PDA

View Full Version : Best defense in West Texas

J-Kwon
09-08-2004, 06:59 PM
let me hear who u think is the best defense in west texas based on the first two weeks of the season. I will go with Clyde in this one, they've only allowed 58 yards rushing combined in the first 2 games

wildstangs
09-08-2004, 07:01 PM
I dont know about stats, but Snyder has given up only 15 points in two games.

PPHSfan
09-08-2004, 07:19 PM
Wow,

They have given up 24 points in 58 yards? And they are 1-1?

OK,

I give up.

Great defense, but no special teams, or offense?

J-Kwon
09-08-2004, 08:02 PM
yes pretty much. offense is young, lots of turnovers. they get their offense coming around they could be pretty good.

westTXbest
09-08-2004, 08:49 PM
Right now it has to be Abilene Wylie or snyder without a doubt.

sirhc11
09-08-2004, 09:24 PM
There is no way it is Abilene Wylie or Snyder. Who do they have that can contend with Chiappone or Wilkerson? Answer me that one question. C'mon open your eyes.

wildstangs
09-08-2004, 09:35 PM
Abilene Wylie and Snyder both have TWO wins. I think their defenses have gotten the job done.

sirhc11
09-08-2004, 09:49 PM
Originally posted by wildstangs
Abilene Wylie and Snyder both have TWO wins. I think their defenses have gotten the job done.

I said say some names. Who does Abilene Wylie have? Kiger??? Please... Snyder?? Oh there running back they recruited from Arizona???

wildstangs
09-08-2004, 09:51 PM
Originally posted by sirhc11
I said say some names. Who does Abilene Wylie have? Kiger??? Please... Snyder?? Oh there running back they recruited from Arizona???

Most of the times its not about individuals....Its about what they do as a TEAM.

westTXbest
09-08-2004, 10:21 PM
what do u mean open my eyes? Wait til clyde plays in district i think they will have the worst defense.

westTXbest
09-08-2004, 10:25 PM
Kiger from Wylie is very good at tailback.

big daddy russ
09-08-2004, 11:33 PM
Originally posted by sirhc11
There is no way it is Abilene Wylie or Snyder. Who do they have that can contend with Chiappone or Wilkerson? Answer me that one question. C'mon open your eyes.

Dang, I think I heard names in there. Yup, I see two. You know, you could rattle off the names of 9 starters from Team A and prove that they're in an entirely different class than any of the starters from Teams B, C, D and E... but if Team A has a weak link (let's say, LCB and SS) and they go up against a smart QB who can find a mismatch, that studly defense will crumble. You're only as strong as your weakest link.

VWG
09-09-2004, 06:28 AM
Snyder has looked impressive in their two wins vs. Levelland and Lubbock Estacado. They shut out Estacado.
Canyon also has had two wins that the defense shut down Amarillo Caprock, and in their game last week they held their opponent to I think 6 or 12 pts.

Black_Magic
09-09-2004, 08:08 AM
I think its too early to predict the best defense. Snyder has done well. 15 points alowed in two games . I think Snyder held Levelland to around 100 total in game one and held Estacado to under 140 in game two.

Lubbock cooper has a good defense as well. Wylie must have a good one to shut out greenwood.
I know the kids from clyde dont know of many other people in the area but Snyders McNatt OG and DT was second team all state last year. D Angelo Davis DE was named a preseason All state candidate. There are alot of good players out there in west texas.

BTW , I know Snyder didnt recruit any Running back. because some kids dad moves to texas for work this young man comes to snyder. I cant remember hardly ever when snyder had a move in that made a difference. this is a first for snyder.

Z motion 10 out on 2
09-09-2004, 09:09 AM
Vernon

hustla33
09-09-2004, 09:24 AM
no are u serious, what abut graham has only given up 13 points in two games against a class 4a squad from ft. wroth and also levelland they have easily the best "D" in the west

westTXbest
09-09-2004, 09:26 AM
i really dont hink grham is west texas.

Z motion 10 out on 2
09-09-2004, 10:46 AM
Originally posted by westTXbest
I really dont hink grham is west texas.

Graham and all of district 5 are what would be considered the eastern border of West Texas teams. That includes Wichita Falls as the far east. If not West Texas, then there is no place for them. The metroplex (DFW) doesn't really have many 3A schools with exception to Kennedale and a couple of others.

BigAbe79
09-09-2004, 10:55 AM
Clyde has only allowed 56 rushing yards in the last 2 games.

Blk&Gold4ever
09-09-2004, 10:58 AM
guys.... I takes a whole team effort.
Pretty big statement.

J-Kwon
09-09-2004, 06:57 PM
BlckNGold4Ever, they have 9 other players besides Wilkerson and Chiappone. They fly to the ball and they like to hit. They play their positions well and are rarely caught out of position. From what I've seen so far, their secondary has played above their heads. The more experience they get, the better they will be. And coming from somebody that actually knows something about football, YES they do have the best defense.

BulldogsWR20
09-14-2004, 10:21 PM
Originally posted by Blk&Gold4ever
And who does Clyde have besides Chiappone and Wilkerson? Come on guys.... I takes a whole team effort.
The best defense????? Pretty big statement. I just hope no one starts a passing game on us.

What in the heck are you talking about?!!
People have tried to pass against clyde's
defense, and how has it turned out??....
Wilkerson with 4 picks and Garza with 2 and Cantrell with one. So starting a passing game may not do much good. And the D doesnt have anyone but Wilk and Chip.... what about up front they have alot to do with stopping the running game and secondary isn't too shabby either, so look a little deeper into the picture, then talk. Dogs all the way #20

BigAbe79
09-16-2004, 02:05 PM
Originally posted by wildstangs

We have 2 wins.

Black_Magic
10-15-2004, 08:22 AM
Originally posted by J-Kwon
BlckNGold4Ever, they have 9 other players besides Wilkerson and Chiappone. They fly to the ball and they like to hit. They play their positions well and are rarely caught out of position. From what I've seen so far, their secondary has played above their heads. The more experience they get, the better they will be. And coming from somebody that actually knows something about football, YES they do have the best defense. thought because J-Kwon made the statement he did in the Snyder Clyde thread I would bring this little one back up. :p

Black_Magic
10-15-2004, 08:24 AM
Originally posted by BulldogsWR20
What in the heck are you talking about?!!
People have tried to pass against clyde's
defense, and how has it turned out??....
Wilkerson with 4 picks and Garza with 2 and Cantrell with one. So starting a passing game may not do much good. And the D doesnt have anyone but Wilk and Chip.... what about up front they have alot to do with stopping the running game and secondary isn't too shabby either, so look a little deeper into the picture, then talk. Dogs all the way #20 Another one worth bringing up.

Macarthur
10-15-2004, 09:35 AM
I think Iowa Park needs to be in the conversation. I don't know if they are the best, but they've given up about 80 points in 7 games. Three of their 7 wins were against 4A competition. WF scored like 35 on Denton and Burkburnett scored 40 something on Denison. IP held WF to 12 points, Breck 0, MIneral Wells 12, and Gainesville 3. All of those teams have scored quite a few points in their other games.

Again, it's hard to say who is "best", but I don't think you can ignore the Hawks.

Black_Magic
10-15-2004, 09:46 AM
THanks Macarthur but this has been a dead thread for a while. I just brought it up because of some of the rude Clyde posters that say they never mouthed or talked up how great thier Defense was. its to prove a point that J-Kwon disputes. Im sure IP has a great D

tmac
10-15-2004, 10:01 AM
decatur has given up few against some of the supposidly more dangerous in texas