PDA

View Full Version : Aledo 42 Abilene Wylie 21 (nm)

Da Mules
09-10-2004, 10:56 PM
x

wildstangs
09-10-2004, 10:58 PM
Wylie had this one tied up at 21 going into the fourth. I am impressed, Aledo has been kicking tail in 4A.

Adidas410s
09-10-2004, 11:26 PM
Im off to bed so I'm just gonna c&p my thoughts over from the Pig...great game from Aledo tonight...and its not gonna get any easier with Wylie going to Vernon, homecoming vs Graham, and then @ Decatur (im terrified after reading about the G-ville beating). Should definitely have us ready for district though...

Aledo dominated this game in 3 areas: 1) Their defensive line vs Wylie's offensive line. Wylie was definitely not used to facing a d-line that has size that can match up against them and it showed. 2) Aledo's receivers tore up Wylie's secondary. Not really in terms of speed but more in terms of size. I would say the receivers had about a 4" advantage on Wylie's small corners. 3) Penalties. Wylie KILLED themselves with penalties, ESPECIALLY on the 70 yd (approx) punt return by sophmore Gary Edwards that was called back. That kid is gonna be SPECIAL by the time he finishes HS. He has TREMENDOUS vision for a sophmore.

All in all, Wylie did well to have it tied @ 21-21 with 2 left in the 3rd. Granted, if the punt return doesnt get called back then it would have been 14-14 instead of the 21-7 that it became within 2 minutes. That 14 point swing was HUGE and even though Wylie was able to tie it up later that really took a lot out of Wylie and the crowd. Aledo played a very good game and I was really impressed by their front 7 on defense and the vision and toughness of their 2 RB's. Those guys were tough to bring down and turned a lot of losses into 5 yd gains.

Chief Woodman
09-10-2004, 11:39 PM
Originally posted by wildstangs
Wylie had this one tied up at 21 going into the fourth. I am impressed, Aledo has been kicking tail in 4A.

They lost to North Crowley last week. But no shame in losing to the defending State Champs.