PDA

View Full Version : LH 34, Hutto 21

LH Panther Mom
09-10-2004, 09:52 PM
Less than 11:00 to go in Q4! Go Cats!!! :clap::cheerl:

6:41 to go...something's fishy - my last info said 34-21. Oh, well - we're WINNING!

SintonFan
09-10-2004, 09:57 PM
Go Cats Go!
Keep that lead!

LH Panther Mom
09-10-2004, 10:10 PM
WAY TO GO CATS!!! Maybe LH Mom will be on later with some details. WooHoo!

Chris Hart
09-10-2004, 10:16 PM
Congratulations Panthers! Nice win against a good Hutto team!:)

sahen
09-10-2004, 10:16 PM
way to go....atleast one liberty panther team won tonight!

LH Panther Mom
09-10-2004, 10:19 PM
Originally posted by Chris Hart
Congratulations Panthers! Nice win against a good Hutto team!:)

Thanks, Chris! Don't know if you saw my earlier post about Dexter dislocating his left elbow. Backup QB did a fine job picking up the slack - we scored 34 pts after he came in. (Maybe a little anger set in...)

Thanks, sahen, as well - and thanks for the pbp on Liberty game.

Chris Hart
09-10-2004, 10:25 PM
Sorry to hear about the injury to yalls QB LH Panther Mom. I hope he will be ok soon. We know exactly what that feels like. We beat Fredericksburg 35-6 tonight. Good luck against Manor next week!:)

LH Panther Mom
09-10-2004, 10:26 PM
Yeah, I saw that - I'm posting all over the place tonight. Congrats on another win!

BIG19
09-10-2004, 10:49 PM
Congrats on a great win LH. Sorry to hear about your QB situation, but it looks good on the horizon. Keep rolling!

SintonFan
09-10-2004, 10:52 PM
Congratulations on your hard-fought win Liberty Hill!:cool:

Old Dog
09-10-2004, 11:11 PM
Great win Panthers, Burnet is really rooting for you this year.

Mandy
09-10-2004, 11:31 PM
yeah, it was a good intense game. Hutto's done a real good job and all. But still nothing beats that 52 grabbin' the ball and running.

-mandy

Mustang '89
09-10-2004, 11:35 PM
He would have scored if any of the three guys next to him would have thrown a block.

WTtexanf_ball06
09-10-2004, 11:36 PM
good job LH on the big win... hope the quarterback is doing ok....... and good job to burnet... im really impressed with yall this season... i didnt know yall were gonna be this good this year... good luck on the rest of the season.... i cant wait for the wimberley vs. liberty hill game... it will be a good one....

Hookem Horns Go Texans

LH Panther Mom
09-10-2004, 11:46 PM
WooHoo - we're on the news!

LH Panther Mom
09-10-2004, 11:47 PM
AND, the LH vs Manor game is the KVUE Game of the Week!

Bandera YaYa
09-11-2004, 12:05 AM
What a great win!! Congrats LHMom!!!! Hope your QB will be better real soon!! Well, you certainly had an awesome week!! WooHoo!! :clap: :clap: :)

hutex04
09-11-2004, 12:59 AM
Well our Player of the week in Texas was out in that game. 3 defensive players out. Had to move our quarterback to running back. Not taking anything away from Liberty Hill, but we had alot going against us. I hope we can get healthy for our game against Rockdale.

hutex04
09-11-2004, 01:00 AM
I see mandy decides to show her face again

LH Panther Mom
09-11-2004, 06:30 AM
Good luck to the Hippos the rest of the season.

52madmidget
09-11-2004, 08:00 AM
Liberty Hill you have a very strong offensive as well as D. Your also one of the big games I look forward to because it's always so intense to watch you guys play. However I am a little disappointed I saw some stuff last night that I had never seen Liberty Hill players do. Liberty Hill has a wonderful program that I have always liked, but if some of your boys don't learn what that is I'm afraid in the long run that penalties will hurt you. Play hard the rest of the season would love to see ya'll in state. By the way Hutto Good Job, alot better than last year, you guys Have improved so much, stick together and stay Hungry!

LH Panther Mom
09-11-2004, 08:05 AM
Originally posted by 52madmidget
However I am a little disappointed I saw some stuff last night that I had never seen Liberty Hill players do. Liberty Hill has a wonderful program that I have always liked, but if some of your boys don't learn what that is I'm afraid in the long run that penalties will hurt you.

Sorry, since I wasn't able to attend the game, I'm not sure what you're talking about. There's no stats of the game in today's paper, other than the 729 yards rushing.

52madmidget
09-11-2004, 08:10 AM
it was just some dirty play, that i'm used to watching other teams pull and not Liberty Hill. They've always played hard and strong, they've never needed to play dirty before, I'm not saying it was all the players, because it wasn't it was just but maybe 2 or 3, which isn't bad, it's just they keep getting caught so it could hurt the rest of the team which sucks.

52madmidget
09-11-2004, 08:12 AM
by the way so sorry you couldn't make it to the game. It was very intense

LH Panther Mom
09-11-2004, 08:18 AM
it was just some dirty play, that i'm used to watching other teams pull and not Liberty Hill. They've always played hard and strong, they've never needed to play dirty before, I'm not saying it was all the players, because it wasn't it was just but maybe 2 or 3, which isn't bad, it's just they keep getting caught so it could hurt the rest of the team which sucks.

Play dirty? Maybe you should explain. I find that hard to believe, but if it was the case, I'm sure those guys will hear about it this morning. If there were penalties called for unsportsman-like conduct, EVERY team has those occasionally.

52madmidget
09-11-2004, 08:31 AM
but Grabbing a facemask and twisting the kids head around?

LH Panther Mom
09-11-2004, 08:47 AM
That's why there are penalties. For the record, in the 8th grade A game Thursday night, one of the Hippos did the exact same to one of our runners. Intentional face mask penalties are stupid, avoidable penalties, but playing dirty? Playing dirty is when you kick someone who is down on the field, etc. Before you accuse our players of that, you better have something better than that to back up your statement. :mad:

52madmidget
09-11-2004, 09:16 AM
WHoa you don't need to get so angry, Go back and read a few post especially the one that says Liberty Hill has a great program. Sorry to offend you but maybe I expected to much because the Liberty Hill panthers I knew, wasn't a team that was or wanted to be known for "unsportsman like conduct" but hey if your ok with your team going out that way, then that's your perogative but that's the last thing I would expect from a fan. You want to talk about kicking them when there down, well you had a player last night who did that, I was just giving one example not all. Also I think unsportsmans like conduct, playing dirty it's all the same. I'm not saying other teams don't do it, I just expected more from Liberty Hill, they've always been a no talk, all show team that I had a lot of respect for. I just hope that such a great team and such a great program will not be lost for a simple few.

LH Panther Mom
09-11-2004, 09:23 AM
You get me wrong - unsportsmanlike conduct is unacceptable as far as I'm concerned. (Okay, well there was that one penalty we got a couple of years ago against Burnet based on excessive celebration, but that's another story.) Since I was not at the game, I can neither confirm nor deny, but as I said, if that is the case, I know the coach will let those guys know about it.

Mandy
09-11-2004, 12:33 PM
I see mandy decides to show her face again

and you care why? I'm not here for any of you wankers in the first place, I'm here for my own being. Anyways, 52madmidget when the hell did you get that name? I love you though.

-mandy

hutex04
09-11-2004, 12:40 PM
I personaly can't stand Liberty Hill, as a fan They have very rude fans. That's why I want Hutto to beat them so bad. But, im sure they have some great fans, but the ones i have encountered were not nice at all.

LH Panther Mom
09-11-2004, 12:52 PM
Sorry you feel that way. :(

hutex04
09-11-2004, 01:33 PM
You're great Mom, its just a few of the students ;)

LH Panther Mom
09-11-2004, 01:41 PM
I don't want to sound cliche, but kids will be kids. They learn what they're exposed to & unfortunately, many times the behavior is learned at home.

LHMom
09-11-2004, 07:37 PM
Hi All. I'm a little late posting about the LH/Hutto game. Now that my oldest is not playing, he beats me to the computer!

The Panthers again played sloppy in the first half. As far as the face-masks being "dirty", those were MISTAKES. I am certain that no one does that intentionally. One example, #21 had your quarterback for about 10-15 yard loss, it only hurt US.

The team held their composure after losing our QB, and played strong in the second half. Still work to be done if we want to live up to some of the expectations.

Someone asked about the score of 21 or 20 for Hutto. It was 20 due to a blocked extra point. LH missed a couple, but went for two on one score and made. (Gee, why didn't we call that particular play last week! Ha Ha)

All three RB's were strong. Not even one pass attempted. We just do what we do well!
GO PANTHERS!!

Mandy
09-12-2004, 03:14 AM
As far as the face-masks being "dirty", those were MISTAKES.

THAT's an excuse I should have used when I was younger and beating up my little brother. It was simply ALL mistakes.

-mandy

52madmidget
09-12-2004, 09:40 AM
Sorry but last time I checked everyone who knows at least one thing about Football knows that you can not facemask anyone. Also when you tackle someone you don't go for the head, so if you facemask it's not a mistake, it's intentional, and could seriously injure a Kid. I'm sure all of the kids who have serious neck injurys and who can not play football anymore(if they can even walk) will understand it was a mistake. Learn your game.
Mistake=missing a tackle
Mistake= fumble
Mistake=calling the wrong play

Mandy
09-12-2004, 11:38 AM
you also forgot...

Mistake= pretending to know what you're talking about

-mandy

hutex04
09-12-2004, 04:40 PM
Liberty Hill thought they would let their frustration out on Hutto over losing to Burnet. Manor will beat Liberty Hill next week :)

LH Panther Mom
09-12-2004, 05:07 PM
Mandy & 52madmidget,

Sometimes I blow off comments like yours; sometimes I wait awhile to decide if it's worth bothering with or not. This is neither of those times.

I'm not sure exactly who you're talking to about not knowing about football. I don't know either of your ages, but I'm fairly certain that I have attended more live football games in my life than you will be able to watch on a Sunday afternoon for the next 10 years, so you probably don't want to go down this road with me.

Face mask penalties are worth 15 yards - there's a reason for that; someone could get hurt pretty seriously. Does it signify playing dirty? Not necessarily. It is possible to make a grab for someone's jersey and grab their face mask by mistake. If the back is running full speed, his head will turn around. If it does mean playing dirty, then someone needs to let your 8th grade A team know this is the case, since the same thing happened in our game against them.

I have never condoned being a poor sport before, during or after a game. My kids can testify to this. Don't be a poor sport about losing, it does not bode well for the reputation of your fans. I am very excited for our team, but if we had lost the game against Hutto, I would be gracious. Your team has some great players.

Mandy
09-12-2004, 06:34 PM
Now, Ms. Panther Mom as if I'd speak for 52madmidget on any of this. Whether one knows as much football as you or how to balance a bike on their forehead it doesn't matter what you exactly KNOW about football really I think. I think it depends on how you PLAY. And thus you being a mother and probably only setting foot out on the field in the early 70's to play powderpuff [if that's even the correct spelling] but yeah...I could possibly care less how your boys played or how hutto played. In general they both played a very intense and surprising game. I'm not here to argue with you on any terms, although my age and what I know on my end are my own business because I don't see the point in playing grab bum in saying, "I KNOW MORE THAN YOU" Blah blah blah that's more childish than giving you a piece of my mind. But we grow up in a world of opinions right? I've given you enough respect to have yours, now please off my back and give me mine.

I'm just curious though how many times was Liberty Hill called on Unsportsman like conduct?

-mandy

Gobbla2001
09-12-2004, 06:36 PM
Originally posted by Mandy
Now, Ms. Panther Mom as if I'd speak for 52madmidget on any of this. Whether one knows as much football as you or how to balance a bike on their forehead it doesn't matter what you exactly KNOW about football really I think. I think it depends on how you PLAY. And thus you being a mother and probably only setting foot out on the field in the early 70's to play powderpuff [if that's even the correct spelling] but yeah...I could possibly care less how your boys played or how hutto played. In general they both played a very intense and surprising game. I'm not here to argue with you on any terms, although my age and what I know on my end are my own business because I don't see the point in playing grab bum in saying, "I KNOW MORE THAN YOU" Blah blah blah that's more childish than giving you a piece of my mind. But we grow up in a world of opinions right? I've given you enough respect to have yours, now please off my back and give me mine.

-mandy

You're not here to argue, just to insult her, eh?

Mandy
09-12-2004, 06:38 PM
No, why would I want to insult her? Sure my post come off sarcastic, but you need to not put a tone to someones post because its how you percieve them to be like. She gave me a piece of what's on her mind, I gave her mine. It's fair I suppose. I'm not here to insult any of the players or their parents--like I've said previously, They BOTH did a good job. And I only wish them more success.

-mandy

Gobbla2001
09-12-2004, 06:48 PM
I'll raise my hand and say that I facemasked someone before... And it was a personal foul (of course I didn't play D much, but it was a blow-out, JV)...

I'm chasing down the QB, really zoned in on getting this guy...

He stops, turns, and stars to go back my way but tries to swing around me...

Here I am, in the heat of the momment with nothing to do but reach for whatever I can get...

The QB is running low so I pop him in the facemask...

I've been chasing this turd for what seemed like ann eternity and I was desperate to bring him down...

Now, not on purpose, but just doing anything I could, I closed my hand around his facemask and pulled, then let go after I realized what I was trying to tackle him by...

I didn't get him but he was tackled shortly...

Didn't matter, they got their 15 yards...

The reason you are given such a stiff penalty on these types of things is because they are dangerous and can seriously injure a player...

The flag is not thrown because you're a dirty player, it is thrown to punish your team for the MISTAKE you made...

If LH was ONLY tackling by the facemask that night and had more than TWO OR THREE (come on, that's chicken crap compared to what I've seen in some games), I'd understand your ragging...

These 17 year old and unders's can't buy cigarettes, can't buy alcohol, cannot buy scratch-offs etc... yet we expect them to be 'perfect' when playing at a 100 mph pace...

The funny thing? These 'two or three' penalties wouldn't have come up if Hutto would have won...

Grow up, realize this is football and it is a tough sport (DUH, that's why they're wearing so much dang protection) not chess...

Mandy
09-12-2004, 06:52 PM
No really! I thought they were simply playing battle ship. Any idiot knows that football is a hard sport. Physically as well as mentally. Anything can happen, but if the intentions are on purpose then that's not playing fairly, but simply playing dirty.

-mandy

Gobbla2001
09-12-2004, 06:57 PM
No, why would I want to insult her? Sure my post come off sarcastic, but you need to not put a tone to someones post because its how you percieve them to be like. She gave me a piece of what's on her mind, I gave her mine. It's fair I suppose. I'm not here to insult any of the players or their parents--like I've said previously, They BOTH did a good job. And I only wish them more success.

-mandy

Well excuse me, I'm here reading words, I HEAR no tone, so I pick up what I can from READING your post and stick a tone to it, if I didn't do that, what would be the point of reading it?

You need not leave stuff that has a questionable 'tone' to it if you expect it to fly by with little or no resistance...

(lemme guess, you're 'putting a tone' to my reply? hypocrit!)

Mandy
09-12-2004, 06:59 PM
unless that tone reminds you of Bob Ross then no. And hypocrite? Nah, no hypocrite here...I'm more of a contradictor ;)

-mandy

Gobbla2001
09-12-2004, 07:00 PM
No really! I thought they were simply playing battle ship. Any idiot knows that football is a hard sport. Physically as well as mentally. Anything can happen, but if the intentions are on purpose then that's not playing fairly, but simply playing dirty.

-mandy

I agree, it is dirty if the intentions are one purpose... But unless the ref says:

"Personal Foul, facemask on the defense, player said he did it on purpose and thought about it before doing it, meaning he didn't wanna tackle him anywhere else but the facemask because he wants to play dirty, 15 yard penalty, FIRST DOWN!"

how do you know?

LH Panther Mom
09-12-2004, 07:03 PM
Mandy, you do have a right to your opinion. And yes, I played powderpuff football, but it was not the early 70's, it was the late 70's. My comment on knowledge was based on "Mistake= pretending to know what you're talking about".

Since, as I said before, I was not at the game, I do not know how many times we received penalties for unsportsmanlike conduct. I will say that unless you were the Panther player that received the face mask penalty, you do not know for a fact that it was intentional.

I appreciate your opinion & wish Hutto the best. :)

Mandy
09-12-2004, 07:05 PM
I should have written just kidding next to my Mistake comment. Hopefully you didn't take that as a personal attack. And Mr. Gobble man... I could careless what a ref says really. Just give me a good football game to watch. And Panther, where did you play powderpuff football?

-mandy

Gobbla2001
09-12-2004, 07:07 PM
I should have written just kidding next to my Mistake comment. Hopefully you didn't take that as a personal attack. And Mr. Gobble man... I could careless what a ref says really. Just give me a good football game to watch. And Panther, where did you play powderpuff football?

-mandy

Well, the tone I am now picking up is that of a person who does not want to argue and get involved in personal attacks...

Forgiven you are...

And I kinda like Mr. GobblE!

Hey, everyone, start calling me that...

52madmidget
09-12-2004, 07:10 PM
ok LH panther mom unless you are LH MOM, then i was not talking to you. Lets get things straight first, Don't get upset with me over Hutto's Jr. High or any other Jr. High for that matter, I don't know any one in Jr. High. Jr. High kids play like that because their immature, they are just learning about the game and don't know any better, I expect that out of Jr. High kids, I expect it out of popwarner kids. Highschool boys should know better. Secondly being a poor sport, I don't think so, go back read the post word for word s-l-o-w-l-y read the part where i'm singing LH praises for what a great program i've always thought they have had, and I how i feel bad that it could be lost to a few players. Saying that is being honest not a poor sport. Sorry but grabbing a facesmask is being dirty, I think, and your theory about going for a jersey and then grabbing a mask, please, thats lame. Last time i checked the mask wasn't worn in the middle of the chest. However, what i'd like to know is why your getting so hot headed and so defensive, you weren't even at the game! You really need to read the post I think you think i'm talking about the LH team I'm not I wouldn't say anything against such a hard working team. I'm talking about 2 maybe 3 kids who could mess things up for an entire program, and I'm not even saying anthing that horrible against them, except don't take cheap shots because that is not what your program has ever been about, and don't ruin it for the rest of the team because your frustrated or youre trying to be MR. Joe Cool. Plus yeah 15 yards to you that might not be alot but 15 yards adds up, and 15 yards could mean win or lose. In this game noone can stand to lose 15 yards. You also shouldn't act as if you are the only parent or the only adult on this page, because your not, so just because my screen name doesn't say mom on it, doesn't mean that i'm not an adult just like you. Plus doesn't matter how many games you've seen, all that matters is that you know the game, if you don't know your game what does it matter if you've seen thousands. Plus Hutto in no way lost to Liberty Hill, they showed up to the game, and they played their hearts out, and fought to the finish. Out scored yes. Lost the game, No!

Mandy
09-12-2004, 07:15 PM
nah, Mr. Gobble it was just a comment taken out of context. I should be more clear with what I say around here either adding a "haha" or "Just kidding" or "Please throw me down a five story building" "Put me out of my misery" etc.

hehe.

how's that? I tried it out

-mandy

Gobbla2001
09-12-2004, 07:16 PM
nah, Mr. Gobble it was just a comment taken out of context. I should be more clear with what I say around here either adding a "haha" or "Just kidding" or "Please throw me down a five story building" "Put me out of my misery" etc.

hehe.

how's that? I tried it out

-mandy

I like it Miss Mandy!

Mandy
09-12-2004, 07:18 PM
you're hitting on me aren't you.

-ms. mandy

Gobbla2001
09-12-2004, 07:19 PM
you're hitting on me aren't you.

-ms. mandy

No, I'm being nice...

Ms. Mandy!

52madmidget
09-12-2004, 07:21 PM
Gobbla had Hutto out scored LH, I still would have said somthing. I'm not sure how much you know about LH's program, but I don't want to see something that has taken so long to get to where it's at be dragged down by a couple of kids. The coaches and the older boys, and some of the parents for that reason have worked to hard to get that program where it's at. I've been around for a long while i've seen alot of High School programs, LH is one of the tops, just like Burnet and schools like that you don't ever want to see go down, and all it takes is one to hurt you.

Mandy
09-12-2004, 07:25 PM
haha Mr. Gobble

^look I did it again! Yay for expressing emotions

-ms. mandy

Gobbla2001
09-12-2004, 07:25 PM
Gobbla had Hutto out scored LH, I still would have said somthing. I'm not sure how much you know about LH's program, but I don't want to see something that has taken so long to get to where it's at be dragged down by a couple of kids. The coaches and the older boys, and some of the parents for that reason have worked to hard to get that program where it's at. I've been around for a long while i've seen alot of High School programs, LH is one of the tops, just like Burnet and schools like that you don't ever want to see go down, and all it takes is one to hurt you.

I can see you respect the program a great deal, I just think we disagree on what 'is' and what 'is not' dirty play...

Oh, and that's 'Mr. Gobble' ;)

Gobbla2001
09-12-2004, 07:26 PM
haha Mr. Gobble

^look I did it again! Yay for expressing emotions

-ms. mandy

That's just awesome...

Mandy
09-12-2004, 07:29 PM
I'm being a hypocrite and taking that as sarcasm.

-ms. mandy

Gobbla2001
09-12-2004, 07:30 PM
I'm being a hypocrite and taking that as sarcasm.

-ms. mandy

Oops, sorry, but it wasn't... Let me try it again?

That's awesome ha!

???

Mandy
09-12-2004, 07:37 PM
hahahaha you're funny

-ms.mandy

Gobbla2001
09-12-2004, 07:38 PM
hahahaha you're funny

-ms.mandy

That was sarcastic, wasn't it?:confused:

Mandy
09-12-2004, 07:41 PM
no...neither is this post.

mandy

Gobbla2001
09-12-2004, 07:43 PM
Cool :D (not being sarcastic)

Mandy
09-12-2004, 07:44 PM
kewl. [neither am i]

mandy

52madmidget
09-12-2004, 07:52 PM
Gobbla where did you get the chris farley thing i need that!

Gobbla2001
09-12-2004, 07:53 PM
Gobbla where did you get the chris farley thing i need that!

I forget, there are a few of him somewhere... I just went to google and searched 'chris farley buddy icons' or something like that (for my AOL IM)...

LH Panther Mom
09-12-2004, 08:12 PM
52madmidget, my knowledge does not come from sitting in the stands at thousands of games. It comes from watching game film (yes, in those days it was film) most weeks in the living room with my dad, who was a coach. I'm proud of my knowledge because it came from him, but in no way am I implying that I have more knowledge than any other poster on this board.

I'm not hot headed nor upset. Of course junior high kids are learning the game, otherwise it would be an incredibly sad sight to watch Friday night varsity games when not one player had a clue what was going on. Oh, wait - I've been to one of those also. :D My oldest played football 6 years. During that time, he had one unsportsmanlike conduct penalty called on him. It's been so long, I think he was in 8th grade at the time. I don't even remember what it was for, but after the game I looked at him...did not even have to say a word, he just knew what I was thinking. His response was that was the stupidest thing he ever could've done, but he had gotten mad. We had a long conversation about it & he never got another.

Hey, I'm a football fan, just like you. Sometimes a little controversy can liven up the board. Enjoy your Hippos - they are a team to be proud of. :D

Gobbla2001
09-12-2004, 08:14 PM
:inlove: :kiss: :inlove: :kiss: :inlove: :kiss: :inlove: :kiss: :inlove:

LH Panther Mom
09-12-2004, 08:18 PM
You are a hoot, Mista Gobbla. :kiss: (Watch out, YaYa might get jealous.) ;)

Gobbla2001
09-12-2004, 08:20 PM
"Love is in the airr, everywhere (or is it every time?) I look arounnnnnnddd"

LH Panther Mom
09-12-2004, 08:21 PM
And Panther, where did you play powderpuff football?

-mandy

Crosbyton - it's in West Texas. (And, for the record, I happen to love sarcasm when I recognize it.) :)

Mandy
09-12-2004, 08:31 PM
hehe. That's cool. My mom played powderpuff in highschool. And my existance is pretty sarcastic...depending on my mood buahah

mandy

Gobbla2001
09-12-2004, 08:32 PM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
Crosbyton - it's in West Texas. (And, for the record, I happen to love sarcasm when I recognize it.) :)

Unlike me, my mother started :(

bulldogman06
09-12-2004, 09:00 PM
great job LH. and great job to Burnett too, this new district is still gonna be tough without yall, good luck with 4a!