PDA

View Full Version : LaGrange score?

Mustang '89
09-10-2004, 11:37 PM
nm.

scotty
09-11-2004, 12:32 AM
La Grange usually steps it up when district play gets started, but there isn't much time left...one game.
Sealy's defense held them to no first downs and nine total yards in the second half.
Good things don't last forever and maybe La Grange fans will have to be very patient this year.
Usually you need to respect the La Grange passing game, but they surely didn't show much of a passing game tonight.
Twice La Grange went for a first on fourth down and didn't make it. I believe that the first one was the turning point in the ball game as it was in their own territory and when they didn't make it it bottled them up in their own territory the whole third quarter.
Sealy also held the Leopards after a long run gave them a first and goal from the two. They didn't score which gave the Tigers new life. Had La Grange scored, I don't believe the Tigers would have been able to come back.
Sealy does have a bit of a defense, but next Friday night against Cuero, who scored 56 points against Wharton, will tell about the Tiger defense.

fullhouse
09-11-2004, 09:26 AM
Way to go Tigers! Spirits were low going in at halftime, but they came out determined to turn things around, and they did. Defense was awesome the second half ~ we need to play like that ALL of the time though. Offense has GOT to capitalize on the opportunities we're given.
In my opinion, these two teams are pretty evenly matched this year ~ this game was a nail biter.
Good Luck to the Leps in the weeks to come.
Let's go Tigers..... Cuero comes to the jungle next week!

Pudlugger
09-11-2004, 09:40 AM
Scotty you're right as usual. The Leps looked like they would roll past the Tigers in the first few possessions but when they couldn't score from the two late in the second I got a sinking feeling in my stomach. If you don't put the Tigers away when you get the chance they will turn around and shred you. One thing that you might not have noticed is #2 Minzenmeyer our deep snapper and top receiver/db left the game early with a reinjured ankle. Without a deep snapper we blew an extra point, field goal and gave the Tigers a safety on a high snap over the punters head into the endzone. Plus Sealy scored on a beautiful pass on #34 playing cornerback for #2. I also think the fear of bad snaps had something to do with going for 4th and 2 from our 37. None the less, Sealy was clearly the better team making all the right adjustments at the half and dominating on defense. Brantly was impressive on several pass plays, punting and place kicking not to mention those two crucial keepers in the 4th quarter to seal the deal. #22 was awesome. Couldn't we have double teamed him a little? Good luck in district, maybe if this Lep team matures we'll meet agin in round one.

Bellville22
09-11-2004, 11:09 AM
Sounds like it was a good one, best of luck to both teams. I know Coach V will get that LG team where they need to be.