PDA

View Full Version : West Texas 3A Scores

tors2002
09-14-2002, 01:52 AM
Lamesa over Pecos 43-26 ( I predicted Lamesa by 17 in other posts) http://bbs.3adownlow.com/ubb/smile.gif

Seminole won (cant remeber who they beat) they are 3-0 after a miserable 1-9 season and 0-10 season the last 2 years.

Wylie lost to Aledo 26-6 (score may be just off but Wylie lost)

Sanford Fritch beat Tulia (very bad)

Greenwood over Sweetwater 13-6 (Congratulations Greenwood, but all you did was tick the Stangs off for our district, lol)

That's all I heard on the radio, so if anyone has anymore West Texas or Panhandle scores please posts.

Wtx_coach
09-14-2002, 02:24 AM
Hey tors you did pick lamesa by 17 you might be the most accurate source out there lol, hey you guys have a good team, it was a tough game, Pecos came out the blocks to slow tonight, I wish we could meet you guys in the playoofs I think it would be one hell of a game, but hey good luck for the rest of the season.

Hey you guys have a good shot on winning district, from what I hear Sweetwater and Snyder is a little overrated, but I know its going to be a dog fight.

tors2002
09-14-2002, 09:56 AM
I just hope we stay out of the top 10 polls. It seems that getting put in there is the kiss of death for a lot of teams.

I wonder if Sweetwater will fall in the polls even though they have lost close ones to 2 very good teams. It will be interesting.

Ranger Mom
09-14-2002, 11:15 AM
Hey Tors,
I am not good at this kind of stuff. How would the scenario have to go for Lamesa and Greenwood to meet up in the playoffs??

vet93
09-14-2002, 11:36 AM
Lamesa is in 3-3a and Greenwood is in 4-3a I think. Therefore, if Greenwood is the #1 small school in their district and Lamesa is the #2 small school team in their district, then they would play in the first round. This is a distinct possibility. If Lamesa is the #1 small school and Sweetwater is the #2 small school then Greenwood would play Sweetwater in a rematch. This is assuming of course that Snyder and Pecos are the large school reps and another team like Merkel doesn't sneak in as a spoiler.

Originally posted by Ranger Mom:
Hey Tors,
I am not good at this kind of stuff. How would the scenario have to go for Lamesa and Greenwood to meet up in the playoffs??

Da Mules
09-14-2002, 04:45 PM
Tors, Sem'nroll is a lot better team this year than most people think. They have a good O&D line, and that sophomore running back runs like a bat out of hell. Their QB McBee has a very good arm. They will be making an impact in district play.

tors2002
09-15-2002, 03:46 AM
I agree, everyone is overlooking Seminole. I remeber them last year and they had like 16-17 starters who were jrs or soph. They played Lamesa a very good 1st half but were just worn down in the 2nd. I pick Lamesa, Seminole, and Sweetwater to make the playoffs. That would then make Lamesa the big school again. The small school bracket is so much easier even though you play one more game.