PDA

View Full Version : Article on the Palacios Sharks (25-3A)

Gobbla2001
09-08-2004, 05:32 PM
If you're from around here, you know who the, and I mean 'THE' 3a doormat has been the last, oh, I dunno, 7 years or so (and before that a 4A doormat I believe)... That would be the Palacios Sharks...

In all my life I have NEVER seen an article in ANY newspaper that was about Palacios Football...

Saw one in the Victoria Advocate today and had to share... It's good to see a traditional struggler making other teams struggle...

----

Kubecka is big reason Sharks have 2-0 mark

Palacios Sharks quarterback Dane Kubecka wants to take his team's newfound success one step at a time.

The junior threw three touchdown passes and ran for another TD in leading Palacios to a 42-7 win over the rival Tidehaven Tigers. The victory put the Sharks at 2-0 for the first time since 2000. Palacios will try to go 3-0 for the first time since 1989, when Kubecka was just a toddler, this week against the winless Bloomington Bobcats.

"We're really excited," Kubecka said. "But we're real focused on Bloomington. We just want to get better with each game."

Kubecka started nine games at quarterback for the Sharks last season as a sophomore. It was a tough learning experience as Palacios went 0-10.

"He's not the same type of kid he was last year," Palacios head coach Stuart Burleson said. "He put on some weight and worked hard in the offseason."

Kubecka leds the Advocate area in passing yards with 386. He has completed 15 of 24 passes with six of them going for touchdowns.

"The offensive line has been giving Dane a lot of time to throw," Burleson said. "The receivers are understanding how to find ways to get open and Dane is keeping his head up and finding the open receiver."

Ranger Mom
09-08-2004, 05:36 PM
:clap: :clap: Good for them!!:clap: :clap:

Gobbla2001
09-08-2004, 05:38 PM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
:clap: :clap: Good for them!!:clap: :clap:

I think it's very good...

I remember back in my day that their best player was a 300 pound girl that wore goggles, her sister was pretty good herself (had contacts I guess)...

I just knew when we played Palacios that I was going to get some quality playing time haha...

Ranger Mom
09-08-2004, 05:41 PM
I always felt sorry for Presidio and Slaton when we played them.

I was always hoping they would get a win....just not against us!:p