PDA

View Full Version : Final: Gilmer 35 Lindale 6

Buckeyeman
09-10-2004, 10:18 PM
The Gilmer Buckeyes move to 3-0 with a 35-6 victory over the Lindale Eagles.

GO BUCKEYES!!

DawgFan91
09-10-2004, 10:20 PM
I'm a Jasper native here in Longview. How good do you feel Gilmer is? I know Lindale was hyped early, but they got crushed by Spring Hill. How do you rate Gilmer this year vs. last year's team?

Gilmer Buckeye
09-11-2004, 12:17 AM
Gilmer's defense is better than last year's. The offense is not as good yet. It is having a lot of turnovers and the offensive line is inexperienced.

LST_Terry
09-11-2004, 12:29 AM
The O-line dominated Lindale...Broadcasting the game we counted up to 9 seconds to throw at times.

Gilmer Buckeye
09-11-2004, 12:51 AM
You are right. Manuel had a lot more time to throw the ball tonight. I guess I was focused more on the snaps from center, which were a problem at times. Maybe I should say we have inexperience in shotgun snapping, which is not that easy to do.

A 29-point win is nothing really to criticize. But the coach is a perfectionist and I know he is still not satisfied with the offense.

LST_Terry
09-11-2004, 01:08 AM
Your right..not a great win..I was very unimpressed with Lindael..Gilmer gave them a chance 3 times to get in game and they couldnot

PPHSfan
09-11-2004, 12:22 PM
Did I get my radio props?:p

Buckeye80
09-11-2004, 03:41 PM
Originally posted by Gilmer Buckeye
Gilmer's defense is better than last year's. The offense is not as good yet. It is having a lot of turnovers and the offensive line is inexperienced.

This is a perfect assessment of this year's team. And "Buckeye" would you agree with me that this team might have a little more speed "Overall" than last year's team? They just might lack a little strength.
And no offense at all intended for the Lindale squad or fans, but what was the guy smokin' that ranked the Eagles pre-season #4? I know y'all had nothing to do with that, but still. I feel like last year's Lindale team could beat this year's team. JMHO

Buckeye80
09-11-2004, 03:44 PM
Originally posted by LST_Terry
The O-line dominated Lindale...Broadcasting the game we counted up to 9 seconds to throw at times.

I noticed that too. Sometimes it got a little ridiculous. We were all saying, "Run Man!!", but the Eagles seemed to be playing a scheme with a couple of spies.

Off the subject, but who is #18. He made a super catch on that "pick", and he's got some wheels and a good nose for the ball. Why doesn't he get any offensive playing time? Just curious.

LST_Terry
09-12-2004, 12:49 AM
I said it on the 3A preview show..Lindale was WAY ovverratted, and i got a ton of crap for that..so i was wrong about Gilmer-lindale game, but I was right about Lindale being put to high

Buckeye80
09-12-2004, 12:57 AM
and #18????

LST_Terry
09-12-2004, 12:58 AM
Stacey Crawford SR listed as WR/DB

Buckeye80
09-12-2004, 01:17 AM
I honestly don't see anyone in the district giving y'all any problems. Crandall is supposed to be something to some people, but I don't see them really doing anything. Wills Point and Crandall will fight it out for second and probably both be gone by the third round. I see Lindale taking out Carthage in Rd 1, but y'all won't take out Liberty-Eylau in Rd. 2.
Do you like how I have this all planned out already in week 3? I have a tin foil sculpture of the D2 Trophy with "Gilmer Buckeyes" inscribed on it on my fireplace.

LST_Terry
09-12-2004, 01:23 AM
who is y'all and what team are u talking about?

Buckeye80
09-12-2004, 01:31 AM
who is y'all and what team are u talking about?

Whoops! Sorry, had my districts mixed up.
How about this? Van will beat out Canton for second place and both will be gone by the third round. Sorry, I'm still adjusting to the almighty UIL. LOL.

LST_Terry
09-12-2004, 01:32 AM
lol..but who is y'all?

Buckeye80
09-12-2004, 01:38 AM
Again I must apologize. I got the impression from previous posts that you are a Lindale supporter. I guess in my own haste to recognize an actual Lindale supporter on this site, I got a bit ahead of myself.
I take it that you are not an Eagle alumni. Sorry for the confusion. I am dim witted after all.

LST_Terry
09-12-2004, 01:42 AM
LOL..No I am not..I work for a website that covers HS sports in East Texas..The game Friday was our LST game of the week, I was play-by-play for the game. I took a ton of stuff for saying in our Preview show that Lindale was way way overrated.

Buckeye80
09-12-2004, 01:50 AM
LOL..No I am not..I work for a website that covers HS sports in East Texas..The game Friday was our LST game of the week, I was play-by-play for the game. I took a ton of stuff for saying in our Preview show that Lindale was way way overrated.

Catch flack for speakin' the truth, and you've done nothing wrong. Lindale had no business in the top ten, but that wasn't their fault.
Off the subject, but looking at your "origin", might you be a Raider supporter? If that is the case, I offer my heartfelt frustrations to accompany your's. Everyone thought that the Red Raiders had gotten over the "hump" last year after the big win. But, they will always have a problem with Lufkin. I don't know why.
If you happen to be either a JT or TK Gorman fan, then I offer my congratulations to you!

And Lindale is still this year's (2003) Spring Hill Panthers. They'll take the highest ranking they can get, but falter in the end.

LST_Terry
09-12-2004, 01:54 AM
Nope..i moved to Tyler just a month ago, I am a good ole Marshall Maverick originally, but yes Lee had a heartbreaker.

BTW the game last night will be archived on our site tomorrow for you to listen to if ya want.