PDA

View Full Version : Burnet 35 Fredericksburg 6 Final

olddawggreen
09-10-2004, 11:01 PM
Sorry, not 3A but thought I would post it for those that might be interested. The score doesnt show it, but it was a hard fought game. :D :D

LH Panther Mom
09-10-2004, 11:03 PM
Of course we're interested! Congratulations on the win! How'd your son do?

j_dog
09-10-2004, 11:03 PM
Congratulations. It looks like Burnet has not missed a step in moving to 4a! :)

Old Dog
09-10-2004, 11:06 PM
Like ODG said, the game was a lot closer than the score indicated. The defense stepped up in the second half and rocked in the final quarter.

SintonFan
09-11-2004, 04:25 AM
Fredericksburg is no slouch. Great win Burnet! Congratulations!:clap:

LogieJoeBean001
09-11-2004, 06:04 AM
This is interesting. Wharton has to play Fredericksburg in a few weeks. What's the scoop on Fredericksburg anyway?

Chris Hart
09-11-2004, 08:41 AM
Fredericksburg is not very big, or very fast, but they play HARD. They can be passed on effectively, but we had our 2nd string soph QB playing and were quite conservative, he could have ate em up though(IMO)passing the ball. Their run defense is solid. Their offense really didn't show to have much big play potential, but they will grind away, and throw the slant to a TALL WR effectively.

Bandera YaYa
09-11-2004, 11:10 AM
I agree...NEVER under estimate those Billygoats.....they are always a team that will play hard until the last minute. Many...many...many years ago when I went to Kerrville Tivy, they were our biggest rival......we used to chant (would be considered politically incorrect now...) "Red makes the grass grow..Kill! Kill! " :eek:

olddawggreen
09-11-2004, 03:34 PM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
Of course we're interested! Congratulations on the win! How'd your son do?

LH Panther Mom, he had a good night, he made some good blocks and had some good passes thrown his way. It seemed that Stiffelmire was spreading the ball around to our recievers pretty good last night and most of them had a pretty good night. Thanks for asking and good luck to your guys!:D :D

LogieJoeBean001
09-11-2004, 09:16 PM
Originally posted by Chris Hart
Fredericksburg is not very big, or very fast, but they play HARD. They can be passed on effectively, but we had our 2nd string soph QB playing and were quite conservative, he could have ate em up though(IMO)passing the ball. Their run defense is solid. Their offense really didn't show to have much big play potential, but they will grind away, and throw the slant to a TALL WR effectively.

Thanks for the info, Chris. I forgot to send my congrats to you Burnet folks! Sounds like you haven't skipped a beat. Best wishes on a successful season in 4a. I admire and respect your program and community.

Chris Hart
09-11-2004, 09:22 PM
Thanks for the kudos LJB! We are wishing all our past playoff opponents the best. I remember Trey Jones(?), yalls QB, and telling my friends that kid is really going to be good. I hope yall go a long way this year. We are doing OK this year, it's just we're having to work for everything. We have some talent, and we have the coaching, so we'll see how it turns out for us. Thanks again and good luck to the Tigers!:)