PDA

View Full Version : Trinity 41 TLU 32

UTFootBall#1
09-12-2004, 05:13 PM
Not bad for the bulldogs....the dawgs started a freshman QB who reminded me alot of Quincy Carter..he had good speed but just threw too many interceptions...Trinity capitalized on those 2 interceptions and scored 14-0 and it was lookin like another grim season for the dawgs...but then they put in another Qb he did real good and the bulldogs began to compete....TLU in the beginning tried to run the ball on Trinity but that failed so they changed to Shotgun and that seemed to work good on em.....TLU special teams are good and there are alot of new guys in the team...there were 3 or 4 returns by the TLU kickoff return team that went for 40-50 yrds...perhaps TLU does well this year............peace

Pudlugger
09-12-2004, 08:19 PM
This was a great game. The level of play at DIII is superb. I would wager that TU would give the sad sack sisters SMU and Baylor a run for their money. TLU was down by 3 tds going into the 4th but their srappy Qb #11 made some incredible completions to pull within 9 points by the buzzer. Trinity looked great especially on offense completing several long receptions to #20 Brailsford Sr WR from Clements Sugarland. Trinity is ranked #11 this year and stands an excellent chance to advance to the National Championship. Next week Sat 7:30 at Trinity they host Redlands University. The game is free and I invite all 3A downlowers to attend if they can. This is great football and every player is playing for the love of the game as there are no athletic scholarships in DIII.

Pudlugger
09-12-2004, 08:24 PM
BTW there were several players from 3A schools such as Goliad, Marion, Las Vernia, Wimberley, Elgin , La Grange, Cuero and Yoakum representing at this game. For 3A Downlowers I encourage you to follow some of these fine athletes who are completing their educations and continuing to strap on the pads for the love of the game.:D