PDA

View Full Version : Gobbla and Victoria area Fans

underware
09-10-2004, 11:45 AM
Yoakum Frosh played Victoria Memorial Frosh last night. I couldn't believe the size Victoria had. Yoakum won 47-0. What's the deal with Victoria? I mean, a huge school like that you would think could fair better? Let me know?

Old Green
09-10-2004, 01:12 PM
Don't really know. They have the talent, but can't seem to get it together. My nephew was the starting safty for them last year. They started out strong and just fizzled at the end with injuries and illnesses to several players.

Coach Campbell seems to be a good coach. Tonight he is going to use a offense that is better suited to the skill of the players. I hope it helps them out.

CowboyFan
09-10-2004, 01:44 PM
Yeah on paper Victoria looks like a power house, but at least on varsity I know they had to dismiss some of the players from the team this year. So looks like another down year for victoria unless they can pull together and start playing like team and step it up.

bd62
09-10-2004, 01:49 PM
i understand victoria has 3 freshmen teams. this was there c team.i am sure the other 2 are lots better.

Old Green
09-10-2004, 01:50 PM
YeaH I know a couple of the players personally. I could not belief that about one of though. But it happens. He got mixed up with the wrong crowd. I think he has learned is lesson .

IHStangFan
09-10-2004, 02:11 PM
Originally posted by Old Green

Coach Campbell seems to be a good coach. Tonight he is going to use a offense that is better suited to the skill of the players. I hope it helps them out. that says it all right there...you cant go changing your offense from week to week...the kids wont have a chance to learn it and get it down.....Ingleside has had this problem in the past few years. everyone knows most of your good programs start teaching the kids an O and a D in peewee and they play the same scheme through HS. by the time they get to HS they know it by heart.

Old Green
09-10-2004, 02:21 PM
Originally posted by IHStangFan
that says it all right there...you cant go changing your offense from week to week...the kids wont have a chance to learn it and get it down.....Ingleside has had this problem in the past few years. everyone knows most of your good programs start teaching the kids an O and a D in peewee and they play the same scheme through HS. by the time they get to HS they know it by heart.
Yeah ,it is not a good Idea to change your offense and defense in the middle of the season. Coach Campbell has only been in Victoria a year. He got the head coaches job like in May of last year. He didn't have enough time impliment is idea 's. Last year for a couple of games they did good till illnesses and injuries took over.

They have played good defense this yearand have only given up about 30 points while going 0 - 2.

Offense is a different story. The lone returning player with playing time was suspened for two weeks but is back now. So they basicly had no offensive players back. Maybe this why he is changing it.

briefcase
09-12-2004, 01:19 PM
Until Victoria gets the community involved and behind them and get rid of all the politics they will never be successful.

Gobbla2001
09-12-2004, 01:24 PM
Yah, a few years ago our fish played one of their JV's and beat 'em 40-20 or something... They don't play with as much heart as our guys (cuero and yoakum and countless others in this area) do, fruit of the looms...

Either way that's a great victory against all of that size...

scrub c
09-12-2004, 07:47 PM
Originally posted by briefcase
Until Victoria gets the community involved and behind them and get rid of all the politics they will never be successful.

yup, and they need to split it in to two schools like it used to be.

crabman
09-12-2004, 09:16 PM
A lot of people think that 3 4A schools would be the best option of all. That way you wouldn't have the haves and have nots. It would be closer to equal. You could have 1400 kids per school.

pavilion
09-12-2004, 09:24 PM
people in victoria really dont like each other very much so im not too surprised to see them have a sorry team every year since they consolidated. we played their freshman b team a couple of years ago and beat them 34-0... could have been a lot worse but the coaches decided it was enough and our 2nd and 3rd string D still stopped their "offense". Victoria High had some good teams and Stroman always had the good players VH needed to go deep in the playoffs so consolidating should have made them a great team but it just shows that no matter how much talent a team has, they wont ever being any good unless they can play together