View Full Version : Jordan Shipley 2, Juvenile Delinquents 0

Gobbla2001
11-11-2003, 07:47 PM
Newsmakers

Shipley uses speed; Scared straight on the base paths

STAFF AND WIRE REPORTS

Tuesday, November 11, 2003

Don't even think of running

Burnet All-State wide receiver Jordan Shipley, one of the fastest high school football players in Texas, completed the regular season Friday night with a Central Texas-leading 67 receptions, but his most impressive catches came Saturday night.

Burnet Coach Bob Shipley, Jordan's father, lives near Burnet High School, and noticed some "juvenile delinquents" loitering, smoking and yelling obscenities on campus. Bob Shipley, also the school's athletic director, told them to leave the property, but they returned 45 minutes later. Coach Shipley called the police to report the trespassers. The boys ran in all directions when they saw police, and two of them ran near the Shipleys' home.

"Not wanting to take all the glory, I asked Jordan to catch them, and Jordan caught them in no time," Bob Shipley said.

The 6-foot, 180-pound senior, who has made a verbal commitment to play at the University of Texas, held one of them in a headlock until police arrived.

Before police took over, Coach Shipley said, one of the boys told Jordan, "I think I could have given you a better race back before I started smoking when I was a sophomore."

He then turned to his friend and said, "Do you know who this is that just ran us down?" The friend replied, "Yeah, just our luck."

-- Rick Cantu

Chief Woodman
11-11-2003, 07:50 PM
He's lucky one of them did not have a gun. Too many folks have been shot doing just that.

sinfan75
11-11-2003, 07:50 PM
I like that one. :D

Gobbla2001
11-11-2003, 07:52 PM
Yah, found it on another board, was wondering why in the world it hadn't been posted on here yet...

Gobbla2001
11-11-2003, 07:53 PM
Chief Woodman:
He's lucky one of them did not have a gun. Too many folks have been shot doing just that.Nah, he's too fast to get shot...

As a matter of fact, the whole team is too fast to get shot...

As a matter of fact.............................

Ranger Mom
11-11-2003, 07:54 PM
I saw that earlier myself and thought about posting it. I just didn't want to get bashed for starting yet another thread about Burnet!!

I know, I know....I'm a big chicken!!

Gobbla2001
11-11-2003, 07:55 PM
Ranger Mom:
I saw that earlier myself and thought about posting it. I just didn't want to get bashed for starting yet another thread about Burnet!!

I know, I know....I'm a big chicken!!NO, I'm a big Chicken... Gobble Gobble!

crzyjournalist03
11-11-2003, 07:55 PM
Ranger Mom:

I know, I know....I'm a big chicken!!don't feel bad...Gobbla's a turkey...

BHS#1
11-11-2003, 10:11 PM
I bet Mack Brown was so happy to read the Austin American Stateman. Are they camped out side the Shipley's house?

District303aPastPlayer
11-12-2003, 01:55 AM
Gobbla2001:

Ranger Mom:

I know, I know....I'm a big chicken!!NO, I'm a big Chicken... Gobble Gobble!actually, you are thanksgiving dinner

weatherag07
11-12-2003, 09:31 AM
District303aPastPlayer:

Gobbla2001:

Ranger Mom:

I know, I know....I'm a big chicken!!NO, I'm a big Chicken... Gobble Gobble!actually, you are thanksgiving dinnerThis reminds me of when Burnet played Cuero around Thanksgiving my freshman year (1999). We drill team and band kids had a little "cheer" for them...
What do we eat?
What do we eat?
Turkey meat!
Turkey meat!
How do we like it?
How do we like it?
RAW RAW RAW!

ha ha...the good ole days! wink :rolleyes:

3afan
11-12-2003, 09:35 AM
well thats a neat story - but i'd advise other to let the police to the chasing and holding .....

LogieJoeBean001
11-12-2003, 09:37 AM
Gobbla, I like your sense of humor. I've always admired anyone with a good sense of humor. You always give me a chuckle with your witty insights. I sure wish I could meet you at the Wharton/Cuero game, but I have a child at home sick right now. I'm trying to get her well so she can attend Regional Choir tryouts this Saturday. Being out in the cold, damp night air would not be the smartest thing.

Your a class act!

Bearcats213
11-12-2003, 09:45 AM
Jordan Shipley Kicks ass

BulldogGrl64
11-12-2003, 09:48 AM
Bearcats213:
Jordan Shipley Kicks assFootball star and bad guy chaser? Is this guy a super hero?! LOL :D

espn1
11-12-2003, 06:35 PM
Shipley also got some college credits for tracking them down. He's a Criminal Justice Major.