PDA

View Full Version : Vernon, Canyon, Abilene Wylie, Sweetwater, Snyder, Glen Rose

Johnny Utah
09-12-2004, 09:53 PM
How are these region 1 teams looking so far???

wildstangs
09-12-2004, 09:59 PM
Snyder is looking pretty good @ 3-0. Wylie is 2-1, with their only loss coming to a very good 4A team, Aledo. Sweetwater seems to be improving, they are 2-1 with wins over 4A Lakeview and Midland Greenwood. I believe Vernon lost to a very good 4A, Wichita Falls, but has a win over a top Oklahoma team.

sirhc11
09-12-2004, 10:00 PM
They are looking real good. Another team I might watch out for in Region I is Clyde. They are waaaaaay underrated this year. I think they have the best defense in the Big Country.

Z motion 10 out on 2
09-13-2004, 10:45 AM
I think the teams mentioned are all good teams. I would say that right now, Graham and Decatur look to be the premier teams in region I. They play each other Friday so that will shed some light on how good they are or where they stand.

Gainesville, Snyder, Wylie, Vernon, Sweetwater, Canyon, Cooper, and Perryton are all good teams probably somewhat comparable to each other right now. We will have to see which of these teams really improves over the next several weeks.

Vernon has looked sloppy. In their last game they fumbled 9 times, threw an interception, had a punt blocked for a TD, and had a kickoff ran back 97 yards for a TD. Their offense is struggling, but it is also hard to judge them because they had so many fumbles. They play Wylie Friday so we will see what happens.

Clyde has some posters pulling for them on this board and they seem to have a good team also. Iowa Park is going to sneak up on some folks as well. They are 3-0 like Snyder and should be considered a good team.

My Region I Rankings as of today:

1. Decatur (3-0)
2. Graham (3-0)
3. Canyon (3-0)
4. Snyder (3-0)
5. Iowa Park (3-0)
6. Abilene Wylie (2-1)
7. Lubbock Cooper (2-1)
8. Sweetwater (2-1)
9. Gainesville (2-1)
10. Perryton (2-1)

Let’s get through a couple of more weeks to see who rises to the top.

Stangster
09-13-2004, 09:58 PM
Clyde may be a decent team but they are in a very tough district (maybe the toughest in 3A). The way I see it they will have to fight it out with Merkel for last place (despite the zealous support of their fans).

just my onion

Keith7
09-13-2004, 10:09 PM
Originally posted by Z motion 10 out on 2

My Region I Rankings as of today:

1. Decatur (3-0)
2. Graham (3-0)
3. Canyon (3-0)
4. Snyder (3-0)
5. Iowa Park (3-0)
6. Abilene Wylie (2-1)
7. Lubbock Cooper (2-1)
8. Sweetwater (2-1)
9. Gainesville (2-1)
10. Perryton (2-1)

ouch.. gainesville 9th in there region.. that sucks

wildstangs
09-13-2004, 10:12 PM
I think Gainesville is better than a few of the teams ranked ahead of them.

Keith7
09-13-2004, 10:15 PM
yea me too.. but oh well.. its funner to see them work there way back to the top

Z motion 10 out on 2
09-14-2004, 09:23 AM
That happens after a tough loss. I didn't even put my Lions in the top 10. They are going to have to beat Wylie and show this homer that they can at least hold on to the football.

Gainesville may be better than some of those mentioned before them. We will have to see how they respond after losing last week. Sometimes a loss is a wake up call for a team and they get it all together after that.

Iowa Park is my dark horse in region I. Someone watched them last week and wasn't all that impressed. Can't remember who. Anyway, they are 3-0 and are always competitive in district 5, so I have them ranked high--maybe too high.

handNthedirt
09-14-2004, 10:12 AM
I saw Glen Rose handle a pretty good Lake Worth team, they look tough...and fast.

Keith7
09-14-2004, 10:33 AM
Originally posted by Z motion 10 out on 2

Iowa Park is my dark horse in region I. Someone watched them last week and wasn't all that impressed. Can't remember who. Anyway, they are 3-0 and are always competitive in district 5, so I have them ranked high--maybe too high.

Gainesville plays them in a couple of weeks, we'll see how good iowa park really is

Z motion 10 out on 2
09-14-2004, 12:41 PM
Gainesville should be able to run on Iowa Park, They seem to have trouble with the strong running game. After that game, we should get a better picture of both teams.

VERNONLION#1
09-14-2004, 02:44 PM
Originally posted by wildstangs
Snyder is looking pretty good @ 3-0. Wylie is 2-1, with their only loss coming to a very good 4A team, Aledo. Sweetwater seems to be improving, they are 2-1 with wins over 4A Lakeview and Midland Greenwood. I believe Vernon lost to a very good 4A, Wichita Falls, but has a win over a top Oklahoma team.
Just curious Wildstangs, what can we look for Abilene Wylie to do offensively and defensively. Any players to watch for? If our offense doesn't improve and we don't hold on to the football it will be a long night for us.

wildstangs
09-14-2004, 09:53 PM
I think you will get a more informed answer from one of the Wylie posters. I havent made it to one of their games yet. Obviously, watch for the QB Case Keenum. He is only a Junior, but he is very quick and has a great arm. Dont know much about their defense, they gave up alot of points to Aledo and 20 to Lakeview, but shut out Midland Greenwood.

lobo12
09-14-2004, 09:57 PM
i think that snyder will beat wylie and possibly sweetwater will too

wildstangs
09-14-2004, 10:01 PM
Originally posted by lobo12
i think that snyder will beat wylie and possibly sweetwater will too

Anything is possible. I bet its been 10 years since Wylie lost two district games in one year.

Johnny Moxen
09-15-2004, 11:18 AM
No way Synder and Sweetwater beats Wylie this year. I think that Wylie will roll through district 4-0. As far as what to expect, it's the same song 2nd verse. Pretty much the same on offense and defense as they have always been. Obviously there'll be a few new wrinkels but Coach Sanidfer just reloads the machine year in and year out. No need to over haul what has been successful thus far.

Stangster
09-15-2004, 09:10 PM
Originally posted by Johnny Moxen
No way Synder and Sweetwater beats Wylie this year. I think that Wylie will roll through district 4-0. As far as what to expect, it's the same song 2nd verse. Pretty much the same on offense and defense as they have always been. Obviously there'll be a few new wrinkels but Coach Sanidfer just reloads the machine year in and year out. No need to over haul what has been successful thus far.

Pardon me, but didn't Sweetwater beat Wylie last year? Are you sure you want the second verse of that song? Be careful what you wish for. I seriously doubt Wylie will sweep district like Sweetwater did last year.

just my onion

mustang04
09-16-2004, 11:13 AM
hmmm...wylie vs. sweetwater, always a good rivalry. Sweetwater has alot of talent, alot of it in the younger boys on the team, the line is really good too, they are comming together and by the time they play wylie, they'll give just as good as a look as we did last year. Wylie does have that QB commin back too, he was good last year as a soph, so look for him to be a little stronger and wiser this year.

kinda funny, but now im here at Angelo, ive made really good friends w/ Wylie's receiver from last year jason reynolds, and fullback/linebacker Nick Lafae, crazy how ppl can be alot cooler when ur not trying to cut block them

Z motion 10 out on 2
09-16-2004, 05:39 PM
Originally posted by mustang04
hmmm...wylie vs. sweetwater, always a good rivalry. Sweetwater has alot of talent, alot of it in the younger boys on the team, the line is really good too, they are comming together and by the time they play wylie, they'll give just as good as a look as we did last year. Wylie does have that QB commin back too, he was good last year as a soph, so look for him to be a little stronger and wiser this year.

kinda funny, but now im here at Angelo, ive made really good friends w/ Wylie's receiver from last year jason reynolds, and fullback/linebacker Nick Lafae, crazy how ppl can be alot cooler when ur not trying to cut block them

mustang04: Are you playing football for ASU?

mustang04
09-16-2004, 07:14 PM
haha...nah...if i gain weight by next season im gonna try and walk on to deepsnap, but i figured it would be best to put on a few more pounds first

stangcenter60
09-16-2004, 11:42 PM
hahahaha....just a few!!!! ;)

Z motion 10 out on 2
09-17-2004, 10:30 AM
I have seen some light deep snap boys before. As long as you can get that ball back there fast! Oh and on target.

From last years Vernon team, David Montelongo (sp?) went to Eastern New Mexico to deep snap. He was about 200 pounds if that. I know he practiced all the time after the season was over. I believe that he is red shirting this year...maybe to put on weight?