PDA

View Full Version : My analysis on Iowa Park and Wimberly...

Gobbla2001
09-12-2004, 12:50 PM
Iowa Park has a few big kids, but not much speed or depth... I believe their biggest strength is there QB... He knows when to throw and knows when to run...

Their defense is pretty good, but no real stars, they are just well-coached and looked pretty good...

Wimberly has a little bit of size and a stingy defense... Their offense has the potential to be explosive, but Iowa Park schemed 'em pretty well...

Defensively they're really tough and are all over the ball, TONS of huge hits, they'll be pretty good... but just as Iowa Park, not much speed, but A LOT of depth, looked like there were about 50 kids on the sidelines...

Wimberly lost 24-21, but their girls/women were hotter so we sat over there...

VWG
09-12-2004, 01:56 PM
I've read where Iowa Park uses a lot of offensive formations, spread, wing-t, etc...
Did they primarily go with one to two offensive sets or were they mixing them up as the game dictated?
How as Wimberly's pass defense against the Hawks?

Gobbla2001
09-12-2004, 01:58 PM
I didn't pay attention too much to the formations, but it didn't seem like they used too many though they did mix it up here and there...

The Texans' pass defense was alright, they were burned once or twice but held in... Iowa Park used a lot of underneath passes, hard to defend that......

LH Panther Mom
09-12-2004, 04:31 PM
Originally posted by Gobbla2001
I didn't pay attention too much to the formations

Hmmm, could it have been that you were paying attention to the hot chicks instead? ;)

Gobbla2001
09-12-2004, 04:33 PM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
Hmmm, could it have been that you were paying attention to the hot chicks instead? ;)

No just during time outs, in between plays, half-time, before the game, after the game.... sometimes during the game ha...

Nah, they were hot, yes...

BTW, if anyone knows of any available housing in or around Wimbery give me a ring...