PDA

View Full Version : Clyde in the playoffs

sirhc11
09-07-2004, 09:56 PM
Give it up to Clyde altough they lost a close one to Breckenridge, they showed what their defense has to bring holding Breck to only 125 yards and 13 points. May i remind you Breck put up 41 points against Bridgeport. Also Agnew had 244 passing yards although the offense is a little rough i look for it to shape up and put up some points during district. This is Clyde's year to make playoffs and I think they will as they will knock off Merkel and Sweetwater.

wildstangs
09-07-2004, 10:17 PM
Pretty bold predictions there. Be sure and be here in November so we can give you a hard time if it doesnt come true :)

Z motion 10 out on 2
09-08-2004, 12:03 AM
Clyde did at least hold their own with Breck. However, Breck probably won't make teh playoffs in the district with IP, graham and Vernon.

We will see what Clyde has after playing Vernon. Other than Wylie, Clyde will be only the second 3A team that Vernon plays in non-district.

4A Springtown
5A Altus
4A Wichita Falls High
3A Wylie
4A Burkburnett
3A Clyde

For what it is worth. I am glad to see some fight out of Clyde.

Z motion 10 out on 2
09-08-2004, 12:04 AM
Sorry for the post but I couldn't have my post # on the three 6's.

Johnny Moxen
09-08-2004, 02:24 PM
Well, I talked with someone at the Clyde game. And though it was expressed that Clyde won in every aspect of the game, as my dad used to say "you won every where except where it counts, on the scoreboard". I am glad to see that Clyde is having a good year and has potential to make some noise within district, but it's who's got the most points at the end of the game that counts. I think Clyde can possibly play "spoiler" for a game or two. I just don't think that they have what it takes to make the playoffs. Prove me wrong and I'll be here to eat crow in November.

sirhc11
09-08-2004, 03:52 PM
I will be here in November and we'll see when Clyde is in the playoffs. I mean honestly who on Merkel or Sweetwater's offense can contend with Wilkerson (20 tackles, 3 INT), Chiappone (20 tackles, 2 Sacks), and watch out for Garza at the cornerback position (2 INT). These stats are through two games and it is outstanding that Clyde has two players with 20 tackles.

Johnny Moxen
09-08-2004, 04:04 PM
Hey no disrespect meany sirhc11, just that Clyde has accomplished their feats against a 2A team and a potentially weak Breckenridge team. Do this against Vernon and others in district 4-3A and I'll acknowledge the worthiness. I think that the Clyde/Merkel game should be a good one, but Sweetwater (even on rebuilding year) stills brings game to the table. I am just not ready to concede Clyde over Sweetwater just yet.

J-Kwon
09-08-2004, 06:52 PM
That potentially weak Breckenridge team beat 3A Bridgeport 41-20, and that 2A team is Ballinger who has great tradition. Clyde's defense will be too much for the whole district to contend with, let alone sweetwater and merkel. I'm not making any predictions but Clyde is waaaaaaay underrated for this district race.

MHSvarsity2007
09-08-2004, 08:13 PM
I agree J-Kwon. Clyde has been very underrated this year. Clyde will definitely be a fight for us this year. Good Luck Bulldogs!

sirhc11
09-08-2004, 09:27 PM
Thank you J-Kwon. It's about time someone gave Clyde some props.

roadblock
09-08-2004, 09:49 PM
Has Clyde forgotten what district they are in? Lets worry about winning a district game before we start talking playoffs.

wildstangs
09-08-2004, 09:54 PM
Originally posted by roadblock
Has Clyde forgotten what district they are in? Lets worry about winning a district game before we start talking playoffs.

I agree. It is nice to see that Clyde is confident, but they have a tough road ahead.

westTXbest
09-08-2004, 10:38 PM
That is true roadblock, but u never know what could happen for clyde in district.

sirhc11
09-08-2004, 10:40 PM
Who in Sweetwater and Merkel can compete with Clyde's defense on offense. Who???

westTXbest
09-08-2004, 11:00 PM
Thompson and Carillo from Sweetwater and Lambert from Merkel.

wildstangs
09-08-2004, 11:00 PM
Originally posted by sirhc11
Who in Sweetwater and Merkel can compete with Clyde's defense on offense. Who???

Who knows? Thats why they play the games.

wildstangs
09-08-2004, 11:01 PM

And again, its not about individuals. Not one player can win the game by themselves. It takes a team effort.

renegade*dawg
09-09-2004, 11:27 AM
:eek: :eek: :eek: :confused:

J-Kwon
09-09-2004, 06:48 PM
Lambert will get shut down and until somebody else steps up in Merkel, they won't win a game in district. And if you take Sweetwater's QB out of the game, you slow their whole offense, including Carrillo. So they are very beatable

Redman
09-09-2004, 09:21 PM
Originally posted by J-Kwon
Lambert will get shut down and until somebody else steps up in Merkel, they won't win a game in district. And if you take Sweetwater's QB out of the game, you slow their whole offense, including Carrillo. So they are very beatable

J-Kwon, no ill respect but I hope you have a big stomach for all that crow you will be shoveling. Like Wildstang says football is a team sport not an individual.
So worry about Labert and the rest of the offense will do their job and we see another score like last year in Merkel what was if again 40 - 0 ?? Well that was in the past and so was the Wylie game from last year. Merkel has a few rabbits up their sleeve, might of heard of this one Zac Maxey?? He will be happy to plow through your defense. Food for Thought.:thinking: :D

sirhc11
09-09-2004, 09:57 PM
Redman need I remind you that Clyde has given up only 58 rushing yards in their last two games. What makes you Zac Maxey will do any different??? We'll see when Merkel plays Clyde. I'm thinking Maxey wont break 30 yards.

wildstangs
09-09-2004, 10:10 PM

I think if you take ANY QB out of the game, it will slow that teams offense a great deal!

Z motion 10 out on 2
09-09-2004, 10:14 PM
I agree wildstangs.

Thompson looked very good in the Vernon scrimmage. He did look a little light so I hope that he stays healthy which could be a concern since he will run the ball. But he is very quick and has a good arm.

Redman
09-09-2004, 11:32 PM
Redman need I remind you that Clyde has given up only 58 rushing yards in their last two games. What makes you Zac Maxey will do any different??? We'll see when Merkel plays Clyde. I'm thinking Maxey wont break 30 yards.

We'll see, when Clyde comes to Merkel. I look forward to this game. Going to be a good one may just come down to this game to determine that third place in district.

Blk&Gold4ever
09-10-2004, 10:48 AM
Good luck tonight.... I hope you guys are right.

J-Kwon
09-10-2004, 03:25 PM
well what do you want clyde to do? do you want them to think they can be beat? you have to have confindence to win. The Clyde team just thinks they can win every game, which they can if they play the way they are capable. Now if they win every game or not is a different story. Its all about attitude and you have to have it to win. So blckngold4ever lay off the stupid comments and actually support your school and let them prove it on the field.

Stangster
09-10-2004, 04:19 PM

Tell that to Perryton! They took out Thompson and still got beat in the playoffs. Sweetwater plays a team sport not individual competion.

It's a little early to be talking playoffs with a team that has not proved themselves. They have a long way to go and it will be an uphill climb to make the playoffs in this district.

Just my onion