PDA

View Full Version : Jasper VS Beaumont Central

dawgmom
09-09-2004, 09:30 AM
The freshmen and JV play tonight in BMT. I hope to see a lot of Jasper fans there! These youngsters need our support too! I was disappointed with the fans last week. Lets have at least a small crowd there tonight! And, see you all at the Boneyard tomorrow night!:wave: :thumbsup:

spiveyrat
09-09-2004, 10:22 AM
GO DAWGS! :clap: :cheerl:

Junkyard
09-09-2004, 10:25 AM
I will be at the Boneyard for sure but dont know if i will make the game tonight.

goodluck DOGS!!!

Bulldog_12
09-09-2004, 11:29 AM
Id love to be there for the JV and freshmen or even the varsity, but, ala, I am three hours away. But, I will be listening on the radio hopefully. Is anyone gonna give updates just in case?

JasperDog94
09-09-2004, 11:33 AM
Originally posted by Bulldog_12
Id love to be there for the JV and freshmen or even the varsity, but, ala, I am three hours away. But, I will be listening on the radio hopefully. Is anyone gonna give updates just in case? Can you get the radio station in College Station?

Bulldog_12
09-09-2004, 11:37 AM
i dunno, probably not on the radio. But is there a web cast?

JasperDog94
09-09-2004, 11:42 AM
Not from the Jasper station. They haven't made it out of the 20th century yet...:(

Bulldog_12
09-09-2004, 11:45 AM
oh yeah, i forgot. Maybe a beaumont station will be doing one.

Old No. 7
09-09-2004, 12:45 PM
Your right dawgmom, the jv needs support too. Our jv cheerleaders don't even travel to out of town games. Whats the football world coming to. Goodluck tonight dogs.

Jasper 28
Central 12

dawgmom
09-09-2004, 01:06 PM
Unfortunately its not because they don't want to be there. The sponsors don't think they (Fresh/JV) need to go to out of town games! That makes NO sense! :rolleyes:

Junkyard
09-09-2004, 01:09 PM
If the sponsors dont think they need to go to out of town games then maybe they need new sponsors that maybe are not so lazy.

JasperDog94
09-09-2004, 01:11 PM
Since when did that start happening?

dawgmom
09-09-2004, 01:14 PM
Well, for the past 6 years no cheerleaders other than Varsity have gone to OOT games except SOME playoff games. If I was sponsor, that would change! But I am not....so the parents (me anyway) go and yell as if we were cheerleaders! :clap: :cheerl: :cheerl: :cheerl: :wave: :thumbsup: :crazy:

Junkyard
09-09-2004, 01:16 PM
I vote Dawgmom new cheerleader sponsor in Jasper.

dawgmom
09-09-2004, 01:19 PM
Thanks for the vote! I would take it in a heartbeat but it won't ever happen since one of the sponsors is the principals wife! :rolleyes:

JasperDog94
09-09-2004, 01:20 PM
I'm going to say this at the risk of offending people. (and we all know how touchy some people can get) Do the cheerleaders really make that big a difference during the game? How many times have the cheerleaders started a cheer that got the crowd involved? Usually it's the crowd that starts the cheers that get people pumped up.

Junkyard
09-09-2004, 01:20 PM
Oh yea forgot about that.:(

dawgmom
09-09-2004, 01:23 PM
VERY good point JD94. I think part of the problem is that most cheerleaders (not all) no NOTHING about football, or whatever sport they are cheering for. I have been at games when they are cheering for defense, but we were on OFFENSE!:eek: I really get aggravated at cheerleaders like that. So I just get louder in hopes they will hear me and correct their cheers! :devil:

Junkyard
09-09-2004, 01:25 PM
Well the sponsors should teach them enough about football so that they are at least cheering in the right direction. I mean it is not exactly rocket science.:nerd:

dawgmom
09-09-2004, 01:28 PM
Sometimes I think some of the hair color goes deeper than just to the roots! :doh:

Junkyard
09-09-2004, 01:29 PM
Originally posted by dawgmom
Sometimes I think some of the hair color goes deeper than just to the roots! :doh:

LOL:clap: :D too funny!!!!

WOS1
09-09-2004, 01:36 PM
The dawgs will run roughshod over the Jags... 35-7.

dawgmom
09-09-2004, 01:39 PM
I hope you are right WOS... Who do y'all play this week?

WOS1
09-09-2004, 01:43 PM
We play Bay City Saturday. It's going to be a tough one.

dawgmom
09-09-2004, 01:47 PM
Well, good luck to y'all. Contrary to what some believe, I think it would be pretty cool for both of our teams to be in the final games of the season! Separate divisions of course. ;)

j_dog
09-09-2004, 10:58 PM
Originally posted by WOS1
The dawgs will run roughshod over the Jags... 35-7.
Is Central really that bad this year? Did they go from playoffs to also-rans in just one year? Didn't they give Bay City a good game in the 4a playoffs just last year? :confused:

JHS_c/o_06'
09-10-2004, 12:23 AM
The dawgs sweep the jags tonight

Freshmen (win 1-2) 28-0

JV (win 2-1) 20-14

sahen
09-10-2004, 02:46 AM
Originally posted by j_dog
Is Central really that bad this year? Did they go from playoffs to also-rans in just one year? Didn't they give Bay City a good game in the 4a playoffs just last year? :confused:

i dont know if central is that bad but i do know that they got thumped last week by beaumont west brook (5a) 45-0...i know west brook is bigger but they r normally not that much to speak about...only fighting baytown sterling for the cellar in their district (unfortunatly sterling was my highschool)..::sigh::....anyways yah when the jags where 5a (only 3 years ago) they were beating westbrook and they were playoff contenders in 5a...looks like they r having a rebuilding year to me with that score....

dawgmom
09-10-2004, 08:23 AM
C/O 06, you must have been there! One of the what 10-15 Jasper folks there :( :rolleyes: . If the varsity plays anything like they did last night, we will have NO problems. But I have learned to NEVER assume anything. I just hope it is a good game. We don't need a real easy one the week before we play Newton! :thinking: :doh:

Jason1725
09-10-2004, 05:36 PM
I have covered lots of football games over the past few years Buna,Woodville,Kirbyville,Newton,Jasper,Burkeville ,Stratford and on and on and the best cheerleaders I have ever seen knowledge wise was last years Kirbyville squad, those kids would scream all game and they knew what they were screaming. I just thought I would pop in and give them some props.

VERY good point JD94. I think part of the problem is that most cheerleaders (not all) no NOTHING about football, or whatever sport they are cheering for. I have been at games when they are cheering for defense, but we were on OFFENSE! I really get aggravated at cheerleaders like that. So I just get louder in hopes they will hear me and correct their cheers!

Jason1725
09-10-2004, 05:46 PM
I have covered lots of football games over the past few years Buna,Woodville,Kirbyville,Newton,Jasper,Burkeville ,Stratford and on and on and the best cheerleaders I have ever seen knowledge wise was last years Kirbyville squad, those kids would scream all game and they knew what they were screaming. I just thought I would pop in and give them some props.

VERY good point JD94. I think part of the problem is that most cheerleaders (not all) no NOTHING about football, or whatever sport they are cheering for. I have been at games when they are cheering for defense, but we were on OFFENSE! I really get aggravated at cheerleaders like that. So I just get louder in hopes they will hear me and correct their cheers!

bearkatdad
09-10-2004, 05:59 PM
ok...back to the subject of the thread... I'll post the score when I return from the game... not sure if the game will be 'on the net'???
Anyone know? I will check back here and see and I'll post if need be.
Sure hope the Dogs keep the fumbling down to a minimum tonight... and sure hope we can make an extra point or 2...

JHS_c/o_06'
09-11-2004, 01:04 AM
Originally posted by dawgmom
C/O 06, you must have been there! One of the what 10-15 Jasper folks there :( :rolleyes: . If the varsity plays anything like they did last night, we will have NO problems. But I have learned to NEVER assume anything. I just hope it is a good game. We don't need a real easy one the week before we play Newton! :thinking: :doh:

Yeah...i was there...i played most of the game. And there were very few fans there but it's ok. And varsity did a very good job tonight, and the way we practice, they earned it. And i hope this puts us/keeps us (depending on which poll you look at) at #1.

Bulldog_12
09-11-2004, 02:41 AM
I hope it doesnt give Jasper the number one. Keep that target off of their backs for a while. But if it is given, im sure they will take it.