PDA

View Full Version : Cuero vs Sealy

pavilion
09-11-2004, 11:32 PM
what are yalls predictions for this game? all we gotta do is piss off larvell again and he'll go crazy and drag their whole team into the end zone like he did friday... i got cuero winning by at least 70

bb04
09-11-2004, 11:38 PM
Yeah, Pav, this is not gonna be a contest at all. I dont even know if it's worth makin the drive all the way up to Sealy to watch this one.

44INAROW
09-12-2004, 12:00 AM
Originally posted by bb04
Yeah, Pav, this is not gonna be a contest at all. I dont even know if it's worth makin the drive all the way up to Sealy to watch this one.

Now that's the kind of thinking that get's a team in trouble.

snakebite
09-12-2004, 01:42 AM
I hope Cuero will kill Sealy in this game- in one pole, the are picked to take district 20-3A, however, in another, Navasota, is, what do y'all think?

sinfan75
09-12-2004, 09:16 AM
Cuero wins this one unless the AP jumps em up to no.1 in the polls. That top spot seems to be a bad omen for teams this year.:D

briefcase
09-12-2004, 12:27 PM
If T.J. Mills was still at Sealy you would have to go with Sealy. He once said Cuero would never beat him as long was he was coach and he proved that statement right. Cuero wins this one but not as soundly as they would like to. Cuero 28-7.

Gobbla2001
09-12-2004, 12:45 PM
Originally posted by briefcase
If T.J. Mills was still at Sealy you would have to go with Sealy. He once said Cuero would never beat him as long was he was coach and he proved that statement right. Cuero wins this one but not as soundly as they would like to. Cuero 28-7.

Yah, Mills had Sealy all to himself... They were a well oiled machine, VERY disciplined and could play awesome ball...

We came close twice when the Tigers were under mills, 17-14 in the '95 semi's (someone correct me if I'm wrong) and 10-3 in '98 reg season, but those other teams of 'his' whupped us pretty good...

Where is he now anyway? Was thinking he'd turn Permian around...

briefcase
09-12-2004, 01:41 PM
Probably would have had they given him the 5 years he said he needed to build the program. They fired him after back to back 5-5 seasons. It took him about 5 years before he went on a 4 year state run with Sealy.

punt
09-12-2004, 01:51 PM
A coach needs a few years to get his program effective but more important is a good class of kids comes along. Like the one Bellville graduated last year. Kids like that can make any coach that is fairly knowledgable about his sport look good. The real test of a program comes when you have average kids and have a winning season. The good programs never go totally to the bottom of the heap, they may not be number 1 but stay close to the top till another strong class comes along. Sure helps to have parents that keep pushing their kids to work hard.

Gobbla2001
09-12-2004, 02:00 PM
That's cool... But where is he coaching now...

I was one of the folks who felt they should have given him more time at Permian... ME saying I thought he was going to turn 'em around wasn't meaning 'what happened', it was meaning 'thought he'd be there for a while' if anything...

So, now that we're through with defensive mode, where is he coaching now?

punt
09-12-2004, 02:12 PM
Trying to remember the name of the school, south of Houston. In the Brazoria area, may be Brazoria. Someone will correct me if thats not right.

Gobbla2001
09-12-2004, 02:16 PM
Originally posted by punt
Trying to remember the name of the school, south of Houston. In the Brazoria area, may be Brazoria. Someone will correct me if thats not right.

Yah, I was thinking Houston area... Wasn't Dickinson or anything was it (or was that the rumors from before he took the Permian job?)???

You guys have any Mills comeback rumors turring in Sealy?

Tiger Turtle
09-12-2004, 03:05 PM
Mills is at LaPorte. The class of kids that Permian is winning with now came up through the junior high program under Mills' system. He told me two years ago that this year was going to be the start of something good when they would finally have the talent to compete. BTW, LaPorte is winless so far with North Shore coming up.

scotty
09-12-2004, 05:06 PM
Mills is in La Porte for the second season and took them to the playoffs for the first time in many years last season. They lost their last game but statistically it appears they were right in the game. They appear to have a good shot at the playoffs again this season.
I too think that Cuero will have much more than Sealy can handle, but the Tigers have been know to scratch pretty hard when pushed into a corner.
I don’t understand Snakebite’s view unless he is pulling for Cuero to inflict injuries to the Tiger players. I would have to guess he is from Navasota. And the way the district is shaping up it looks like the Rattlers have the best team right now.
Someone other than the folks in Sealy does the pre-season picks, so I can’t see the hostile nature there either. Coach Faldyn would have loved not to been picked first and he didn’t pick his team there on the pre-season poll.
Also wondering where it was that Snakebite saw the pre-season prediction was it nailed to a light pole, flagpole or some other pole?

BrahmaMom
09-12-2004, 09:05 PM
I have some emotion for Cuero as my college roommate's husband's dad used to coach there. However, I'm pulling for the underdogs from Austin County. Go Tigers--tear 'em up!

fullhouse
09-13-2004, 11:54 AM
bb04 ~ that'll work. We may need the extra seating. Thanks.
Go Tigers !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:D