PDA

View Full Version : Bridge City

3Aroy
10-10-2001, 07:49 PM
It is a shame that both teams have to sit through three district blowouts before we get to see the Newton v Bridge City game. http://bbs.3adownlow.com/ubb/rolleyes.gif I know it isn't a good thing to look ahead, but it is hard not to. This game will feature two teams that are loads better than last year. In my mind, both teams should be able to make it to the D1 and D2 state games. I did an awful lot of looking down the road in this post! http://bbs.3adownlow.com/ubb/eek.gif
PLEASE FORGIVE ME!
http://bbs.3adownlow.com/ubb/tongue.gif

[This message has been edited by 3Aroy (edited October 10, 2001).]

southeastfootball
10-11-2001, 12:02 AM
Well it is sad for newton to have such a weak district after they will just plain out whip bridge city this year sorry but if bc losses to vidor and newton beats ozen it is a no brainer

Old Cardinal
10-11-2001, 12:38 PM
Mr. Southeast Tx, Mr. 3ARoy is very accurate-its two good teams meet-it could go either way. Maybe you might be showing your amateur status my ragging the Vidor team that Bridge City tied....Vidor has 1800+ students. One of the top head coaches in 4A in Jeff Matthews. They have a 4-1 record against good 4A teams-beating Nederland & Port Neches-Groves recently. B City just beat an undefeated 4-A LCM teams last week. Others include Silsbee(4A), Kelly(5A size) and Liberty (3A).....Sorry I disagree, but I Coached Jeff Matthews for 3 years when he was a boy, and Vidor is a great turnaround story-in the Playoffs last year and will be potent in the 4A playoffs this year! Losing a 21-21 tie by a overtime field goal does not deserve a ragging for either team...Newton did a great job in playing Ozen; however I also admire the Ozen Coaching staff-they could have kicked an extra point and tie Newton and headed for overtime; instead they went for two and lost the game. Vidor lost in the playoffs last year in the same way-not settling for a tie-that's what football is all about!

southeastfootball
10-11-2001, 05:42 PM
I am not saying that vidor is a bad team but they are not a beaumont ozen i dont think they could even play with in 10 points of ozen and besides them all bc has beat is a very bad liberty team and a lcm team that has not played anyone and a beaumont kelly game that lost to hamshire fannett

Old Cardinal
10-11-2001, 09:29 PM
Southeast: Your perception abilities are similar to your grammer.

3Aroy
10-11-2001, 11:08 PM
Sure Newton beat a good team, but lets pretend like nothing has happened yet. This week is when the games start to really matter. Everything else was for practice!

Old Cardinal
10-12-2001, 09:09 AM
Good analogy 3ARoy, I agree! It is interesting that because Newton and Bridge City are a little stronger than most all of a sudden 21-3A has weak other members....Coach Flanagin in Orangefield and others are trying to upgrade their competition in preseason; but they can already compete well with most of the State 3A ball teams.....3ARoy, did you notice that I misspelled "grammar" in the previous reply to Southeast, trying to give him another hammer to swing-he must have missed it.

BH_146
10-12-2001, 04:30 PM
It is interesting that because Newton and Bridge City are a little stronger than most all of a sudden 21-3A has weak other members.... From Old Cardinal

3A Roy and I have had discussed this before on this board. So, it is not all of a sudden.

[This message has been edited by BH_146 (edited October 12, 2001).]

Old Cardinal
10-12-2001, 10:08 PM
Mr. Barbers Hill its 10;00 PM and I just heard that Hamshire-Fannett was beating Barbers H. easily.....was the radio right?

BH_146
10-13-2001, 12:25 AM
Check my comments on the post by RBarker.