PDA

View Full Version : Just in

Idiot
02-04-2002, 10:35 AM
Sweetwater and Merkel are out of Wylies district but still 3A,Brady and Comanche takes there place.

sinton66
02-04-2002, 10:49 AM
Everman remains 3A, Jasper drops down to 3A,Odem drops down to 2A. District 23 now Region 3 with Bellville,Sealy,Navasota heading it up. Sweeny joins District 28 in Region 4.

Idiot
02-04-2002, 11:00 AM
3A to 4A Aledo, Alvarado, Mabank, Springtown, Taylor

Evelated by
Request: Fabens, Houston Kashmere, Houston Wheatley

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
3A 345 to 899 membership range 211 schools

4A to 3A: Borger, Canyon, Carthage, Dallas Madison, Dallas Roosevelt, Jasper, Navasota, Paris North Lamar, Pecos, Snyder, Tyler Chapel Hill

2A to 3A: Anahuac, Celina, Comanche, Farmersville, Godley, Hardin, Hutto, Nevada Community, Pilot Point, Trinity, Van Alstyne

eye of the tiger
02-04-2002, 11:10 AM
Commerce moves back to 10-3A along with Bonham,Princeton.Quinlan Ford, and Royse city. Farmersville moves back after a 2 year absence. Nevada Community and Paris North Lamar make up the rest. Tigers in an 8 team district for the first time in many years. Forney moves to district 13-3A along with 3 Dallas schools(Madison,Pinkston,Roosevelt), Crandall, Kaufman, Ferris,and Wilmer-Hutchins.

[This message has been edited by eye of the tiger (edited February 04, 2002).]

ethsfbnut
02-04-2002, 01:18 PM
eye of the tiger...Commerce was in an eight team dist as recently as `99. Dist 10-3A had Commerce, Royse City, Frisco, Princeton, Bonham, Pottsboro, Whitesboro and Quinlan. Believe eight teams make for much more excitement. Lots of wierd things can happen with seven dist games. Seems to be more upsets for some reason. Know coaches like it better because only three pre-district games have to be scheduled. Now we have to wait for those games to come out. Would like to have Forney on Tigers schedule in pre-dist to kind of keep rivalry going.

eye of the tiger
02-04-2002, 02:43 PM
eths...you are right. i came back in when i looked at some old stuff and was going to change it, but no need to now. i think the tigers will do well in this district.

fatcat255
02-04-2002, 02:49 PM
Longview Spring Hill has tried for two months to get Commerce to agree to a non-district matchup, couldn't come to an agreement. Would've been a good one to watch.

eye of the tiger
02-04-2002, 04:59 PM
maybe now that the realignment is done we can get it set up. it would be good for both teams i think.

left2soon
02-04-2002, 08:03 PM
maybe spring hill can get that powerhouse redwater off of there schedule now and play a team it will be tuff to run the score up on.

fatcat255
02-04-2002, 08:32 PM
I kinda liked Redwater. Was a good game to play kids and learn about the backups. I heard scrimmages against Lindale & Gilmer then non-district games against Tatum, Chapel Hill, Daingerfield, Pleasant Grove & Van. Don't know the order or if all these are solid yet, but think that is what they were working toward.

left2soon
02-05-2002, 06:03 PM
my hat will be off to them if they pull that schedule off. what is it they say...to be the best you have to beat the best.. pretty good crop of east texas football teams there. and everybody needs a van on there schedule..lol.