck and stay injury free. Go Raiders!!!

briefcase
09-13-2004, 11:04 AM
Yoakum lacks the quick, fast running backs they have had the last few years. Two of the fastest guys in the state of 3a decided not to come out for football this year and focus on track. So, Yoakum has to rely on the passing game and the defense taking good angles because there is just absolutely no speed. Yoakum is probably one fast running back from being a top 10 team.

BrahmaMom
09-13-2004, 08:06 PM
Okay, Brahmas, CheerMom just filled you in. Cover that WR--we've got personnel to do that. We have speed, hope we get the angles right (a problem last week) and our pass defense better be there. Thanks for the scoop. Go Brahmas!!

Bull's-eye
09-15-2004, 01:04 PM
Bellville has the corners to cover most receivers. In the Marlin and Cameron game, they were playing very soft, allowing the short passes to be completed very easily. The receivers would then make some moves and turn a small gain in to something bigger. I think they should play more of a bump and run and let the safety watch for the long passes. This would also allow our defense more time to apply some pressure. Also, the defensive ends must stay at home and provide some containment against the outside running game. Marlin's QB burned them several times around the outside.
Bellville's offense had some success on the ground. In the 2nd QTR they hit some short slants to Sanders. I would like to see some short passes on first and second down. We have some great speed that could take it all the way. We need to get the TE's involved and counter the defensive rush with some screen plays. I don't like it when teams only throw on 3rd and long. They usually have to throw a low percentage pass, that usually results in something bad. :doh:

Bull's-eye
09-15-2004, 01:20 PM
I just heard from the "Red Mustache". He had some health concerns that were really worrying him. He just got a great report from the doctor and all is OK!
He still has faith in his beloved Brahmas. He will be in Yoakum friday cheering his boys like a true die-hard fan.

cunbed10
09-15-2004, 02:25 PM
Bellville will be alright, iron out a few bumps, when district rolls around I don't see but one or two teams that could give you trouble.

Slobberin Dawg
09-15-2004, 03:31 PM
Glad to hear that Red Mustache got a great report... Enjoyed our visit to the Pasture... Great Atmosphere for a game. Probably second to Burnet in the places we have played....

Bull's-eye
09-15-2004, 04:10 PM
Welcome to the board "Slobberin Dawg". "Red Mustache" said to give all the coaches a shout. Keep that "train" whistle blowing!!

BrahmaMom
09-15-2004, 04:23 PM
Great to hear our friend got a good report from the doctor. Now he doesn't have to tame his enthusiasm for the Brahmas in Yoakum. They are beatable; I like Sanders playing RB, and we do have the CB's to cover their receivers. Let's DO IT, Brahmas!

Bull's-eye
09-15-2004, 05:49 PM
I agree, the offense is more balanced with the latest moves. The line also looked better and their were some holes for the backs to run through. We need to avoid the penalties and be more consistant. I think the players are now in the right positions, they should start to come together. A win in Yoakum would really be a springboard for the Brahmas. Go Bulls!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:clap: :clap:

bd62
09-15-2004, 07:03 PM
yoakum was 17 point favorite in game against columbia and lost. yoakum was 10 point underdogs against giddings and rice and they won. they are 17 point favorites over bellville. good news for bellville. bad news doe the bulldogs.

bd62
09-15-2004, 07:04 PM
yoakum was 17 point favorite in game against columbia and lost. yoakum was 10 point underdogs against giddings and rice and they won. they are 17 point favorites over bellville. good news for bellville. bad news for the bulldogs.

BrahmaMom
09-15-2004, 07:16 PM
Penalties--that is another thing that has been different about this year's team, Bull'sEye. No more, Brahmas! You can beat this Yoakum team. I head to Yoakum tomorrow for the junior high games, won't return Friday as we're heading in for the Rice-UHawaii game (it's on channel 51 and ESPN for you Rice fans), so the Bulls will have to carry on without me. I want the seniors to get those younger players focused and fired up. Go Brahmas, this is the turnaround game! Love ya, Bulls!!!!