PDA

View Full Version : Texas A&M vs. Wyoming

KTJ
09-09-2004, 09:31 AM
Aggy goes back home after a horrible loss to Utah. Unfortunately, the road doesn't get any easier. Sure, Wymoing isn't a powerhouse program, but I bet they scouted that film from Utah like a mofo. Aggy will win this one, but this will be their only win for a long time--next on the schedule is Clemson and K-State and who knows after that. Another long season for Frantastic and Aggy.

Texas A&M - 31
Wyoming - 27

KTJ
09-09-2004, 02:36 PM
Okay so Wyoming is coming in with a win under there belt and the aggies are one down, what is your take on the game....

see above

snakebite
09-09-2004, 06:58 PM
I am an Aggie fan, so I am rooting for the aggies. But it seems ever since they hired Coach Fran their football program has gone down. And they said Coach Slocum was doing bad? If only they could have predidcted the future.

NHSRattler60
09-09-2004, 07:03 PM
never was an aggie fan.

Supertilley
09-09-2004, 08:01 PM
R.C. was the man. A&M has alot of talent this year that will be wasted at the hands of coach fran. If They would have stayed with R.C. the aggies would be highly ranked right now. But as for now, it will be a long time before we see the aggies of old with the wreckin crew package.:(

KTJ
09-09-2004, 08:21 PM
If Fran doesn't turn things around in the next 2-3 years, I will believe Karma came and bit him in the a** for what he did at 'Bama.

Panther Ross
09-10-2004, 10:11 AM
Originally posted by Supertilley
R.C. was the man. A&M has alot of talent this year that will be wasted at the hands of coach fran. If They would have stayed with R.C. the aggies would be highly ranked right now. But as for now, it will be a long time before we see the aggies of old with the wreckin crew package.:(

Yeah since he was so great he enough talent to win the title in 98 but only to the big 12. When you have the talent and dont win than something is wrong. Franchoine is on the rebuilding schedule. Yes it will take a while but it has to be done and Franchione is doing that right now.

Panther Ross
09-10-2004, 10:15 AM
Haven't yall forgotten how soon it was when fran came. rc left less than a month of the first game. they 4-8. Slocum couldnt have done better. rc did not ever make them work. They drenched themselves in water to make it look like sweat. Fran is making them work.

gamers
09-10-2004, 10:49 AM
I think the problem is that A&M is not getting the high quality players anymore. Texas gets the best Texas has to offer, but now Texas Tech and Oklahoma are stealing the other top recruits in Texas. A&M is having to try and match talent with these teams and they just can't. Until Fran can recruit some talent, A&M is going to struggle playing in the Big 12. I think they will finish about .500% this year. I look for them to improve drastically next year. Fran will get things turned around. Give him a chance to get his guys in and Slocum's guys out.

big daddy russ
09-10-2004, 11:54 AM
Originally posted by gamers
I think the problem is that A&M is not getting the high quality players anymore...

I don't know about all that. Yeah, A&M's recruiting classes aren't as good as OU or UT, but the state of Texas has plenty to go around. The Aggies have actually recruited better along the trenches than UT over the past two or three years, but getting those players to perform at the level they were expected to play has been a problem.

Give them two more years. The talent is most definitely there, they just haven't put it together.

3afan
09-10-2004, 12:59 PM
Originally posted by Panther Ross
... They drenched themselves in water to make it look like sweat. ...

WHAT !?!?!?!?!

Panther Ross
09-13-2004, 10:39 AM
yes 3a fan it is true slocum never did make them work

BrahmaMom
09-13-2004, 10:51 AM
Nope, RC didn't make 'em work. Fran will be paid back for how he left those players in 'Bama, and A&M's recruiting style doesn't lend itself to ferreting out players with heart. As we were told during the process "It's all about business"--sorry, not what I want for my kid, though that statement was definitely an education!! The Fran mystique and honeymoon seems to be at an end. Aggie fans have had a rough few years. The fans seem to have more heart than the players or coaches--hmmmm.

Reveille
09-13-2004, 11:51 AM
Originally posted by KTJ

Texas A&M - 31
Wyoming - 27

I'm impressed. You nailed A&M's score. Anyway, IMO, Fran and the Ags will struggle again this year due to so much youth on the team and their schedule. They will look a lot better next year with experience and a softer OOC schedule.

JasperDog94
09-13-2004, 11:53 AM
That's what people said last year about this year.

Reveille
09-13-2004, 01:08 PM
What were they smoking?

AggieJohn
09-13-2004, 02:02 PM
Originally posted by KTJ

Texas A&M - 31
Wyoming - 27

yep got the aggie's score right....sorry you put too much faith into the cowgirls....

ever living
ever loving
complex
compound
FTAC of 2006

we BTHO Wyoming

sahen
09-13-2004, 05:23 PM
just thought u'd like to know explayer....i'll be at Kyle sat. cause baylor dont have a game and a friend got me a ticket....i dont know if im cheering for a Clemson or A&M yet...we will see..its just so hard to cheer for the ags even though i think i'd rather see a texas team win.....::sigh::

true_blue_tiger
09-13-2004, 05:45 PM
you may want to cheer for the aggies. just a thought, especially if your friend got you a ticket in the student section.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

AggieJohn
09-13-2004, 10:22 PM
gig'em aggies

crabman
09-13-2004, 11:05 PM
Me and my wife and some other friends are going Saturday. I bought two tickets in The Zone lower level at a Chamber of Commerce auction Saturday night. One of Cuero's ex-players got us our other two.
The game will probably suck but we will have a good view of it. Explayer2001, what is your major up there? My daughter is a sophomore.

sahen
09-14-2004, 12:01 AM
Originally posted by true_blue_tiger
you may want to cheer for the aggies. just a thought, especially if your friend got you a ticket in the student section.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

ya...i wouldnt even consider it if it was in the student section, however these tickets r supposedly alumni...

Panther Ross
09-14-2004, 10:44 AM
Originally posted by big daddy russ
The Aggies have actually recruited better along the trenches than UT over the past two or three years
Give them two more years. The talent is most definitely there, they just haven't put it together. [/B]

Better recruting than Texas... that is crazy. They only have like a few great players. Lewis, Mc Neal (off and on), Terrence Murphy. There oline has to put together and there whole defense. Yes they will have it together though in a few years.

handNthedirt
09-14-2004, 10:47 AM
FIRE MACK BROWN!!

He'll never get the horns to the Big Dance!!! Have fun beating the hell out of North Texas and Baylor, and run it up while you can!

big daddy russ
09-14-2004, 10:53 AM
...Yeah, A&M's recruiting classes aren't as good as OU or UT... The Aggies have actually recruited better along the trenches than UT over the past two or three years, but getting those players to perform at the level they were expected to play has been a problem...

Better recruting than Texas... that is crazy. They only have like a few great players. Lewis, Mc Neal (off and on), Terrence Murphy. There oline has to put together and there whole defense. Yes they will have it together though in a few years.

Lewis is not on either line. Neither is McNeal or Murphy. Jorrie Adams, Red Bryant, Johnny Jolly, Cody Wallace, Chris Yoder, Chris Harrington... all were top recruits.

Panther Ross
09-14-2004, 10:53 AM
Originally posted by handNthedirt
FIRE MACK BROWN!!

He'll never get the horns to the Big Dance!!! Have fun beating the hell out of North Texas and Baylor, and run it up while you can!

Oh man, you are the greatest! Mack Brown will never win it all, they pick on smaller teams to make themselves look good.

Panther Ross
09-14-2004, 10:54 AM
Lewis is not on either line. Neither is McNeal or Murphy. Jorrie Adams, Red Bryant, Johnny Jolly, Cody Wallace, Chris Yoder, Chris Harrington... all were top recruits.

That is why lewis averaged 7.5 yrds a carry last season and broke 1,000 yrds and oh yeah i forgot he was a FRESHMEN.

big daddy russ
09-14-2004, 10:55 AM
But you're right about McNeal, Ross. I see him more as a great athlete with one great game and a bunch of inconsistent ones (inconsistency within each game, not from game to game).

big daddy russ
09-14-2004, 10:56 AM
Are you talking about the line? 'Cause that's the subject of my first post.

JasperDog94
09-14-2004, 10:57 AM
Oh man, you are the greatest! Mack Brown will never win it all, they pick on smaller teams to make themselves look good. Smaller teams like A&M...

big daddy russ
09-14-2004, 11:01 AM
Originally posted by JasperDog94
Smaller teams like A&M...
Damn straight! I don't know how much more I can take.:(

handNthedirt
09-14-2004, 11:05 AM
The Ags WILL show up and make it a game this year...the Wrecking Crew is definately not the Wrecking Crew of old, but TU will find someway to piss it down their leg and make it close...maybe Mack Brown's lack of preparation and motivation. He needs to retire before he's fired!

JasperDog94
09-14-2004, 11:12 AM
Ha ha! I've heard all of this drivel before. "Next year we'll have the wrecking crew again. It won't be like last year." blah blah blah.

What was the score last year? 46-15

How about the year before? 50-20

And the year before? 21-7

Keep deluding yourselves. If you repeat it often enough, people will start to believe it. That's what politicians believe.:nerd:

handNthedirt
09-14-2004, 11:16 AM
I don't remember saying anything about "next" year, can you comprehend what you read, T-sippin' hippy!!!

JasperDog94
09-14-2004, 01:07 PM
Originally posted by handNthedirt
I don't remember saying anything about "next" year, can you comprehend what you read, T-sippin' hippy!!! Again with the name calling...:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

I'm referring to every year when A&M gets beat. "We're in a rebuilding year. We'll be better next year." Well next year is here. It's time to put up or shut up.