PDA

View Full Version : Gobblers v Tigers

raider red 2000
09-09-2004, 11:57 AM
i was wondering how people think this game will turn out. i think that most people will pick the gobblers, they are # 2 in the state and #1 according to the data poll. How many mistakes will cuero have to make to blow this/or how many big plays will wharton need to be successfull? After last years playoff, this should be a grand ol time in gobblerville on friday.

i think that wharton will need to make several big plays on d such as a fumble recovery or int.

i think it will be close. wharton by 2

Old Green
09-09-2004, 12:30 PM
Big plays are going to be the key for Wharton. Trey Jones is the best QB in this area. He is accurate when he throws and a real shifty runner.

Cuero's front seven are going to have to control the line of scrimmage and contain Jones. They will have to put enough pressure on Jones where he will have to hurry up and pass or commit to the run.

Cuero is going to have to grind it out and control the clock. Last week they did better as far the fumbles go. Schumacher the QB has not been intercepted so far and is completing over 60% of his passes.

To me this is one of those peck'em games, but I am goig to be a Homer ans say Gobblers by 2 pts.:)

raider red 2000
09-09-2004, 01:04 PM
i think that you are right about jones being one of the best. as far as the cuero qb if he dosent make mistakes and the rb's dont drop the ball, then cuero should win. I think that jones will stay cool and get the job done. he will need some help from his defense though. i am sure that both teams will be prepared. good luck to both teams.

LogieJoeBean001
09-09-2004, 01:18 PM
I'm going to be at the Freshman and JV games today. Anyone from Cuero gonna make the trip?

UTFootBall#1
09-09-2004, 01:25 PM
How is the fan support between the Wharton and Cuero game?...is it predicted to be a full house?..I wanna make a game thats gonna have the atmosphere of a football game...

raider red 2000
09-09-2004, 01:29 PM
as far as fan support....we know that the cuero side will be packed. i have heard that the tiger fans will be late if they show up at all. after they lost too el campo who knows how many are willing to make the trip. i hope that it will be a good showing...for a good game.

44INAROW
09-09-2004, 01:57 PM
Originally posted by LogieJoeBean001
I'm going to be at the Freshman and JV games today. Anyone from Cuero gonna make the trip?

We usually have a pretty good following to the games.. Maybe all the "love bugs" will follow us and head on to Houston ha ha

Old Green
09-09-2004, 02:01 PM
Originally posted by LogieJoeBean001
I'm going to be at the Freshman and JV games today. Anyone from Cuero gonna make the trip? I'm thinking about it. :)

LogieJoeBean001
09-09-2004, 02:21 PM
Oh pleeeaaassseee, NO MORE LOVEBUGS, (or as I call them telephone bugs, they say "hello" and then hangup, or in their case, hang up).

BU97
09-09-2004, 02:38 PM
I bet that the old WCJC Pioneer stadium will be packed, maybe it still has some love for Wharton!

afflac39
09-09-2004, 03:04 PM
This game is easy to predict if whartons quarterback gets out and make plays by scrambling and running wharton will win this game by 2 tds. If wharton plays a control the clock with Cuero they will be playing right into Cuero hands because Cuero doesnt have any playmakerws that can take over a game.

Wharton--31

Cuero------21

44INAROW
09-09-2004, 04:00 PM
Originally posted by afflac39
This game is easy to predict if whartons quarterback gets out and make plays by scrambling and running wharton will win this game by 2 tds. If wharton plays a control the clock with Cuero they will be playing right into Cuero hands because Cuero doesnt have any playmakerws that can take over a game.

Wharton--31

Cuero------21

No Playmakers ROFLMAO.. Cuero is a TEAM.. not just ONE playmaker.

Gobbla2001
09-09-2004, 05:20 PM
Originally posted by afflac39

Wharton--31

Cuero------21

Keep posting...

But one question...

In another post, under a different name, didn't you say that you felt Cuero would win...

Of course you're an expert, you're never wrong because you strattle the fence...

pavilion
09-09-2004, 06:02 PM
dudes.... cuero will have no problem containing jones.. they have two de's that runs 4.6s (gallaway and rudd) and the rest of the defense is in the 4.5 range and lower.... as for a playmaker jeremy "the worm" ross and jeff "the groundhog" smith are all over the field knockin heads off. dont forget about brendon "snags everything" morris....he's an offensive player but he's been compared to randy moss and considered almost better than him...

UTFootBall#1
09-09-2004, 06:20 PM
Isnt Afflac the same guy who said Altair Rice was gonna annihilate Port Isabel...lol...figures....since Afflac bet that Wharton will win imma have to go with Cuero in this game since afflac always seems to be wrong..LOL....

Peace!