PDA

View Full Version : Barbers Hill 31 Dickinson 0

RBARKER
09-10-2004, 10:16 PM
BH beats another 4A team completely dominating the line of scrimmage. BH is playing awesome right now, Diboll is next I think the Eagles will give them a game. BH hasn't been ranked yet but they will soon. Good game Eagles take it to Diboll next week,

sahen
09-10-2004, 10:19 PM
wow...looks like yall win the district this year....way to go eagles

j_dog
09-10-2004, 10:20 PM
Congratulations BH. Ya'll are looking tough! :)

Give Diboll our regards! They can talk some trash with you! :D

hsfootballrules
09-10-2004, 10:26 PM
That was a very impressive win for the eagles

JasperDog94
09-10-2004, 10:31 PM
Originally posted by j_dog
Give Diboll our regards! They can talk some trash with you! :D Yeah they can. Speaking of Diboll, where are all the Diboll posters this year?

Old Cardinal
09-10-2004, 10:41 PM
Congrat's to BH, you must really be blessed with talent this year!

RBARKER
09-10-2004, 10:50 PM
Originally posted by j_dog
Congratulations BH. Ya'll are looking tough! :)

Give Diboll our regards! They can talk some trash with you! :D

I cant wait to talk some trash uh um football:D BH has been playing 4A and can't find anyone to discuss the games with.

BHtheHILL
09-10-2004, 10:58 PM
Old Card I have been watching the hill for a long time and this is one of the best teams we have fielded in quiet a while. And they are blessed with youth which looks good for the future.They will get the respect that is due them in time. Keep up the good work fellas and take it to Diboll!!!!

Hupernikomen
09-10-2004, 11:00 PM
I was at your game tonight RB and will talk some trash with you if you want too. :)

Good win. Seems to me that Dickinson underperformed, and like you said, BH controlled the line. D-Line for BH was very good. Defensive backfield would be your weakness if you can even call it a weakness. They also played very well. QB made a few mistakes but nothing that can't be corrected. RBs look very good especiall #37 (that is a red-headed bruiser). QB made some nice throws and is a tough runner himself. I like the Daniels receiver he is a gamer. BH knows how to make it happen, fun watching a disciplined, well-coached team.

Dickinson has some talent for sure. That strong side back and safety can bring the leather. QB just didn't quite get it going, mixed with a dropped pass or two with a fumble or two spelled doom for the gators.

Eagles52
09-10-2004, 11:17 PM
We did not at all play our best game, we should have had 31 points in the first half but we came out a little sluggish IMO. However none of that matters, we won and still havent surrendered a point at home this season, which will be a tough task to hold up against a very talented and tough Diboll team next week. Dickinson is the second team in a row we have played that enjoyed trash talk and cheap shots and we see just exactly what that gets you...a loss.

Hupernikomen
09-10-2004, 11:23 PM
As an impartial viewer I have to somewhat disagree on the cheap shot comment. Dickinson did get frustrated in the 3rd quarter and received some unsportmanlike conduct flags, but I have to say I thought there were a few times that BH was piling it on and didn't get a flag. One time after a nice tackle on a punt a BH guy ran right past the pile and laid out a gator and no flag was thrown. All and all it was a civil game (I left at beginning of 4th quarter).

Eagles52
09-10-2004, 11:35 PM
I know that I was hit with cheap shots twice and others talked about it as well so thats what I based my opinion on

Hupernikomen
09-10-2004, 11:45 PM
Hey you were out there not me. I have no idea what is being said or done on the field, but I know BH plays with and wins with class in every sport I have seen them play.

Eagles52
09-10-2004, 11:48 PM
our coaches deserve all the credit for the class on the field, they would allow nothing less, and my point to the comment earlier about the cheap shots was that trash talk and stuff like that does not and never will win a ballgame

Hupernikomen
09-10-2004, 11:50 PM
very true. I have seen a few teams who thought more highly of themselves than they should have, and all of them were promptly put in their place.

shankbear
09-11-2004, 12:00 AM
Good job. My grandparents lived on THE HILL and I used to climb the light poll at the football field that had a little scouting stand on it. Good old days at the Hill. And that old general store on the main street across from the Methodist church. Nice memories...until the gas ran everybody out!!!!!

eagle08
09-11-2004, 12:08 AM
The Hill is looking very sharp. The next two weeks will determine just how good The Hill is. Next up, Diboll, and its homecoming. Get ready for the toughest game so far Eagles. Beat them and there will be alot of eyes on ya.

exbccards76'smom
09-11-2004, 07:22 AM
Way to go BH!!! Ya'll are doing good!!

Bh Mama
09-11-2004, 11:01 AM
BH FAN'S i wish some of you BH fan's would post on the BH eteamz site also... let's face it, our site is dead... come on bh let's post on both sites, our eagles deserve your support !! :confused:

Hupernikomen
09-11-2004, 11:07 AM
Originally posted by eagle08
The Hill is looking very sharp. The next two weeks will determine just how good The Hill is. Next up, Diboll, and its homecoming. Get ready for the toughest game so far Eagles. Beat them and there will be alot of eyes on ya.

I think Carthage stole a little of BH's thunder for next week by knocking off Diboll last night. Carthage is very good. Have had some key players hurt is the word I hear.

shellman54
09-11-2004, 11:35 AM
surprised to hear that about diboll. at carthage?

Eagleman
09-11-2004, 12:44 PM
The Hill came out tonight a little sluggish, but still managed to man-handle the MASSIVE Dickinson Gators. The O-line didn't play up to their abilities, yet impressively put up 31 points, both the running and passing games could have been better. Defense played solid again and Fred Moore #88 led the team in tackles.

Koonce kicked well again.

BH will have to come out more focused against a more hungry Diboll team coming off the loss to Carthage.

Saw a new wrinkle in the offense with #84 out wide, but they didn't utilize him where they need to.

Diboll_Lumberjackk
09-11-2004, 12:58 PM
Diboll is here an accounted for :D alot graduated so youll see less this year i assure you. But i will be here to talk all that needs to be talked :D

BlackSmith
09-11-2004, 02:17 PM
Originally posted by Eagleman
Saw a new wrinkle in the offense with #84 out wide, but they didn't utilize him where they need to.

Get it to #86 and watch him juke. dont get him mad tho. #25 Koonce gives us a good weapon.

Mr.EagleToYou
09-11-2004, 02:28 PM
Dang, Koonce's leg is spring-loaded! keepkickinkoondaddy.

How good are these eagles?

Byrds defense is impenatrable and bulletproof! What about Brett Reids TD saving tackle inside the five?

Skidmores offense is as good as ever. A lot of young weapons to. BH is loaded for years.

Like Coach Price said “We played a total game on offense, defense, and special teams tonight.”

Lets not get overconfident but running, passing, kicking, stopping the run, stopping the pass -- we are playoff bound. SOAR EAGLES SOAR!

Eagleman
09-12-2004, 12:08 AM
I'm very impressed with #86, he is a spectacular athlete who has made big plays for the Eagles, yet when I watch him he hardly even sprints off the ball or hustles down field. But when he does, it seems that we have a big play. Like the swing pass on the first drive againts Dickinson. I just wish he would do that every play.