PDA

View Full Version : New Top Ten

Hupernikomen
09-11-2004, 12:27 AM
Here's what I think...of course I haven't seen hardly any of these teams play.

1. Manor (give them a shot at keeping it)
2. Jasper
3. WO-S
4. Decatur
5. Kennadale (edited to reflect popular demand)
6. Cuero
7. Marlin
8. Gainesville
9. Gilmer
10. Barbers Hill

Honorable Mention: Vernon, Graham, Aledo--oops they are 4A now..doh, Greenwood (for you RM), Carthage, Caldwell, Perryton, Navasota (I agree they have played well.) Who else did I leave out? I only watch teams around Houston so I am sure someone else is deserving.

Probably left out somebody deserving but I tried.

WOS Mustang
09-11-2004, 12:32 AM
I would move Decatur up, and Gainesville down.

Keith7
09-11-2004, 12:37 AM
WOS is gonna lose this week too so move them down as well

Hupernikomen
09-11-2004, 12:38 AM
maybe so. Decatur's win was impressive.

Ranger Mom
09-11-2004, 12:38 AM
LOL!! Thanks -- I'm feeling the love, but Greenwood has WAY more work to do before we gain an honorable mention! I think we kinda need to win a game!!

Keith7
09-11-2004, 12:39 AM
Originally posted by Hupernikomen
maybe so. Decatur's win was impressive.
yea it really was.. they are a bada$$ team

Hupernikomen
09-11-2004, 12:40 AM
Originally posted by Keith7
WOS is gonna lose this week too so move them down as well

If they play Bay City as close as you guys played Decatur I probably will move them up a spot. :eek:

SintonFan
09-11-2004, 12:41 AM

2. Jasper
3. WO-S
4. Kennedale
5. Decatur
6. Cuero
7. Marlin
8. Gainesville
9. Gilmer
10. Barbers Hill

Honorable Mention: Vernon, Graham, Aledo, Greenwood (for you RM), Carthage, Caldwell, Perryton

Cuero at number 6?
Get real. You lost some points with me.
:thinking: :( :(
A one point win is still a win.............

Underwater Basketweaver
09-11-2004, 12:41 AM
I don't like polls, but this one thing is really starting to irk me. Did anyone see Decatur's scrimmage with Kennedale. We beat kennedale 27-uh uh, in a half of a game, and 7 touchdowns to 1 in the whole scrimmage. Would you people please stop putting them ahead of Decatur?

Chief Woodman
09-11-2004, 12:42 AM
Not reading too much into it yet. Gainesvilles win was against a TAPPS team. They may have had a huge drop in talent.
Dunbar has lost both its games...so our victory may not mean that much. (Everman beat them 14-0 tonight)

I do not think Burkburnett has won yet either. Decatur's opponents records so far combined....1-6. If Burkburnett lost tonight

Hupernikomen
09-11-2004, 12:45 AM
Originally posted by Underwater Basketweaver
I don't like polls, but this one thing is really starting to irk me. Did anyone see Decatur's scrimmage with Kennedale. We beat kennedale 27-uh uh, in a half of a game, and 7 touchdowns to 1 in the whole scrimmage. Would you people please stop putting them ahead of Decatur?

No I didn't see that scrimmage. I take your word and swap you two, hows that?

WOS Mustang
09-11-2004, 12:45 AM
Keith, you could be right, Bay City has a very good team. So, if we lose it will definitely prove that we are not better than the # 2 ranked team in 4A. We are not in 4A so that proves ........ what??? Don't be mad at us because ya'll lost.

Underwater Basketweaver
09-11-2004, 12:48 AM
That's cool, but you gotta give Graham and Abilene Wylie some credit too. Graham definitely belongs in that poll. I personally think we have our work cut out for us going to Graham next week. Graham may be better than G'ville. I'll let you know next week for sure.

Hupernikomen
09-11-2004, 12:49 AM
this is always a good game. I can't see WO-S scoring much offensively if they have to drive the length of the field against BC, but if their defense can do what WO-S is known far these could be a nail-biter.

Hupernikomen
09-11-2004, 12:50 AM
Originally posted by Underwater Basketweaver
That's cool, but you gotta give Graham and Abilene Wylie some credit too. Graham definitely belongs in that poll. I personally think we have our work cut out for us going to Graham next week. Graham may be better than G'ville. I'll let you know next week for sure.

Gave Graham and Aledo (they whooped Wylie) H.M. but I have seen Barbers Hill and no on else is giving them any love and I want to be the first to go on record and let it be known they are top ten material.

TheDOCTORdre
09-11-2004, 01:10 AM
After watchin the polls the past couple of weeks and then seein some upsets I'm starting to think that the people who run the BCS make our polls

Z motion 10 out on 2
09-11-2004, 01:59 AM
Originally posted by Chief Woodman
Not reading too much into it yet. Gainesvilles win was against a TAPPS team. They may have had a huge drop in talent.
Dunbar has lost both its games...so our victory may not mean that much. (Everman beat them 14-0 tonight)

I do not think Burkburnett has won yet either. Decatur's opponents records so far combined....1-6. If Burkburnett lost tonight

Burk won, but over a 0-3 team in Hirschi that is really terrible.

KTownBalla
09-11-2004, 02:00 AM
Go Kennedale...!

jason
09-11-2004, 07:19 AM
ok i would believe your poll but you lost all credibility when you listed aledo as an honorable mention team....you do know they're 4A right???....

and no offense RM, but Greenwood ??

DawgFan91
09-11-2004, 07:56 AM
Originally posted by WOS Mustang
I would move Decatur up, and Gainesville down.

I agree with that. Gainesville shouldn't be top 10 after that beating.

snakebite
09-11-2004, 09:44 AM
Don't you think that Navasota should at least get honorable mention by now?

JasperDog94
09-11-2004, 09:47 AM
Originally posted by SintonFan
Cuero at number 6?
A one point win is still a win............. Yeah, but anytime you give up 55 points that's gonna draw some attention. You can't give up that many points and expect to win many games.

RBARKER
09-11-2004, 09:50 AM

2. Jasper
3. WO-S
4. Decatur
5. Kennadale (edited to reflect popular demand)
6. Cuero
7. Marlin
8. Gainesville
9. Gilmer
10. Barbers Hill

Honorable Mention: Vernon, Graham, Aledo, Greenwood (for you RM), Carthage, Caldwell, Perryton

Someone actually noticed little ole Barbers Hill. Thanks Hupernikomen:D

Hupernikomen
09-11-2004, 10:56 AM
RB they deserve it.

Yeah Navasota deserves some love.

Jason, I wasn't thinking. I never claimed to be an expert. I forgot they moved up a couple years back. Now I remember them and Stephenville playing..oh well. Take them out of HM and put Navasota there.

Not like it cost anything to look at the poll and critize it. :)

Sorry about Cuero. I can't see someone who gave up that many points being any higher than what I ranked them at this point.

44INAROW
09-11-2004, 11:01 AM
Sorry about Cuero. I can't see someone who gave up that many points being any higher than what I ranked them at this point. [/B][/QUOTE]

Heck, who want's to be ranked #1 with that target on their back.

neck_06
09-11-2004, 11:29 AM
what about columbia? they moved to 3-0 last night with their second straight win against a larger 4A team.

shellman54
09-11-2004, 11:33 AM
if thats the case neck, then BH is right there, along with 25 other 3A schools

LogieJoeBean001
09-11-2004, 11:39 AM
Originally posted by neck_06
what about columbia? they moved to 3-0 last night with their second straight win against a larger 4A team.

But aren't you guys USED to playing 4a teams? You've just dropped down to 3a this year. This season will be quite interesting to say the least.

Hupernikomen
09-11-2004, 02:48 PM
Originally posted by neck_06

I am still mad at Columbia from our defeat in 87. If they beat BH in two weeks I will give them a spot in my top ten.

DawgFan91
09-11-2004, 05:44 PM
Keep your eye on Palestine. You wanted to be the first to jump on BH and I want to do the same for them. They do have another challenge this week against Jacksonville, but they have done some work these first 3 weeks.

Cuero fans, I was with you last week and giving you some Top 3 love but I agree with JasperDog94, giving up 55 doesn't look like Top 5 material with so many other teams playing well. All my love was based on the defense prior to this week. I think #6 is fair.

But Gainesville has got to go. Getting beat by 35 by another 3A team. There have got to be 9 more teams (excluding Decatur) who play better ball than that.

dawgmom
09-11-2004, 07:16 PM
I'm just glad to see you didn't put Jasper #1. With the way things have gone the past 3 weeks, noone wants to be in that spot! Third week in a row #1 has gotten beat! Thanks but Jasper would like to wait until about the second week of December to be ranked #1! :)

pavilion
09-11-2004, 11:15 PM
Originally posted by JasperDog94
Yeah, but anytime you give up 55 points that's gonna draw some attention. You can't give up that many points and expect to win many games.

yeah well if jasper played wharton im sure wharton could put up at least 35 on yall... their receivers dont miss anything, jones is one of the best qbs in the state, and flourinor is probably the best rb in the state... all he does is run people over and stiff arm the crap out of them.... and besides that maybe that game was between the real #1 and #2 teams in 3a...

DawgFan91
09-11-2004, 11:22 PM
We've been beating Wharton for as long as I can remember.

pavilion
09-11-2004, 11:23 PM
oh yeah thats right...yall killed them this year...

j_dog
09-11-2004, 11:28 PM
I am still mad at Columbia from our defeat in 87. If they beat BH in two weeks I will give them a spot in my top ten.
NEVER, NEVER, NEVER FORGET!!!! :D

j_dog
09-11-2004, 11:35 PM
Originally posted by DawgFan91
We've been beating Wharton for as long as I can remember.
I only remember Jasper and Wharton playing once in the playoffs. Jasper won 39-7 if I remember correctly. Don't remember the year. :) Oh, yes I think Jasper also beat them 15-0 or something like that back in 1982? Oh what the heck, it doesn't matter. I would just like to see them meet in the playoffs this year. :) It should be a great game!

bb04
09-11-2004, 11:36 PM
Just cause Cuero gave up 55 doesnt mean they should go down. First of all a win is a win. Second of all Wharton is probly the most underrated 3a team in the state, i gurantee it anybody they play they'll put up at least 30 or 40. Watch out for Wharton in the playoffs, i see them makin a run this year.

Z motion 10 out on 2
09-11-2004, 11:55 PM
Originally posted by bb04
Just cause Cuero gave up 55 doesnt mean they should go down. First of all a win is a win. Second of all Wharton is probly the most underrated 3a team in the state, i gurantee it anybody they play they'll put up at least 30 or 40. Watch out for Wharton in the playoffs, i see them makin a run this year.

If your talking polls, then a win is not a win. It depends on who one plays and the spread.

bb04
09-11-2004, 11:59 PM
Very true, but i still say Cuero doesnt drop. Oh well, we'll wait and see.

pavilion
09-12-2004, 12:06 AM
i wouldnt be surprised to see cuero at 5 or 6... but thats only because some people are afraid to admit wharton is any good... anyone that watched the game would know though... and they only lost by 9 to el campo... BTW el campo is the 4a team that vic memorial hopes they can beat but they end up killing vic memorial every year but right now thats every other team in the state... yeah caleb urban is awesome.... more int's than completions...lol

pavilion
09-12-2004, 12:14 AM
perryton should drop to about #69...

#1- Decatur
#2- Jasper
#3- Cuero
#4- Manor
#5- Marlin
#6- Barbers Hill
#7- Palestine
#8- WO-S
#9- Kennedale
#10- Liberty Hill
#11- Wharton

tmac
09-12-2004, 04:22 AM
i have love for WO-s but they lost already and no offense but i think the undefeateds stay atop until defeated Decatur and Cuero have looked great so far and Cuero should be top 5 and decatur at least 2 or 3

G-P King
09-12-2004, 04:49 AM
Cuero at number 6?
A one point win is still a win............. Beat em' then we will decide at that time!

Gobbla2001
09-12-2004, 05:00 PM
Not being biased at all here, I'll be straight up with you...

The problem Friday Night at Cuero/Wharton was not bad defense, it was well executed offense...

At the end of the half our guy dove and broke up a pass... A Wharton player, no, ATHLETE, caught it out of the air and ran for the TD...

Wharton players were on Cuero player's tails, Cuero players were on Wharton player's tales but the O's were just unstopable that night...

I remember one of the TD passes... Our guy was all over that Wharton guy like you couldn't believe, Jones just put a perfect touch on that ball and it just dropped right into the receiver's hands...

I just think Wharton is underrated... They lost to a tough El Campo team that made a neat run in 4A last year and then to Cuero (yah I'm saying we're a tough team)...

These guys just have it all on that O...

But, I'd really enjoy it if everyone would drop us down to like, well, 55 since we gave up that many points, I do not like seeing us ranked...

:D

bb04
09-12-2004, 05:45 PM
Thats right Gobbla. I don't think anybody can understand about this Wharton team until they actually see them play.

SintonFan
09-13-2004, 12:50 AM
Originally posted by G-P King
Beat em' then we will decide at that time!

Cuero at number 6?

A one point win is still a win.............
Do you understand the context of this post?
I'll spell it out :D :
C u e r o s h o u l d b e r a n k e d H I G H E R!
:rolleyes:

SintonFan
09-14-2004, 12:32 AM
Originally posted by G-P King
Beat em' then we will decide at that time!
Crack smokin' aren't we?
http://www.click-smilies.de/sammlung0304/spezial/Fool/ban.gif