PDA

View Full Version : Behold... The Bridgeport Bulls...

slpybear the bullfan
12-09-2001, 01:32 AM
Tonight's game at Southlake was absolutely terrific! Final Score, Bridgeport 35 Kennedale 28.

Here is the quick summary...

Kennedale has a quick 3 and out to start the game, Bport gets the ball and scores. Kennedale scores on next possession, (Man, what a GREAT running team). Bport takes the next drive and can't convert on a 4th down deep inside Kennedale territory. Kennedale takes over and drives again, scores again, 14-7 Cats. Bport gets the ball and drives hard. On a big pass over the middle, Bport receiver loses ball, Kennedale recovers and drives. Going into the half, 21-7 Kennedale.

Second half... Bport rips off 21 unanswered pts, utilizing the usual mix of pass, runs, and draws up the middle. Bport was driving for a fourth second half TD when the QB (Daugherty), tosses a pick. Kennedale drives and scores again, now the score is all tied at 28 with 4 mins to play.

Bridgport drives the field and scores, (35-28) and kicks off with 2:07 to play. Kennedale starts near their own 20, with 2 timeouts to help. They drive on down slowly and the play of the drive is a 3 and 11 near midfield. The QB scrambles and throws a beaut down to the 8 that appears to be an interception, (the defender and receiver were fighting over it). The ref gave the ball to Kennedale on a controversial call, (have to watch that tomorrow on the replay), and so the game came down to 1st and goal on the 8 with 40 seconds on the clock.

Four attempts to score... Four times the defense holds. The last play was a heart stopping pass to a receiver who is open-field tackeled on the 2 yard line. Wow!!!

Bridgeport won the game 35-28. I have to hand it to the Bull's defense. The didn't stop Kennedale too much in the first half, but came out and played great in the second.

My hat goes off to both teams; the quality of playoff football is outstanding and neither of these two teams disappointed. If you paid to see this game, you definitely got your money's worth.

Looking ahead to Commerce... I have read about Commerce a lot on the board. You probably haven't read a whole lot about Bridgeport on the board. So...

We are 9-5 and get overlooked. We played two 4A schools and a 5A school in predistrict. In district, we played both Vernon and Graham. In the playoffs, we have seen Balinger, Hillsboro, Crane, and Kennedale. We are a hot offensive team that runs the spread and have a defense that is taking care of business well enough to win. The QB has passed for 4,000+ yards this year to several receivers and both he and the running back keep the defense honest with a nice ground game.

I am looking forward to seeing Bulls Vs. Commerce at Pennington next Friday. It should be a great game.

Congratulations to all of the HS players who put on the pads this year. It is great to see kids get out and play their a#@ off for nothing more than pride. Good Job!

Congrats to the Bulls, Region 1 - 3ADiv2 Champs!

Let's get 'em Bulls!

BullsFan
12-09-2001, 01:52 AM
Great recap, slpybear. You said it all and more.

Go Bulls!

slpybear the bullfan
12-09-2001, 02:00 AM
Well, you know BullFan, I had TONS of help rooting on those Bulls. My "co-fans" are pretty kewl and keep me in line. Although my two year old fan can get distracted by lights sometimes, <Grin>.

Hey, I didn't know YOU were BullFan. Now I need to go back and read what intelligent things you said, LOL.

Let's keep the board lit up, I also post over on the allsports.com boards. They are pretty good too.

Let's watch the game tomorrow and see if we came up with that late catch or not. Woody wants to see it as well.

Sleepy Bear

BullsFan
12-09-2001, 02:13 AM
Sleepy Bear, everything I say is intelligent. http://bbs.3adownlow.com/ubb/wink.gif

And your two-year-old was more distracted by the mini-jumbotron than anything else tonight. But it's all good. (Southlake has a great stadium...)

I don't know about allsports, but I love this board. Great knowledge base among most of the posters. I've really enjoyed spending time here, although I lurk more than anything else.

Go Bulls!

slpybear the bullfan
12-09-2001, 02:27 AM
I hear you on the stadium. I just posted over on the other board that that was hands down the best 3A or 4A stadium I have ever played at, watched at, or otherwise visited. Great facilities, classy people, Southlake is blessed.

And for the record, Mrs. Bear did not have to be told tonight to put her hand up for the school song at the end of the game. I think she is more excited than me about Region Champs. I think its safe to say she has finally become a heifer... er... maybe that isn't safe to say. Let's just say she is now a bull fan, LOL.

SintonFan
12-10-2001, 02:42 AM
LOL! Very sly, slybear! My wife would 'enjoy' reading that. LOL!

ragingbullsfan
12-10-2001, 07:57 PM
You can't stop 'em! You can only hope to contain 'em. Culmination!!! GO BULLS!

------------------

slpybear the bullfan
12-10-2001, 10:07 PM
Oh yeah Raging... I think you have that right on the money... LOL. And the only question I have for you is... ARE YOU READY TO ROCK?! LOLOLOL

SINTONFAN, thanks for the reply. You obviously know where I am coming from on that one. My wife was/is/still an Alvord Bulldog. I was joking with her about my high school days one time. I made the statement that we used to kid the girls' teams when I played and called them the Heifers. She laughed and said that wasn't so bad. She said when the guys cheered them on, (The "Lady Bulldogs") , they called them the Alvord Bitc#@s. LOL. I had to really laugh at that one. Perhaps I need to start a thread called most funny Mascot name alterations...

By the way, Can your game get any better this weekend? Undefeated playing undefeated! WOW!

Go Bulls!

[This message has been edited by slpybear the bullfan (edited December 10, 2001).]

Owen B
12-10-2001, 10:34 PM
slpybear, "heifer" isn't bad. Just don't ever call her a cow. You'll be sleeping in the barn (or worse).

eye of the tiger
12-11-2001, 10:23 AM
There is a good article in the Fort Worth Star-Telegram about Bridgeport today.
http://web.star-telegram.com/content/fortworth/2001/12/11/sportszone/fw010902-1211-XD012-2.htm