PDA

View Full Version : Clyde is underrated

sirhc11
09-12-2004, 09:50 PM
I think Clyde is underrated. Clyde has beat Ballinger a team with great tradition. Although they lost to Breckenridge 13-12, they won every aspect of the game. Breckenridge also beat a very good Glen Rose team. Clyde beat a Bangs team that was a state runner up last year. I look for Clyde to make a couple of upsets this year. I think Clyde should make the playoffs this year as they have the potential to beat Sweetwater and Merkel. Who knows if they get their offense going they could make a pretty good run. Not making predictions just and opinion. Lets hear what you think on this subject.

wildstangs
09-12-2004, 09:53 PM
How is a team underrated when they are in a district with 4 playoff teams from last year, that went at least three round deep? Why would they be ranked any higher? Because they beat a down Ballinger team? Because they lost by one point to Breckenridge, which hasnt made the playoffs in years? Or because they barely eeked out a win over a Jacoby Jones-less 2A Bangs team?

espn1
09-12-2004, 09:55 PM
You'll probably change your opinion after Brady spanks em.

sirhc11
09-12-2004, 09:56 PM
Have you not heard about Clyde's defense? If Clyde can get their offense clicking, then I think their defense can carry them somewhere. I think Clyde is better this year than a lot of people think.

wildstangs
09-12-2004, 09:57 PM
Originally posted by sirhc11
Have you not heard about Clyde's defense?

Haha, of course I have, there is a new post on it daily. I am still just not that impressed.

sirhc11
09-12-2004, 09:58 PM
Espn1, are you kidding??? Brady couldnt even hold Ballinger under 14 points. I look for Clyde's defense to shut down Brady and hold them under 10 points. And from what I hear Brady was handed the game against Ballinger.

Johnny Utah
09-12-2004, 09:59 PM
Clyde is very well coached, but not much tradition in winning football games. I do know the fans are hungry for success and I am positive the coaches and players are too. That is one tough district. Can not afford any mistakes or you stay home. Wylie is always tough, as is Sweetwater and Snyder. Have not heard much about Merkel this year. Too early to tell if any team from any district is a lock for the playoffs!!! Good luck.

tomlandry
09-12-2004, 10:00 PM
ballinger has good tradition and lost tons of weapons for last years team. ballinger might make the playoffs in 2a and bangs is not as good as in the past so dont think clyde has done anything special yet. they can beat brady IF they run the ball and then we will see what their made up of the next 2 weeks.

sirhc11
09-12-2004, 10:03 PM
I look for Clyde to gain momentum in the Brady and Coahoma games, and maybe, just maybe they can pull off the upset of Vernon. Who knows? Anything is possible. If Clyde isnt able to take care of Brady and Coahoma then I will shut up, and be here to eat crow.

espn1
09-12-2004, 10:04 PM
Espn1, are you kidding??? Brady couldnt even hold Ballinger under 14 points. I look for Clyde's defense to shut down Brady and hold them under 10 points. And from what I hear Brady was handed the game against Ballinger.
Brady has been on the road for three weeks. I think they will be ready for their home opener.

sirhc11
09-12-2004, 10:06 PM
I hope they are ready to lose their home opener.

espn1
09-12-2004, 10:10 PM
I hope they are ready to lose their home opener.
It ought to be exciting when two gold and black Bulldogs go head to head. I'd like to see it.

Johnny Utah
09-12-2004, 10:10 PM
I disagree with you. Clyde has good coaching. Ballinger does as well, but not winning right now, as does Bangs. Wins and losses do not define good coaching. If that were the case then Todd Dodge would have never gotten to where he is now. Do you know that he spent two years in Cameron and got run out of town!!!! He is a great coach!!! Never won at the 3a level!!!! Wylie has always been well coached and they lost to Clyde last year!!!

sirhc11
09-12-2004, 10:12 PM
Is Brady's defense that bad to give up what 22 points to Ballinger (I may be wrong) or were they having an off night. I hope they were having an off night for Brady's sake.

CatWoman
09-13-2004, 09:21 AM
Is Brady's defense that bad to give up what 22 points to Ballinger (I may be wrong) or were they having an off night. I hope they were having an off night for Brady's sake.

I haven't posted in a while, because we are now in 2A, but since you insist on dissing on Ballinger, my claws tend to pop out. When we played Clyde, we got beat in nearly every aspect of the game, no doubt about it. Not to make excuses, but we only had 2 players on the field against Clyde who had ever played varsity level ball before and quite frankly, they were nervous. Had Ballinger played against Clyde like we did against Brady, the outcome may have been different.

In a nutshell, don't take Brady too lightly. They have the weapons. Good luck to you.

Blk&Gold4ever
09-13-2004, 01:51 PM
they are the coaches so we will sit back and enjoy the ride. Hopefully the boys will play to their potential........... and get us some more wins.

Catwoman.... You're right.... this is a different year and a big rebuilding year for Ballinger. They have deep tradition and have always been coached well. They'll pull things together and be another 2a powerhouse in the future.

A Ballinger win to Clyde seems huge. But then again.... we didn't have Posey shoving it down our throat or Koone or King.... I could go on and on.

Johnny Utah
09-13-2004, 01:54 PM
Clyde has gone through more coaches than most schools have in just 4 or 5 years. Do you really think the coaching is that bad??? Could it be that yall are just in a tough district. Make the playoffs in basketball and fire the coach. What is next!!!! I grew up in that area and can not remember the last time that Clyde was considered a football power.

Blk&Gold4ever
09-13-2004, 02:21 PM
Originally posted by Johnny Utah
Clyde has gone through more coaches than most schools have in just 4 or 5 years. Do you really think the coaching is that bad??? Could it be that yall are just in a tough district. Make the playoffs in basketball and fire the coach. What is next!!!! I grew up in that area and can not remember the last time that Clyde was considered a football power.

Hey... I totally agree with you. I never understood the logic in firing a guy after he made the playoffs. That came from the AD. Many scratched their heads over that logic. Whether any of us agree if he was a good coach or not, he did make the playoffs which is should have a little pull.
Believe me.... we are tired of going through coaches also.

Football power.... no not in a while. But, we were in the past taken as serious competetion.

Tough district? you bet! most of us thought maybe we should hire people that could help us prepare for that. Not settle.

Johnny Utah
09-13-2004, 02:29 PM
I do know that he is one heck of a track coach. Have not seen Clyde play in about 3 years. Hughes should have stayed!!!! When I was growing up Clyde was always considered a basketball power. I played against the bball coach when I was in high school and think very highly of him. I know of some other communities in that area that run off coaches when things do not go well and I really do not understand it. Take Breckenridge for example!!!! They have given him a chance and they are responding!!!! Wylie is a great example, not much turnover and they have had great success. Hopefully Clyde will win and do the right thing.

Blk&Gold4ever
09-13-2004, 02:54 PM
This, I will agree with. He is an good track coach.

Hughes was a great motivator and coach. He is missed. We can still see him almost every friday night standing at the end of the field. We just wish he was inside the fence.
I will also agree that running off someone is not the answer. If he was the most qualified for the job than so be it.
I'm certainly not here to bash him.
As far as the new B-Ball coach. I've heard good things. I hope everything goes good for him and the team. We have some good players.

We miss the basketball power your talking about too. Oh.... and of course we miss Coach Case!

Rooster#70
09-13-2004, 03:08 PM
Has anyone else noticed that all of the post sounds like they are all from clyde. Wow, what great fan support. Yall can't even support each other on the message board.

Johnny Utah
09-13-2004, 03:08 PM
I have played against Coach Case and his teams played very hard and could shoot the ball. I do hope they give the new guy a chance. This is his first head coaching gig and he deserves a chance. I have heard good things about the Clyde under classmen, just hope the fans give them a chance. It is a tough district all around. I have some good friends that still live in that area and they basically say the same thing. They just want to win. Only time will tell. By the way, Clyde did Coach Case a favor!!! He is loving round ball at Cooper!!!

Blk&Gold4ever
09-13-2004, 03:17 PM
Originally posted by Rooster#70
Has anyone else noticed that all of the post sounds like they are all from clyde. Wow, what great fan support. Yall can't even support each other on the message board.

You're wrong.....
We all want the same thing. To win.
And they have my support 100%.

Rooster#70
09-13-2004, 03:24 PM
No matter the coach, you must support them for the kids sake.
If you have a daddy at home who works with rubber and coached peewee football against Baird, Cross Plains, Putnam. May,- telling his kid that the coach does not know what he is doing the kid can't help but beleive his pop the losing continues

Johnny Utah
09-13-2004, 03:26 PM
Rooster, I agree with that!!! They need more positives than negatives. Putnam sells beer not football!!!

Blk&Gold4ever
09-13-2004, 03:37 PM
like i said.....Hopefully the boys will play to their potential........... and get us some more wins.

we have great talent.

Johnny Utah
09-13-2004, 03:40 PM
In order to win it does take talent, coaching and luck!!! Hope all 3 come into play. Sounds as if this might be the year of the Bulldog!!! How is the new high school

Johnny Moxen
09-13-2004, 04:09 PM
I heard that Clyde has lost a couple of starters over the last few weeks. I don't think they have the numbers or coaching staff to be a "playoff team". Could really pull off some upsets this year and be a contender for next year though.

westTXbest
09-13-2004, 04:18 PM
Well who ever said Clyde could beat sweetwater is wrong, they aint a 2a team.

Blk&Gold4ever
09-13-2004, 04:32 PM
Johnny Utah....
Our Gym is one of the nicest in the area. It makes you proud to be a bulldog. Let's just hope we can get a new football field and track soon.

Blk&Gold4ever
09-13-2004, 04:43 PM
Originally posted by Johnny Moxen
I heard that Clyde has lost a couple of starters over the last few weeks. I don't think they have the numbers or coaching staff to be a "playoff team". Could really pull off some upsets this year and be a contender for next year though.

Clyde has a couple of injuries but still in good shape. Chiapponne looked good running the ball. And defense still looks good.

J-Kwon
09-13-2004, 05:58 PM
Clyde does have a good coach, and the people of Clyde should get off his back. Do they not know what he did in Chrane? The people in Clyde need to shut up and let the man coach and I guarantee results. I'm getting sick of the coaches getting the blame and it comes strait from the school board. No wonder Clyde doesn't have a consistently good program because the school board fires and hires new coaches every other year. They have no clue of what they're doing. They sit back at the games and listen to the parents or fans like BLCK&GOLD4EVER who think they know how to coach and constantly rip the coaches and think they have to have a new coach. I feel sorry for the kids going through that school because they live in a town filled with people who know nothing about having a good football program. The people need to sit back and actually support the coaches and maybe just maybe you will see a football program grow into a good one. Coach Slagle will make this program as good as the Wylies and the Stephenvilles if you give him a freakin chance. They have the talent and actually have a good coach so the base is there. Now all they need is the support from the people and you will see a good program guaranteed.

BulldogsWR20
09-14-2004, 10:38 PM
I agree 100% J-Kwon, its hard to start a winning tradition when every 2 years the
the people on the school board appoint a new A.D. When you change head coaches every few years, then the new coach has to adapt to the players and the players have to learn the new coach. see how that is a problem for say a freshmen that goes two years learning one type of coaching style and then when they are a junior and are on varsity, then they have to go back and learn a whole nother type of coaching style. Its hard on the players,its hard on the team, and its hard on the community.
Dawgs all the way! #20:foul:

BulldogsWR20
09-14-2004, 10:43 PM
But its alright because we are rising above it and suprising, and proving people wrong, just watch. We have a great team and a great coaching staff even with our little imperfections (like everything in the world has) we gel and have a great team bond.

sirhc11
09-15-2004, 05:53 PM
Even though Clyde did lose their running back they still have a good one in #22 Carl West. I was watching them play bangs, and it looked as if #22 was as good as if not better than Clyde's starting running back. I look for Clyde to beat Brady and Coahoma, then whatever happens next will show everyone whether Clyde is truly underrated or not.

oh well
09-15-2004, 07:13 PM
Clyde does have a very good coach and a very good program. I do not think the are underrated. I think there is a diff. in the teams Clyde has played most are very good 2 A schools. Wylie played Greenwood Aledo and Lakeview, Snyder Levelland, Estacado & Cooper. Sweetwater Cooper, Greenwood & Lakeview. I think that is the higher ranking reason. It is not that they are underrated it has to do with scheduling