PDA

View Full Version : On the defensive side of the ball...

VWG
09-12-2004, 02:01 PM
Have you ever seen a defensive line utilize the crossover or loop move by the d-line when going against a spread offense?
To my knowledge I haven't seen this at all, where the d-line tries to cross up the o-line with the tackles or tackle and d-end criss-crossing around or looping.
You see it done in college and the pros but very rarely in high school. Too complicated?

Gobbla2001
09-12-2004, 02:03 PM
Originally posted by VWG
Have you ever seen a defensive line utilize the crossover or loop move by the d-line when going against a spread offense?
To my knowledge I haven't seen this at all, where the d-line tries to cross up the o-line with the tackles or tackle and d-end criss-crossing around or looping.
You see it done in college and the pros but very rarely in high school. Too complicated?

I haven't seen it used against a spread... I believe that you are less-likely to see it used in high school as much as in the pros because the front four needs to be pretty fast to screw up the spread...

There has to be someone up North who has seen it done since they run the spread so much up there...

Chief Woodman
09-12-2004, 04:45 PM
I've seen it tried many a time against Decatur. By time district rolls around the "O" line is so well coached that it rarely works even if the "D" has lota of speed. Better to bring the house and overwhelm with numbers or depend one superior 1-on-1 talent. Other than that Dane usually makes you pay big time for trying to be tricky.