PDA

View Full Version : poor sweetwater

buckwheat
09-13-2003, 07:01 PM
Usually when a football team loses the fans try to blame the loss on one of three things....the quarterback, the ref's, or the coach. I'm sure that no one in sweetwater will admit that they lost to a better team. Did you lose as a team or did an individual cause the loss? Better luck next week.

wildstangs
09-13-2003, 08:24 PM
Greenwood was the State runner up last year and has their high ranking for a reason. No excuses here. See you the next time Sweetwater lose Spanky.

Ranger Mom
09-13-2003, 09:35 PM
Buttwheat - were you even at the game last night? I screamed myself hoarse for the Rangers, but I don't know if I can even say Greenwood played better than Sweetwater last night. Sweetwater is an excellent team who played an excellent game. Greenwood played their hearts out and made the plays to keep us in the game and ultimately gave us the win.

I was the first one to say something about the refs, and if you were there, you know what a badly called game that was, no matter what team you were backing. Wildstangs agreed with me about the refs, but I didn't get the feeling he was blaming the refs for the Mustang loss. There were calls made that should have never been made and there were blatant penalties that should have been called.

I never had the feeling that the refs favored either side over the other, it just seemed to me they had their heads up their own rear-ends all night!

I was ecstatic about the win, but as usual, it could have gone either way. Sweetwater played their guts out, and left it all on the field. I have all the respect in the world for them.

<small>[ September 13, 2003, 09:36 PM: Message edited by: Ranger Mom ]</small>

xlr8tor
09-13-2003, 10:15 PM
Wished I could have seen this one. Hope Greenwood and Sweetwater meet again in the playoffs like last year. Regardless of who wins, it seems to most always be a great game. Just my take.

sinton66
09-13-2003, 10:32 PM
I certainly didn't see anybody from Sweetwater making any excuses. Some people just like trying to start trouble , I guess.

Ranger Mom
09-13-2003, 10:47 PM
sinton66:
I certainly didn't see anybody from Sweetwater making any excuses. Some people just like trying to start trouble , I guess.Those troublemakers need to go somewhere else and find a life, IMO!!

I like Sweetwater and the majority of their posters on here. I watched mustang04 last night, and wanted to go talk to him and introduce myself, but the players all looked so down that I just couldn't bring myself to do it. I didn't know how he would feel with a Ranger fan in his face after all the emotion he had just spent on the field. I wanted him to get on here so I could tell him what an awesome team he is part of. I bought a program just so I could put a face with the username! wink

xlr8tor
09-13-2003, 10:48 PM
Ol Reggie's a ham isn't he. Just my take.

P.S. Check you PM's Rangermom

<small>[ September 13, 2003, 10:54 PM: Message edited by: xlr8tor ]</small>

Chief Woodman
09-13-2003, 11:52 PM
I hope they do not meet in the playoffs.....

xlr8tor
09-13-2003, 11:57 PM
Chief Woodman:
I hope they do not meet in the playoffs.....Happened last year. Could happen again, hopefully so. So exciting, some of the best games around. Just my take.

Chief Woodman
09-14-2003, 12:04 AM
Could happen, but might not. They were 1 yard away from not meeting again last year. The reason I hope they do not meet is it would mean Decatur is out of the playoffs.

Ranger Mom
09-14-2003, 12:09 AM
xlr8tor:

Chief Woodman:
I hope they do not meet in the playoffs.....Happened last year. Could happen again, hopefully so. So exciting, some of the best games around. Just my take.I like Sweetwater, but I would just as soon not play them again!! :D :D

Ranger Mom
09-14-2003, 12:14 AM
But....if it comes down to not being in the play-offs at all, or..playing Sweetwater. Then I would welcome the chance to play again!! :D

mustang04
09-14-2003, 12:19 AM
thanx rangermom..it was an awesome game, i dont know what to say about it, we both played awesome, the refs couldve been better, but yet we coulda played better, there are just too many things that can lead to one team winning or losing...but yeah i was heartborken, but not too bad cuz i know that we did play hard, glad u were able to get a pic of me lol

sinton66
09-14-2003, 12:23 AM
mustang04, as long as you know in your heart that you gave it your best, that's all anybody can expect of you. No shame in losing. Best of luck the rest of the way! :)

Ranger Mom
09-14-2003, 12:25 AM
I was heartbroken (mainly for you) and happy at the same time. I saw all the boys going up the stairs back to the field house, I guess. You were still on the field and I thought about meeting you while you were coming up the stairs. I decided against it, for one, I didn't want to embarrass you, and secondly, I didn't want to see the hurt in your eyes. You looked mighty dejected walking across the field.
On a more happy note, my daughter looked at the progam and said you were a "cutie"!!
Anyway, YOU are a classy young man and have gained the respect of this Ranger fan!!

smustangs
09-14-2003, 09:58 AM
it was a great game very physical all the way to the end and im sad bout the outcome but very proud to have played in the game greenwood has a very good ball team and good luck on yalls season hopefully well meet again in bout 12 weeks like last year w/ a different outcome haha

mustang04
09-14-2003, 01:27 PM
ya wouldnt have embarrased me Rangermom, i wouldve been happy to actually meet a poster from this board that i have alot of respect for....and one question..ur daughter doesnt have a seeing disability does she??? haha :p